Wolf leaving X

Internet rumors have Johnny considering Butler, Gonzaga & Pepperdine...

Per Dustin Dow's Cincy Enquirer NCAA blog.......

Wolf asks for and gets release from XU

Statement from Miller:
“Johnny did an outstanding job as a member of two Xavier basketball teams that won conference championships and participated in consecutive NCAA Tournaments,” said Miller. “I wish him continued success as he pursues other opportunities to continue as a student-athlete.”

Wolf was a good point guard for two seasons at Xavier, especially at the end of his freshman season when he took over as the starting point guard and helped lead XU into the NCAA Tournament. His departure creates a situation where Xavier has to find a reliable backup point guard for next season.

I've heard for a while now that Butler could be interested in Wolf, so that could be a possible destination. I have no knowledge of this, but it wouldn't shock me if Wolf remained at Xavier. The release only means he has permission to seek opportunities at other schools. Nothing that I know of would prevent him from staying at Xavier. I don't think it's likely, but like I said, it wouldn't shock me.

I'll follow with more in tomorrow's Enquirer.

Internet rumors have Johnny considering Butler, Gonzaga & Pepperdine...

Per Dustin Dow's Cincy Enquirer NCAA blog.......

Wolf asks for and gets release from XU

Statement from Miller:
“Johnny did an outstanding job as a member of two Xavier basketball teams that won conference championships and participated in consecutive NCAA Tournaments,” said Miller. “I wish him continued success as he pursues other opportunities to continue as a student-athlete.”

Wolf was a good point guard for two seasons at Xavier, especially at the end of his freshman season when he took over as the starting point guard and helped lead XU into the NCAA Tournament. His departure creates a situation where Xavier has to find a reliable backup point guard for next season.

I've heard for a while now that Butler could be interested in Wolf, so that could be a possible destination. I have no knowledge of this, but it wouldn't shock me if Wolf remained at Xavier. The release only means he has permission to seek opportunities at other schools. Nothing that I know of would prevent him from staying at Xavier. I don't think it's likely, but like I said, it wouldn't shock me.

I'll follow with more in tomorrow's Enquirer.

Butler is definately Johnny's type of team. Predominatly an all guard offense, they were making it rain on Florida in the first half. They have a lot of great shooters.

Im as big of a Johnny wolf fan as anyone on here, but lets face it, the guy wasnt getting the job done when he was in the game. He was slow with his shot and his passes. Yeah he had an alley oop to D Brown every once in a while but most of the time he was just trying not to get the ball stolen and never really created anything. I dont know what happened to him because he was s aggressive and creative in high school but it seemed like somehow he lost his aggressiveness at XU. Hopefully he can go somewhere where he can contribute and find his game again, because he can be a very good player

Rumor has it that XU signed the the number one point guard from the high school class of '07. That would put Johnny back another spot. Doesnt sound like to good of a deal...Perhaps thats why he moved on?

Rumor has it that XU signed the the number one point guard from the high school class of '07. That would put Johnny back another spot. Doesnt sound like to good of a deal...Perhaps thats why he moved on?

False. They've signed a very good PG in the 2008 class, Redford but he would be a freshman when Johnny is a senior.