WK 12: 4. Trimble (11-0) vs 1. Springfield (11-0)

Trimble has been here before, they won't be scared, and the moment definitely won't be too big for them. Springfield may be favored by 7-10 points but I can assure you the Cats will not back down

If Springfield feels they are 2 touchdowns better I expect a tight ball game.
Springfield will have to be 21 pts better than Trimble to come out with a small victory imo.

If Springfield feels they are 2 touchdowns better I expect a tight ball game.
Springfield will have to be 21 pts better than Trimble to come out with a small victory imo.
I think the difference here is that Springfield is much better than anyone that Trimble has played this year and much better than anyone they beat last year making the run to the D7 title game. Springfield played South Range this year who is just as good if not better than Trimble and came out of that game with a victory. All of the objective data available says that Springfield is the favorite and should win this game by a few scores. Does that mean it will definetly happen, of course not. Out of the 4 possible outcomes (NMS wins by 1-13, NMS wins by 14 plus, Trimble wins by 1-13, or Trimble wins by 14 plus), I only feel that three of these outcomes are feasible. NMS can beat Trimble by 14 plus or win a close game. Trimble can win a close game, but there is no way they beat NMS by 14 plus. The only way Trimble wins is in a low scoring, grind it out game. NMS can win a shootout or grind it out type game. If Trimble only put 24 on Southern, I just don’t see Trimble being able to score enough on NMS to keep up. Merely my opinion, but I think it’s valid.

I think the difference here is that Springfield is much better than anyone that Trimble has played this year and much better than anyone they beat last year making the run to the D7 title game. Springfield played South Range this year who is just as good if not better than Trimble and came out of that game with a victory. All of the objective data available says that Springfield is the favorite and should win this game by a few scores. Does that mean it will definetly happen, of course not. Out of the 4 possible outcomes (NMS wins by 1-13, NMS wins by 14 plus, Trimble wins by 1-13, or Trimble wins by 14 plus), I only feel that three of these outcomes are feasible. NMS can beat Trimble by 14 plus or win a close game. Trimble can win a close game, but there is no way they beat NMS by 14 plus. The only way Trimble wins is in a low scoring, grind it out game. NMS can win a shootout or grind it out type game. If Trimble only put 24 on Southern, I just don’t see Trimble being able to score enough on NMS to keep up. Merely my opinion, but I think it’s valid.
I agree Springfield has the more impressive wins.
But it’s hard to judge things just on that.

In my opinion it will come down to at this stage in season. Everybody is having magical seasons. Springfield was 1 pt from making playoffs last year.
Springfield shouldn’t underestimate this team. They play very passionate brand of football and are the big dogs on the block down in southeast Ohio.

Which team is healthiest?

Which team is in better physical condition in the 4 th Q? (Strength & Conditioning Program)

We already know Springfield has played the tougher schedule (Battle Tested)

Playoff experience, coaches and players... favors Trimble.

Which team wins the enthusiasm and physical side of game?

Who has better team speed?

How does NMS Skill players match up with Trimbles? (Mis-Matches)

Who wins the line of scrimmage?

Who keeps their heads and doesn’t cost their team penalties ( discipline).

Which coach makes best adjustments??

Win and advance , lose and go home.
The worst thing Springfield can do is underestimate this Trimble team. They are proud and will play very hard.
If Springfield has this attitude, I like them in a 10-13 pts victory.
If they come out thinking Trimble is some team that benefits from a easy conference and region and don’t belong on the field or playoffs Trimble will ROCK THEM.
The one variable is penalties. Let’s hope for a great job by the refs and let the kids play the game and decide it.

Last edited:
I agree Springfield has the more impressive wins.
But it’s hard to judge things just on that.

In my opinion it will come down to at this stage in season. Everybody is having magical seasons. Springfield was 1 pt from making playoffs last year.
Springfield shouldn’t underestimate this team. They play very passionate brand of football and are the big dogs on the block down in southeast Ohio.

Which team is healthiest?

Which team is in better physical condition in the 4 th Q? (Strength & Conditioning Program)

We already know Springfield has played the tougher schedule (Battle Tested)

Playoff experience, coaches and players... favors Trimble.

Which team wins the enthusiasm and physical side of game?

Who has better team speed?

How does NMS Skill players match up with Trimbles? (Mis-Matches)

Who wins the line of scrimmage?

Who keeps their heads and doesn’t cost their team penalties ( discipline).

Which coach makes best adjustments??

Win and advance , lose and go home.
The worst thing Springfield can do is underestimate this Trimble team. They are proud and will play very hard.
If Springfield has this attitude, I like them in a 10-13 pts victory.
If they come out thinking Trimble is some team that benefits from a easy conference and region and don’t belong on the field or playoffs Trimble will ROCK THEM.
The one variable is penalties. Let’s hope for a great job by the refs and let the kids play the game and decide it.
Excellent post. Trimble plays the game hard and with passion, not always the biggest, fastest, or strongest but they just love the game of football and give there all

Is the Brungard QB for Springfield the son of the Brungard that QB’d Youngstown State to two National Champioships under Tressel? Some good bloodlines there.

There’s definitely no way Springfield is going to underestimate an 11-0 team that was a state runner-up last year. Trimble may win, but not cause Springfield overlooked them.

Sounds good.
I see Springfield runs a spread. Good QB in Bruangard (sp) nice receivers and line.

Not much info out there: Any teams info?

I have no dog in the fight but have followed high school football since a young teen in the early 80’s following all the regions every year. And these 2 games are just outstanding match ups!!!

***What’s the teams size comparisons?
*** Who feels team speed is there strong suit?
*** How are the RBs for both teams?
etc...

I happen to live in a area where it’s on the border of these northern Youngstown area teams and these Southeast teams. One region more Suburban, the other more Rural.

Wish I could see both this game and other Fort Frye vs Mogodore!!!

I think Springfield vs Fort Frye and Trimble vs Mogodore would have been awesome match ups, and even more entertaining from a fan base and culture clash.

I’ve always respected Springfield’s program and the South Range program also.
What’s great is these teams wouldn’t normally meet like this, so it’s like a double State Semi final between north and south Ohio regions.
Marietta/Athens vs Akron/Youngstown area teams.
4 Proud teams, communities reprinting there towns and kids and cultures. Who’s will win out this year? Can’t wait.

While I have no dog in fight in these games , I will be pulling for Springfield who has had some great teams never make the playoffs (last years) and are stuck in a very difficult and competitive northeast region, imho.
Would love to see them put it together and run the tables.
I also would love to see Fort Frye take that next step and get rewarded with a chance to play for a State Title.
Either way it’s no sweat off my back. Just good small school football is beautiful.
Whoever wins these 2 games it only will get even better in the regional Championship. Peace.

Is the Brungard QB for Springfield the son of the Brungard that QB’d Youngstown State to two National Champioships under Tressel? Some good bloodlines there.

Yes. His older brother started the last 3 years, he was a pocket passer. Current Brungard is a great runner and passer. Also the middle son starts on the line. But Springfield is a lot more than him, great line play and multiple good skill guys

Sounds good.
I see Springfield runs a spread. Good QB in Bruangard (sp) nice receivers and line.

Not much info out there: Any teams info?

I have no dog in the fight but have followed high school football since a young teen in the early 80’s following all the regions every year. And these 2 games are just outstanding match ups!!!

***What’s the teams size comparisons?
*** Who feels team speed is there strong suit?
*** How are the RBs for both teams?
etc...

I happen to live in a area where it’s on the border of these northern Youngstown area teams and these Southeast teams. One region more Suburban, the other more Rural.

Wish I could see both this game and other Fort Frye vs Mogodore!!!

I think Springfield vs Fort Frye and Trimble vs Mogodore would have been awesome match ups, and even more entertaining from a fan base and culture clash.

I’ve always respected Springfield’s program and the South Range program also.
What’s great is these teams wouldn’t normally meet like this, so it’s like a double State Semi final between north and south Ohio regions.
Marietta/Athens vs Akron/Youngstown area teams.
4 Proud teams, communities reprinting there towns and kids and cultures. Who’s will win out this year? Can’t wait.

While I have no dog in fight in these games , I will be pulling for Springfield who has had some great teams never make the playoffs (last years) and are stuck in a very difficult and competitive northeast region, imho.
Would love to see them put it together and run the tables.
I also would love to see Fort Frye take that next step and get rewarded with a chance to play for a State Title.
Either way it’s no sweat off my back. Just good small school football is beautiful.
Whoever wins these 2 games it only will get even better in the regional Championship. Peace.

Everyone at this point is good. Trimble will always hit hard and give it 100%. Trimble doesn’t care if it’s Akron Hoban, they will make you earn it. Trimble is always very athletic and usually has the smaller line in every game.

Trimble
10 straight seasons to the playoffs
*8 straight seasons with at least 1 playoff win
*In the last 100 football games played (including playoffs), Trimble is 85-15
*Playoffs alone in that same stretch we are 16-7
*2 time state runner up
*3 regional titles
*3 undefeated seasons
*1 9-1
*44 shutouts
*Outscored opponents 3,847 to 974

7F260EB0-A183-4D6B-BEF1-89C00F89DDF8.jpeg

This photo is awesome. Salineville didn't appreciate the entrance so much, but minus the flames, it's been the same entrance for 7 years

Everyone at this point is good. Trimble will always hit hard and give it 100%. Trimble doesn’t care if it’s Akron Hoban, they will make you earn it. Trimble is always very athletic and usually has the smaller line in every game.

Trimble
10 straight seasons to the playoffs
*8 straight seasons with at least 1 playoff win
*In the last 100 football games played (including playoffs), Trimble is 85-15
*Playoffs alone in that same stretch we are 16-7
*2 time state runner up
*3 regional titles
*3 undefeated seasons
*1 9-1
*44 shutouts
*Outscored opponents 3,847 to 974

View attachment 4632
That is a very impressive resume. Trimble is obviously a very proud community and that is to be admired. But as you might have already realized the Division 6 playoffs and Division 7 playoffs are quite different. NMS and is not Southern. NMS is battle tested and hungry. They will not be intimidated by an intro. They will respect you, but not fear you. NMS is bigger with better athletes. Trimble may get humbled on Friday.

That is a very impressive resume. Trimble is obviously a very proud community and that is to be admired. But as you might have already realized the Division 6 playoffs and Division 7 playoffs are quite different. NMS and is not Southern. NMS is battle tested and hungry. They will not be intimidated by an intro. They will respect you, but not fear you. NMS is bigger with better athletes. Trimble may get humbled on Friday.
Wouldn't say Trimble will get humbled, we know we're the underdog, but we're still gonna show up and do our best and see what happens

I agree with most of that but one thing you are wrong about. Trimble will be the toughest team they have faced this year also.So i guess we will have to see who handles it better .Im going with Trimble on that part they have faced this situation every year and did pretty well with it.

Im sure they are never said they wasnt I just said i think Trimble will be the toughest team springfield has seen all year and I will stand behind that opinion until i see differently.