WK 5: Massillon Jackson (3-1) @ Uniontown Lake (4-0)

Yes this has been one heck of a rivalry between these two schools in basketball and football.

Can Jackson be as physical against a big Lake line as they were against Perry?

Can Geissinger continue to develop? Kid reminds me a lot of a younger Jaret Palotta and he’s only a sophomore!

Jake Ryan is an X-factor here on both sides of the ball. Best athlete in the Fed and he has seemed to fly under the radar a little bit this season.

This may be Lake’s best team to challenge the Bears in quite some time. Should be a great one!

Go Bears!

Jackson has played some really good teams in Mayfield and Perry. They are doing much better than what the pundits said before the season started. Jackson has a big pool of kids to choose from and they are good in the big 3 (football, basketball, baseball) every year. Great school district as well. Good luck to Jackson and Lake.

It seems Lake and Jackson have a lot of similarities as a community. Both have excellent school systems. Both were rural areas that have been developed into "suburb" type of communities. Very nice homes in both places. Jackson started earlier than Lake with the building and seems to be about 20-25 years ahead in terms of transition from farms to housing developments.

I agree with everything said Travis. Good posts. Mack, can you fill me in on what Jackson looks like in the trenches on both sides of the ball?

I agree with everything said Travis. Good posts. Mack, can you fill me in on what Jackson looks like in the trenches on both sides of the ball?
I can fill you in, the trenches (both sides) are where Jackson lost the most - some really big and outstanding linemen....so lots of new faces and not nearly as much size but good overall athleticism. The Center (Roth) and Ackerman (played DE last year but now at OT) are the two returning starters on the O-line. Mostly new faces on D-Line as well. The defense returns 3 of 4 DBs that started last year (Ryan, Kulich, Boggs) and 3 of 4 LBs (Schott, Dennis, Baumel).

I can fill you in, the trenches (both sides) are where Jackson lost the most - some really big and outstanding linemen....so lots of new faces and not nearly as much size but good overall athleticism. The Center (Roth) and Ackerman (played DE last year but now at OT) are the two returning starters on the O-line. Mostly new faces on D-Line as well. The defense returns 3 of 4 DBs that started last year (Ryan, Kulich, Boggs) and 3 of 4 LBs (Schott, Dennis, Baumel).
Great feedback. I'm really interested to see how this game plays out.

Won't Ackerman be sitting out the Lake game for being ejected last week?

Gotcha, thank you! When you return almost you’re entire secondary and linebacking core that usually makes for a good defense. Surprised many (including myself) were sleeping on the Polar Bears this year. Sounds like it is going to be one heck of a game.

Yes this has been one heck of a rivalry between these two schools in basketball and football.

Can Jackson be as physical against a big Lake line as they were against Perry?

Can Geissinger continue to develop? Kid reminds me a lot of a younger Jaret Palotta and he’s only a sophomore!

Jake Ryan is an X-factor here on both sides of the ball. Best athlete in the Fed and he has seemed to fly under the radar a little bit this season.

This may be Lake’s best team to challenge the Bears in quite some time. Should be a great one!

Go Bears!
Easy there Hayden. Don’t you dare call this a big rivalry. CCrunner will be on your case and clarify that Hoover and Jackson is the supreme and only rivalry in the Fed! LOL.

Gotcha, thank you! When you return almost you’re entire secondary and linebacking core that usually makes for a good defense. Surprised many (including myself) were sleeping on the Polar Bears this year. Sounds like it is going to be one heck of a game.
I agree, but I'll reserve judgement until after Friday night's game. With all due respect, East was not nearly as good as last year, Boardman was not good at all and very young, Perry is 1-dimensional and not there just yet and Mayfield is much better than people in Stark County know but handled Jax.

Despite having a new QB, the WRs all returned (all the DBs noted above) along with Adkins at RB. So yes, lots of potential on the edges but lots of question marks in the trenches though they've performed pretty well for the most part so far. Good Luck!

Surprised this is already the Homecoming game for Lake. Seems really early this season. Hope the Streaks are focused on football and not their homecoming dates and the dance. LOL

Surprised this is already the Homecoming game for Lake. Seems really early this season. Hope the Streaks are focused on football and not their homecoming dates and the dance. LOL

3rd home game of the season....Hoover to be Senior Band Night.....Perry to be Senior night for fall athletes and the home season is done. The season starts out where you travel to Stow, then Ashland, then Brush, and you finally get to be at Lake...seems like the Season started then for a timeline....This is week 5 and it has been fast getting here...lol

3rd home game of the season....Hoover to be Senior Band Night.....Perry to be Senior night for fall athletes and the home season is done. The season starts out where you travel to Stow, then Ashland, then Brush, and you finally get to be at Lake...seems like the Season started then for a timeline....This is week 5 and it has been fast getting here...lol
For Jackson it's the first time on the road. The 1st four games were all at home.

Oh man, I think I may be venturing into Mennonite World this Friday night to see my first ball game of the year. Supposed to be a nice night, the moms should be sporting some less-than-covering outfits, and the Hope will be prowling the concession trucks. Not certain who to take in this matchup though. I believe Lake is a solid team from all I have heard about, but I know that Jackson has played the better competition thus far. I think Lake will have a nice night defensively, it will come down to if Lake can get their RB the seams he needs to do his work. The football Gods have me going back and forth, not like a bi-sexual or anything, Sliver knows where he stands on THAT matter, but I can see one situation where Lake wins it going away, then I look at it while standing on my left leg with my left arm extended out in front of me, and I see Jackson kicking a FG from 41 yards out as the clock runs out. Alright, alright, ALRIGHT! When all else fails, I gotta go with what never lets me down.......... good 'ol Busch Light! In bottles!!

(Guzzle....guzzle...guzzle... BURP!!!!! ) Alright, now I have to just spin the bottle...if the mouth faces me, it is Jackson, if it ends up any other way, gotta go with the home team........slowing down.......ahhhh! There it is.... Well, I just popped the lid off another one, but it looks like it is Lake! Lake wins 28-20 and get a defensive score.....and so does the Sliver!!!! I HOPE!

Sliver, you have some issues.

I think this game will come down to whether Lake’s defensive players on the edges can keep contain. Jackson killed them last year with sweeps. If the Streaks can shut down the Bears’ outside run game then they will win.

I think this game will come down to whether Lake’s defensive players on the edges can keep contain. Jackson killed them last year with sweeps. If the Streaks can shut down the Bears’ outside run game then they will win.

Last year a blocked punt that went straight down into the turf and bounced straight up, stayed behind the line of scrimmage...then the punter/quarterback made a play and took off for a 30 yd run to get a first down killed Lake...played catch up after that.

He’s without a doubt my favorite poster on here LOL.

Follow the Lake Blue Streaks tonight vs. Jackson Polar Bears - http://statb.us/b/268972 and on Twitter via @StreaksFootball #RockEm

For the most part you guys have been so civil and polite that I expect to see you all tailgating this evening sipping tea with your pinkies out.
Wasn't like this in the old days.

Last edited:
For the most part you guys have been so civil and polite the I expect to see you all tailgating this evening sipping tea with your pinkies out.
Wasn't like this in the old days.
That's funny. The older I get the more I believe respecting your opponent. You definitely want to win and compete, but how we treat other people is how we treat ourselves. Hope everyone enjoys the game with their family and friends.

Thanks Gooch. How was the concert last week? You missed the TD run of the decade Friday night vs. Louisville!
Good times at concert, thanks. Loved the running efforts by DO, VG and SMJ!! Thanks to social media, I got to see all of them Friday night :)

Rooting for that pic6 or scoop and score you mentioned!!!

That's funny. The older I get the more I believe respecting your opponent. You definitely want to win and compete, but how we treat other people is how we treat ourselves. Hope everyone enjoys the game with their family and friends.
I agree. Respect and humility set the tone for civility. Hopefully, both teams play to their potential. Should be a nice night.

I agree. Respect and humility set the tone for civility. Hopefully, both teams play to their potential. Should be a nice night.
I also agree that respect, humility and civility are best but some guys just set themselves up for a poke in the ribs.
It's easy to recognize those who have short fuses and when I am bored, sometimes it's fun to see if they will pick up the matches put in front of them.
Oh..... Ya.... Does anyone have anything new to say about the game tonight?