Wk 2: St Henry (1-0)@ Fort Frye (1-0)

If you want to address something, ask why your best runner didn't get the ball on the 4th q goal line play when half of our defense was made up of jv players. Just be happy you played ff in the first 4 games of the season and not the last 4. Cramping has been an on-going issue for years for some reason and reared it's ugly head in this game. I saw numbers on the field that are usually playing saturday or Monday during jv. So maybe you should try and figure out how your best player didn't get the ball vs a mixture of starters and jv that last series. Like i said before, I'm sure next year officials will be flawless.
cramping comes from two things, players didn't probably hydrate themselves over the days leading up to the game... can't do it a couple of hours before the game.... and simply they are out of shape....

I hope the game was pretty even on officiating. I’ve seen my share of games like that. It’s the ugliest thing about Hs football.

Sounds like it was a good game.
Would have been a great game to see streamed. Did HSFS stream this game?

Any final statistics?
Well, the first 2 drives, St. Henry was "flawless" apparently and ran the Cadets over for 2 TD's and was well on their way to a 3rd and the looks of a blowout... when the zebras started getting involved. The Cadets received their 1st penalty in the 3Q and the referees were appropriately given a standing ovation by the Skins fans...

Ive seen a number of HS games in various parts of the state and that was the worst 1st half Ive ever witnessed. That crew shouldnt be working anything above jr. high.... Any reasonable and objective person could easily see that some major BS was going on in that 1st half... AD's and coaches talk.... If you want teams to go through the hardship and make their way down to SE ohio to play mostly for their benefit, they need to know they will be given a fair shake. Otherwise, dont bother to go and just wait to play them in a neutral setting if the opportunity presents itself... I felt like I was watching something that was approaching "criminal" in that 1st half... lol

cramping comes from two things, players didn't probably hydrate themselves over the days leading up to the game... can't do it a couple of hours before the game.... and simply they are out of shape....
Or 3, some are more inclined to get cramps. We've had certain players cramping each game during the heat. Do you actually think they're not being made/asked to carry around gallon jugs of water to hydrate days before games? Or that we just stand around during practice? The heat along the river for some 2 way players is too much. I personally along with the staff can't figure out why they keep cramping. Is what it is

Well, the first 2 drives, St. Henry was "flawless" apparently and ran the Cadets over for 2 TD's and was well on their way to a 3rd and the looks of a blowout... when the zebras started getting involved. The Cadets received their 1st penalty in the 3Q and the referees were appropriately given a standing ovation by the Skins fans...

Ive seen a number of HS games in various parts of the state and that was the worst 1st half Ive ever witnessed. That crew shouldnt be working anything above jr. high.... Any reasonable and objective person could easily see that some major BS was going on in that 1st half... AD's and coaches talk.... If you want teams to go through the hardship and make their way down to SE ohio to play mostly for their benefit, they need to know they will be given a fair shake. Otherwise, dont bother to go and just wait to play them in a neutral setting if the opportunity presents itself... I felt like I was watching something that was approaching "criminal" in that 1st half... lol
So you still are talking about that td being called back. You realize that is a penalty don't you? Your coach said as much in his interview with press pros. Give some specific examples of these egregious errors please. Ff has gone many games home and away without getting more than 1 penalty, that's called good coaching. Again, please give specific situations to be discussed. Because the one you keep whining about is a penalty as stated by your coach. We are coming there next year, if we turn the ball over 5 times and miss 2xp I'm sure we will blame the refs also :)

Or 3, some are more inclined to get cramps. We've had certain players cramping each game during the heat. Do you actually think they're not being made/asked to carry around gallon jugs of water to hydrate days before games? Or that we just stand around during practice? The heat along the river for some 2 way players is too much. I personally along with the staff can't figure out why they keep cramping. Is what it is
have you tried pickle juice......but it has to be a lack of pottassium , water or out of shape....

Got this from the dad of the kid who initially hit the RB in the backfield. A little fuzzy but you can see that the ball is loose with no hands in contact with it and the knee/leg still off the ground if you zoom in and slow it down. Fumble or no?
Come on St Henry was holding bad all night they could of had another 100 yards in penalties. Like I said did ref fumble the ball on the 1??? Also I’ll admit the first fumble wasn’t a fumble that was a bad call.

IMG_007155 (2).PNG

Tough for the visiting Redskins to play a great team in Fort Frye, and also battle very suspect officiating. Still should have won at the end. Very odd to hear of some of the things that went on before and during that game from the guys in stripes.

So you still are talking about that td being called back. You realize that is a penalty don't you? Your coach said as much in his interview with press pros. Give some specific examples of these egregious errors please. Ff has gone many games home and away without getting more than 1 penalty, that's called good coaching. Again, please give specific situations to be discussed. Because the one you keep whining about is a penalty as stated by your coach. We are coming there next year, if we turn the ball over 5 times and miss 2xp I'm sure we will blame the refs also :)
1. Not my coach nor is SH my team. I came to watch a good match up.
2. I take it you are not familiar with coach interviews... Most of the conversation is off the record and all comments are not given in print. No coach wants his image or the teams to be negative so they take the high road. His "displeasure" during the game showed his true thoughts.
3. I don't need to win your approval to justify my impression of the game. I trust my own thoughts and experience. If you don't share the same view, I don't care. I was replying to another poster that you weren't involved in. Don't like my thoughts, you can skip over them. Don't be so insecure about your team.
4. Yes, Im familiar with the rules. Maybe look into how this helmet came off...
5. A couple of those turnovers were part of the bad calls but I agree, SH should have won that game if they hold onto the ball.
Lastly, If you want teams like SH to come and play FF then you should be concerned that the opposing team doesn't feel they were cornholed. Im not talking a bad call here and there. Im talking intentional or gross incompetence and honestly Im not sure which I lean more towards after watching that game. Probably both... All I know is I felt like I needed to file a police report at half time from what I was seeing and if I felt that way, SH felt that way. You need to look at the game from their coaches and AD's viewpoint, because that's the only ones that matters. SH is a well respected program and other programs will seek out their experience before scheduling with FF. They will ask about the facilities, game environment, safety and does this game bring value because there are a lot of drawbacks with traveling, playing on a Saturday during the hot time of day, 1 day less of preparation for conference play next week..etc and With the expansion of the playoffs, scheduling valuable games should be easier for the MAC...
I liked FF defensive pursuit and I think they have very good play at the QB position in that system. I haven't seen west Jefferson this year but I did last year in the playoffs and I would def. give FF the edge there. Good luck.

Starting a game at 5 pm on a hot and very humid late August day wasn’t very smart.
I know it was for travel time, but maybe play this game at a neutral site in Columbus would be better.
Seems every year hs football season starts earlier.
When I played we was just finishing up double sessions around now.
Sept 1-6 was 1st week of Hs football. And game start was at 7:30 with it moving to 7 later in the year. Hmm. Wonder why?
Expanded playoffs has pushed the back.
But 5 pm is literally the hottest time of the day to play a football game in August, in a River valley to boot.
If your playing kids both ways vs a 2 platoon team that usually means bad things come 4 quarter.
I’ve never heard of a Division 6-7 team with enough talent and kids to 2 platoon with success.
It was a D1 or D2 big time football deal.
The MAC continues to be a small school anomaly in maybe the country not just Ohio.
I challenge anyone to find a league that compares.
Football has definitely brought out the best in them communities in rural northwest Ohio. They are the standard every small school team or league is chasing.

1. Not my coach nor is SH my team. I came to watch a good match up.
2. I take it you are not familiar with coach interviews... Most of the conversation is off the record and all comments are not given in print. No coach wants his image or the teams to be negative so they take the high road. His "displeasure" during the game showed his true thoughts.
3. I don't need to win your approval to justify my impression of the game. I trust my own thoughts and experience. If you don't share the same view, I don't care. I was replying to another poster that you weren't involved in. Don't like my thoughts, you can skip over them. Don't be so insecure about your team.
4. Yes, Im familiar with the rules. Maybe look into how this helmet came off...
5. A couple of those turnovers were part of the bad calls but I agree, SH should have won that game if they hold onto the ball.
Lastly, If you want teams like SH to come and play FF then you should be concerned that the opposing team doesn't feel they were cornholed. Im not talking a bad call here and there. Im talking intentional or gross incompetence and honestly Im not sure which I lean more towards after watching that game. Probably both... All I know is I felt like I needed to file a police report at half time from what I was seeing and if I felt that way, SH felt that way. You need to look at the game from their coaches and AD's viewpoint, because that's the only ones that matters. SH is a well respected program and other programs will seek out their experience before scheduling with FF. They will ask about the facilities, game environment, safety and does this game bring value because there are a lot of drawbacks with traveling, playing on a Saturday during the hot time of day, 1 day less of preparation for conference play next week..etc and With the expansion of the playoffs, scheduling valuable games should be easier for the MAC...
I liked FF defensive pursuit and I think they have very good play at the QB position in that system. I haven't seen west Jefferson this year but I did last year in the playoffs and I would def. give FF the edge there. Good luck.
Watch the game film. It will solve all your questions. Not insecure at all, we have the better team and program than st henry at this time in history. People rant about officiating all the time, yet can't/won't give specifics. It's my fault for not ignoring that type of drivel. Like i said, I'm sure next year we will see flawless officiating at st henry. Should've known that mac school can only lose to another mac school unless refs have something to do about it. Watching the film solves that riddle. Good luck the rest of the way

28 was down on his first fumble I already said that. Other than that these bad calls you say you’re looking for I can’t find. Like I’ve already said St Henry was holding on every sweep or run play all night. They are lucky they didn’t get more penalties.

Watch the game film. It will solve all your questions. Not insecure at all, we have the better team and program than st henry at this time in history. People rant about officiating all the time, yet can't/won't give specifics. It's my fault for not ignoring that type of drivel. Like i said, I'm sure next year we will see flawless officiating at st henry. Should've known that mac school can only lose to another mac school unless refs have something to do about it. Watching the film solves that riddle. Good luck the rest of the way
I wasn’t at the game and I was reading on another forum site from southeast Ohio about the game and they said it was a fist fight of a game. Great battle by both squads fighting their guys out. However a couple posters from that area even said that there was some questionable calls. I understand it’s part of the game and you can call holding on almost every play in high school football. You had a good win for your program and I’m sure it will help St. Henry down the road as well. Now let’s get ready for week 3. Good luck the rest of the season.

what went on BE
Tough for the visiting Redskins to play a great team in Fort Frye, and also battle very suspect officiating. Still should have won at the end. Very odd to hear of some of the things that went on before and during that game from the guys in stripes.
what went on BEFORE the game?

Fort was playing without its starting Wr and CB. Threw in a freshman at Wr and multiple JV players filled in on defense just to get some fresh bodies in. It was so hot.

What is long term ? Maybe SH did cancel the FF game to fix any future scheduling issues kind of doubt that but maybe so.
Thought I was told 4 or 6 years. I know it was more than the typical 2 year that I always hear about.

I dont know whom initiated it, but considering SH already has, reportedly from my sources, a deal already they were the ones who chickened out.

but I could be wrong

Thought I was told 4 or 6 years. I know it was more than the typical 2 year that I always hear about.

I dont know whom initiated it, but considering SH already has, reportedly from my sources, a deal already they were the ones who chickened out.

but I could be wrong
What ? Wrong twice in one year ? Can't be, I have to apologize to FF thinking they were the one that cancelled the return trip.

I see SH/Achbold from 2022/23 through 2025/26.\

So, a 4 year deal, starting in SH.

I am....thavoice.

I see SH/Achbold from 2022/23 through 2025/26.\

So, a 4 year deal, starting in SH.

I am....thavoice.
I heard that over the weekend also. Had to look up the distance because I was curious...that is a 2 hour trip by bus from Archbold to St. Henry and than 2 hours back home. Ouch!

I heard that over the weekend also. Had to look up the distance because I was curious...that is a 2 hour trip by bus from Archbold to St. Henry and than 2 hours back home. Ouch!
nothing better then a road trip...... good for BOTH teams for scheduling this..