WK 3 : Centerville vs. Dunbar

Who wins?

• Total voters
Regardless of the current state of Centerville football, the Elks win this game big. Expect it to get ugly early.

I expect a lot of “Centerville has really turned things around” comments over the next few weeks. Well yeah, because they’re playing cupcakes. Nothing wrong with playing weak opponents but I have a feeling a lot of Centerville fans will be overly confident going into the Wayne game.

Last edited:
I watched the Milford vs Dunbar game last week since my kids attend Milford. Dunbar will light up Centerville's secondary. Dunbar wins 28-14.

Dunbar scoops up an Elks fumble and returns it 65-yards for a score. Elks 7, Dunbar 6 8:41 left in first half. @GWOC

C-Ville already had a dropped touchdown pass followed by a missed field goal. Kind of sounds like they could be up by 3 scores but keep shooting themselves in the foot

:unsure::oops:

Final

Centerville 35
Dunbar 6

With Miamisburg and Beavercreek up next Centerville should go into the Wayne game with a 3-2 record

A win is a win. The Elks are still making too many mistakes - fumbles, bad snaps, missed tackles, wrong assignments. They have got to figure out how to play well in the 1st half and not just the 2nd half.

A win is a win. The Elks are still making too many mistakes - fumbles, bad snaps, missed tackles, wrong assignments. They have got to figure out how to play well in the 1st half and not just the 2nd half.
Keep in mind Bob Gregg was 3-7 and 4-6 during his first 2 seasons until the kids bought into his system.

No...The system was "outworking your opponents" and flipping off the switch that said that losing was OK. The X's & O's of what offense/defense to run were secondary...

Keep in mind Bob Gregg was 3-7 and 4-6 during his first 2 seasons until the kids bought into his system.
I understand, but I don't see 2-8 last year and 1-2 this year as a "system" issue. Last year, I didn't see any big adjustments until week 6. It is now 3 games in a row and the Elks have played poorly in the first half of each game. 14-6 at half vs. Dunbar - are you kidding? Offense is too predictable - run, run, pass and 80% run on 1st down.

Since this subject came up about winning "systems," another couple of Bob Gregg system components were to... Accentuate the positives (praise the player for doing it right when he does so), dress em down when necessary, but always build them back up. And my favorite..."Prepare like a winner and expect to win." I know these are all coaching euphanisms, but that WAS the culture he instilled...hence "the system."

Since this subject came up about winning "systems," another couple of Bob Gregg system components were to... Accentuate the positives (praise the player for doing it right when he does so), dress em down when necessary, but always build them back up. And my favorite..."Prepare like a winner and expect to win." I know these are all coaching euphanisms, but that WAS the culture he instilled...hence "the system."
I agree with you here. I would also add that I would like to see the Elks get back to a killer instinct and blow teams out if possible. We are too nice!

Agreed. Part of the "praising" of doing things right...included "aggression, imposing your "physical will" and sometimes just "playing mean." And those attributes were rewarded, no doubt.
Football, as much as anything else, is 3 seconds of controlled violence about 30 times per game.