WK 12: 4. Trimble (11-0) vs 1. Springfield (11-0)

Is the Brungard QB for Springfield the son of the Brungard that QB’d Youngstown State to two National Champioships under Tressel? Some good bloodlines there.

Yes...and Mark is the OC and has been since he left Poland.

This is his 3rd son and is an exceptional athlete

Springfield Local will find out what kind of team they are this week. If they can mix up their speed with Walker on the outside along with their running game mixing in some QB runs with Brungard, SL will be hard to beat. Brungard is a very good OC and has very good experience but don't sleep on their defense or special teams. I like SL in this one.

Well know one has told the Trimble players they can't win so i'm sure they will show up and play 4 quarters.We will wait and see what the score is at the end of the game before we call Springfield the winners if thats is ok.

GO GATS !!!!

Interesting thread...
Springfield is the real deal, beat my Blue Devils twice this year, made us look quite bad, both times, and we weren't that bad (weren't that good either).
Trimble will come ready to play! My Blue Devils faced them in 2013, we were favored, had a huge offensive line, all I remember is the quicker smaller defensive lineman shooting gaps all night, making plays everywhere, and weren't the slightest bit intimidated by our size. Basically Trimble kicked our butts all over the field that night, ended up being a great game in the end, but Trimble was the better team and played like it.

I don't believe for a second Springfield is taking Trimble lightly or vise versa! This should be a great game! I just hope Springfield takes care of business and moves on.

Interesting thread...
Springfield is the real deal, beat my Blue Devils twice this year, made us look quite bad, both times, and we weren't that bad (weren't that good either).
Trimble will come ready to play! My Blue Devils faced them in 2013, we were favored, had a huge offensive line, all I remember is the quicker smaller defensive lineman shooting gaps all night, making plays everywhere, and weren't the slightest bit intimidated by our size. Basically Trimble kicked our butts all over the field that night, ended up being a great game in the end, but Trimble was the better team and played like it.

I don't believe for a second Springfield is taking Trimble lightly or vise versa! This should be a great game! I just hope Springfield takes care of business and moves on.

I thought BCWR would make the finals that year. I didn't think they had any chance of beating Marion Local in the final but I thought they would make it to the final. Trimble had other ideas and beat the Blue Devils by 4 in the semi before losing 33-0 to MSML.

Trimble has a built a very solid small school program in the last several years. The Tigers will have to bring their A game to beat the Tomcats but if they do I think they will move on to the regional final. At least I hope they do. We shall see.

Good luck to both teams.

Interesting thread...

I was there for that game. I think that was the night Hake put his foot in his mouth saying something about the Trimble players.:LOL:

Regardless, your right, I really thought your Devils were heading to the state championship game that year. Kudos to Trimble for coming out and really taking the game to the Devils. No doubt they are going to play tough this Friday. But all in all, this not the same Trimble team and Springfield is not Western Reserve from 2013. Having seen Springfield a couple times this year, I've been very impressed by them, especially their defense. I'll be curious to see how Trimble's offense attacks Springfield's defense.

I was there for that game. I think that was the night Hake put his foot in his mouth saying something about the Trimble players.:LOL:

Regardless, your right, I really thought your Devils were heading to the state championship game that year. Kudos to Trimble for coming out and really taking the game to the Devils. No doubt they are going to play tough this Friday. But all in all, this not the same Trimble team and Springfield is not Western Reserve from 2013. Having seen Springfield a couple times this year, I've been very impressed by them, especially their defense. I'll be curious to see how Trimble's offense attacks Springfield's defense.
Trimbles is a power run team, they'll try that for a while and adjust if it's not working

The "Muppet" Game, yeah, sometimes Andy just needs to shut up!

Just too far for me to travel for the game tomorrow, but should be a dandy!

I'm going to say Springfield jumps out to a 21-0 lead, Trimble will tie it at the end of the 3rd 21-21, then take the lead 24-21 with 8 minutes to go, but Springfield will score with 2:30 left to go up 28-24. Trimble will drive to the Springfield 20 with :18 seconds left and throw a pick 6 for a Springfield 35-24 Final!

I'm going to say Springfield jumps out to a 21-0 lead, Trimble will tie it at the end of the 3rd 21-21, then take the lead 24-21 with 8 minutes to go, but Springfield will score with 2:30 left to go up 28-24. Trimble will drive to the Springfield 20 with :18 seconds left and throw a pick 6 for a Springfield 35-24 Final!
Sounds like that could very well be what happens but i dont think if the tomcats get down 21 they will come back from that.