WK 12: 4. Trimble (11-0) vs 1. Springfield (11-0)

As a Trimble fan this matchup is not the one i wanted lol.Trimble will have to play there best game of the year. Trimble always gets better through the play offs but this will be a tall task for sure.

As a Trimble fan this matchup is not the one i wanted lol.Trimble will have to play there best game of the year. Trimble always gets better through the play offs but this will be a tall task for sure.
Springfield is outstanding. You will have to play your best game of the year.

Springfield should be ok depending on how many mistakes they make in key situations and the refs let the kids play the game.

I’m guessing this will be played in New Philadelphia or Meadowbrook

Depending on who put the bids in ..
I would say Harrison Central’s New Stadium would be a central location. But maybe not as easy to get there as St. Clairsville or Zanesville which each one of them is going to be a longer drive for one team.
So Meadowbrook or Cambridge would be my guess.
With Trimble though you will probably be heading to Zanesville. They seem to have some pull with OHSAA.

Depending on who put the bids in ..
I would say Harrison Central’s New Stadium would be a central location. But maybe not as easy to get there as St. Clairsville or Zanesville which each one of them is going to be a longer drive for one team.
So Meadowbrook or Cambridge would be my guess.
With Trimble though you will probably be heading to Zanesville. They seem to have some pull with OHSAA.
Trimble has played Steubenville central catholic in Zanesville

If New Philadelphia is booked, Dover would be a possibility. They lost last night, and it’s a little closer to Springfield but nothing crazy.

If they are in a pinch for available stadiums and bias it toward Springfield, Louisville or Minerva could enter the conversation.

Springfield is much, much better than Southern. I think Trimble will struggle with their team speed. I say the Tigers by 14

Springfield is much, much better than Southern. I think Trimble will struggle with their team speed. I say the Tigers by 14

Agreed, but I also think a big thing Springfield is much better up front than Southern.

Just a comparison, Southern had a back and forth game with Columbiana winning 26-21. Springfield beat Columbiana 35-0.

Trimble can win, when you get to this point everyone is good, but I got the Tigers by 14.

One thing in Trimbles favor is playoff experience. Those kids have played a lot of postseason games where the Springfield kids haven't. Both teams have good staffs who will have the teams ready, but when you are talking 15-18 year olds sometimes the experience can play a factor. I still think the Tigers win but it is something to keep in mind.

Either this game or the Mogadore game will probably be at New Philadelphia. I’m guessing the other will possibly be at Dover.
New Philadelphia won last night, so I don't see them hosting anything next Friday.

I'm betting Mogadore and Fort Frye at Dover. This game could be at any of Meadowbrook or St. Clairsville. Does Cambridge have turf?

New Philadelphia won last night, so I don't see them hosting anything next Friday.

I'm betting Mogadore and Fort Frye at Dover. This game could be at any of Meadowbrook or St. Clairsville. Does Cambridge have turf?
Harrison Central(Cadiz), Indian Creek(Wintersville), and Steubenville have turf.

They are both state teams that have everything back

Just saying that the chances of both teams winning, if you assume that both games are toss ups, is 25%. I feel that the Mogadore/FF game is a toss up, but Springfield is probably a 1-2 score favorite against Trimble. Let’s say Trimble has a 35 percent chance of winning. That would make the chance of FF and Trimble playing for the regional title a mere 17.5 percent. That’s why I stated before that it probably won’t happen.

Last edited:
Just saying that the chances of both teams winning, if you assume that both games are toss ups, is 25%. I feel that the Mogadore/FF game is a toss up, but Springfield is probably a 1-2 score favorite against Trimble. Let’s say Trimble has a 35 percent chance of winning. That would make the chance of FF and Trimble playing for the regional title a mere 17.5 percent. That’s why I stayed before that it probably won’t happen.
That’s too much math for me lol

Just saying that the chances of both teams winning, if you assume that both games are toss ups, is 25%. I feel that the Mogadore/FF game is a toss up, but Springfield is probably a 1-2 score favorite against Trimble. Let’s say Trimble has a 35 percent chance of winning. That would make the chance of FF and Trimble playing for the regional title a mere 17.5 percent. That’s why I stayed before that it probably won’t happen.
To use Drew Pastuer’s probabilities..

Trimble has a 30% chance.
FF has a 40% chance.

That makes a 12% chance they both win.

02EF8ADB-544A-4020-96E1-558BE77F1D31.gif