Wk 7: Fort Frye (6-0) vs Lima Central

Let me take a crack at this. Mogadore pulled out a final minutes miracle and Springfield did hold in their red zone twice. That is for sure. But you act as if they housed us. Anyone who watched those games would've said either team coulda shoulda won that game. As for saying they won which automatically means they're better is rather illogical. Any sports fan has gone to games and have said the better team didn't win tonight or the team that played better lost tonight. But again winning is the ultimate stat. Just can't figure if you're just trying to rile kapunk, which is quite easy or are you actually not willing to have a real conversation. Yes coldwater won the state last year but to me Springfield deserved to win. They weren't weaker or wanting it less. Just unlucky that day
I think Fort Frye has an excellent program and this very well could be their year. I do find Kapunk’s take on it all to be endlessly entertaining. I feel that region 23 is weak compared to 21 which can hurt them in the state semifinals.

I think Fort Frye has an excellent program and this very well could be their year. I do find Kapunk’s take on it all to be endlessly entertaining. I feel that region 23 is weak compared to 21 which can hurt them in the state semifinals.
You can argue 23 is better than 21 this season.

Fort Frye
West Jefferson
Northmor

Mogadore isn’t that good they barely beat Meadowbrook.

Totally agree region 23 is very weak. West jefferson made it alot better. I am not emotional like kapunk therefore I am able to have adult type conversations

Thus far West Jefferson has done little to prove they are a top contender in Div VI this year and Northmor has beaten only one team with a winning record. I think the top two teams in Region 23 are Fort Frye & Fairland - they took Ironton to OT which could be considered the most impressive game result of any team in Region 23.

Thus far West Jefferson has done little to prove they are a top contender in Div VI this year and Northmor has beaten only one team with a winning record. I think the top two teams in Region 23 are Fort Frye & Fairland - they took Ironton to OT which could be considered the most impressive game result of any team in Region 23.
Hopefully for fairland's sake they are way better than last year. Ff game last year was not pretty and not competitive

Ff3233 - Yes, Fort Frye took it to Fairland in the playoffs last year but again, that was last year. Ironton was coming off their Stanford type improbable week 2 win vs Jackson so when they faced Fairland in week 3 I would think the Tigers coaches had their attention that week in practice. Impressive game by Fairland, that type of effort/team definitely is a serious contender for Region 23.

Ff3233 - Yes, Fort Frye took it to Fairland in the playoffs last year but again, that was last year. Ironton was coming off their Stanford type improbable week 2 win vs Jackson so when they faced Fairland in week 3 I would think the Tigers coaches had their attention that week in practice. Impressive game by Fairland, that type of effort/team definitely is a serious contender for Region 23.

I’ll remember this when West Jefferson beats Fairland.

If Fort Frye played St Henry again healthy on a Neutral I think they’d win by 2-3 scores. They are improving. Younger kids are getting better and better. Now for this game it will be nice for Cadets to play a pass team. This will get them ready for West Jefferson. Also Springfield isn’t they same team they was last year not even close. D6 overall as whole is down. D7 is better IMO.

Perhaps FF would, but I think SH would redeem themselves as they let one get away they should have won. SH lost that game because of penalties (6-65 yards, 10.8 yds/penalty including 1 TD called back), TO's (3; including a fumble at the 1) and ST play (A FF KO return for a TD, a Blocked punt and SH had 3 punts for an AVG of 4.7 yds/ punt). When your punting average is 4.7/ punt; thats the same as a turnover... Credit to FF on the ST superiority.

As far as moving the football and imposing your will, SH basically doubled FF in the running game as the Redskins rushed for 204 yds on 34 carries for 5.9 ypc while FF was held to 111 yds on 37 carries for 3 ypc.
SH threw for 127 yds to FF 81.
Total yardage SH 331 FF 192.
FF only scored 1 offensive TD that afternoon.

Yes, FF got the win but if any team has more opportunity to improve upon its game performance, I would go with the Skins in the rematch.

You can argue 23 is better than 21 this season.

Fort Frye
West Jefferson
Northmor

Mogadore isn’t that good they barely beat Meadowbrook.
Kapunk the adults are talking now, time to quiet down. We all know your position: FF is the best team in the universe and can't be beat, when they lose they are always the better team but somehow lost, region 23 is the best region in the OHSAA despite what the Harbin points say, this year FF will win it all for sure (and if not they lost to a team that was not as good as them). We don't need to hear from you anymore.

Perhaps FF would, but I think SH would redeem themselves as they let one get away they should have won. SH lost that game because of penalties (6-65 yards, 10.8 yds/penalty including 1 TD called back), TO's (3; including a fumble at the 1) and ST play (A FF KO return for a TD, a Blocked punt and SH had 3 punts for an AVG of 4.7 yds/ punt). When your punting average is 4.7/ punt; thats the same as a turnover... Credit to FF on the ST superiority.

As far as moving the football and imposing your will, SH basically doubled FF in the running game as the Redskins rushed for 204 yds on 34 carries for 5.9 ypc while FF was held to 111 yds on 37 carries for 3 ypc.
SH threw for 127 yds to FF 81.
Total yardage SH 331 FF 192.
FF only scored 1 offensive TD that afternoon.

Yes, FF got the win but if any team has more opportunity to improve upon its game performance, I would go with the Skins in the rematch.

Cadets had guys out for that game lost about 10 dudes to cramps playing JV kids. The team they were week 2 is not the team they are now.

Cadets had guys out for that game lost about 10 dudes to cramps playing JV kids. The team they were week 2 is not the team they are now.
SH was losing players also. Both teams had the same weather. I'm sure SH isn't the same team as well and will watch them this Friday

Kapunk the adults are talking now, time to quiet down. We all know your position: FF is the best team in the universe and can't be beat, when they lose they are always the better team but somehow lost, region 23 is the best region in the OHSAA despite what the Harbin points say, this year FF will win it all for sure (and if not they lost to a team that was not as good as them). We don't need to hear from you anymore.
Lol

Fort Frye, Is the Real Deal. I’m sure if Springfield’s AD called FF AD.
They could set up Home & Home. I’m Pretty sure FF will play anybody
Anywhere. This game this week is another example. Great game for both
Schools. The St. Henry Game this year was a slugfest in 95plus degree
Heat @ 5 pm on the banks of The Muskingum River which makes it feel like
110 Degree’s. St. Henry gave them everything they wanted either team could have won.
Is Fort Frye Beatable Absolutely but whoever does it will need there A+ Game to do it.
FF has brought their Program to a new level. Would love to see this game Friday
FF vs LCC. If it’s as good as FF vs St.H from earlier this year it will be worth the
Money and the Drive to London. Should be a 15Rounder.Good Luck to both Teams.

GridIron God, You read like your an X JJ Huddle Guy.
Your arrogance is bringing back a lot of Funny memories.
Don’t put the JJ Jinx on your Team.

My team is Western Reserve, trust me there is no possible way to jinx them any further. It's been a rough 2 years. I think we are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel but Fort Frye would mop the floor with my Blue Devils right now. I have a lot of respect for Fort Frye, I honestly just laugh at some of the ridiculous things Kapunk posts and I like to jab him because I know he is somewhere at a keyboard wringing his hands, red faced and ready to defend any perceived slight against the Cadets.

A very impressive regular season win streak for Fort Frye. I was impressed early in the season with their win over St. Henry as well. I do tend to agree that LCC is on par with St. Henry, possibly a little better. I'm going with LCC to end the streak in a very competitive game. I'll go with:

Lima Central Catholic 35
Fort Frye 28

A very impressive regular season win streak for Fort Frye. I was impressed early in the season with their win over St. Henry as well. I do tend to agree that LCC is on par with St. Henry, possibly a little better. I'm going with LCC to end the streak in a very competitive game. I'll go with:

Lima Central Catholic 35
Fort Frye 28
I think I could go on par as well but different Team strengths. I dont think LCC is as good as the last couple years with the line they had and Thomas but still a quality team. I would give LCC the nod being more athletic and having more speed... SH would get the size and strength. I would give the nod Offensively to LCC, Defensively SH.

This Game will be won in the trenches. Fort Frye has really Good Lines on both sides of the ball.
I’m going,
Fort Frye 33
Lima CC 21
Hope Game is Streamed if not
Game should be radio broadcast on 100.9 Jaws Country.

This Game will be won in the trenches. Fort Frye has really Good Lines on both sides of the ball.
I’m going,
Fort Frye 33
Lima CC 21
Hope Game is Streamed if not
Game should be radio broadcast on 100.9 Jaws Country.
Where’s the games for London usually streamed?

Edit: not Fort Frye, meant London.

People always forget about that the other teams ALSO get better as the season goes on.....
Heard the same thing about a diff team this weekend.
Not ALWAYS.
Some teams quit, some teams have to many injuries from a brutal schedule, some teams regress instead of improve and some teams just stay static. In other words they peaked early.

With 16 teams in each region making the playoffs, I think some teams and coaching staffs are still in 2019.
16 teams per region have made the regular season not as important.
It’s better to peak as a team late, or rest players ounce the playoffs are achieved to a degree. That degree is up to coaches.
But I win in regular season doesn’t necessarily mean a win in the playoffs vs the same team.

Now the Cadets have a streak to protect but the real goal is to win a State Championship.
Does it do a team any good to get itself destroyed with injuries and win or save it for the playoffs??

All I’m really trying to say is, the regular season might not be what it ounce was, and teams can have losses and still be really good come post season.
It’s a marathon not a sprint.

Not ALWAYS.
Some teams quit, some teams have to many injuries from a brutal schedule, some teams regress instead of improve and some teams just stay static. In other words they peaked early.
True.
But you hear it all the time from fans of teams who lost in week 1 and week 2 that they are much better as if the other team didnt get better.

I will say this tho....there is some credence to that argument for teams who lost A LOT of seniors the year before and are replacing many of their skill players. Even though you have scrimmages, 7/7s, etc, Team A full of first year starters may show MORE improvement from week 1 to week 10 than Team B who has a lot of returning starters.

Then the argument can be did Team A's young starters who improved A LOT overtake Team B with returning starters who improved some.

With 16 teams in each region making the playoffs, I think some teams and coaching staffs are still in 2019.
16 teams per region have made the regular season not as important.
It’s better to peak as a team late, or rest players ounce the playoffs are achieved to a degree. That degree is up to coaches.
But I win in regular season doesn’t necessarily mean a win in the playoffs vs the same team.

Now the Cadets have a streak to protect but the real goal is to win a State Championship.
Does it do a team any good to get itself destroyed with injuries and win or save it for the playoffs??

All I’m really trying to say is, the regular season might not be what it ounce was, and teams can have losses and still be really good come post season.
It’s a marathon not a sprint.
As far as resting guys as you speak......
Let's face it. The good HS teams who do have a legit shot at a title have enough laughers that they can get their starters enough rest when games are out of hand. This isnt the NFL where teams who clinched spots will hold out starters for full games and risk wins just to rest guys. HS teams can routinely rest guys in blowouts so much so some 'worry' their team wont be ready for a 4 qtr battle (which on its face is a legit concern but one that I have found to be unfounded over the years)

Just comparing scores, FF beat SH which is a good win, but SH is also very one deminsional. They are a ground and pound type team that has very little air attack. LCC is much more balanced, and has ton of big play potential. I think FF keeps this game low scoring with their ball control offense, but LCC wins

21-6

I think it will be a 21-19 score.

I think both teams will score. This game could come down to extra points made or missed. Jmho