With no sports other than horse racing and Nascar right now

I actually enjoy World Rally and cricket. I'm not kidding. WRC Mexico is this week end and the Pakistan Super League is going on right now.

Plus there are always the movies that you've meant to watch.

For a sports related TV show, has anyone watched Brockmire? I will warn you that it is pretty filthy, but I find it hilarious.

I have a bunch of HS Football games that I have not seen yet plus some HS Basketball games. Watched Centennial vs Grandview Hts in Football on 1 TV and New Bremen/Ridgemont basketball on the other....

Australian Rules Football starts next week (maybe). Not sure if it is as violent as Liga MX, but really a good fast paced sport. And it only occasionally seems like they are just making the rules up as they go.

Only pass it backwards unless you punch it forward. Can kick forward, have to bounce the ball every few steps (though I don't think there is usually time or space to breakaway). Like 20 players on the field but only so many can be in certain zones. Score by kicking it between the outside posts for 1 or the middle posts for 6. pretty much everything is up to the referees what is unnecessary or excessive contact. That's about it.

Can find it sometimes on NBC sports but has got even less coverage in favor of Rugby 7s now that it is an olympic sport.

Also it probably has the deepest analytics of any sport with the amount of data they collect.

Only pass it backwards unless you punch it forward. Can kick forward, have to bounce the ball every few steps (though I don't think there is usually time or space to breakaway). Like 20 players on the field but only so many can be in certain zones. Score by kicking it between the outside posts for 1 or the middle posts for 6. pretty much everything is up to the referees what is unnecessary or excessive contact. That's about it.

Can find it sometimes on NBC sports but has got even less coverage in favor of Rugby 7s now that it is an olympic sport.

Also it probably has the deepest analytics of any sport with the amount of data they collect.

Also, if you kick forward, and a teammate catches it, he can choose to either "play on" and run with the ball or "take the mark" which means he can attempt a free kick from that spot in an attempt to score.

The playing field is a circle.

I got hooked on "footy" a handful of years ago. 1 of PBS' digital offshoot channels showed replays of games every Monday night. They also had a show where they summarized all the games from the previous week. I became a fan of the Western Bulldogs (not sure why aside from liking their theme song) and the Collingwood Magpies (they're like the Yankees of the AFL w/ a big payroll and the most championships) and their vertical black-striped jumpers.

Last edited:
I was going to cancel my ESPN+ at the end of the MAC basketball season but it looks like I will hang onto it for the time being and load up on 30 for 30's, Peyton's Place, etc.

Australian Rules Football starts next week (maybe). Not sure if it is as violent as Liga MX, but really a good fast paced sport. And it only occasionally seems like they are just making the rules up as they go.
Aussie Rules FB lost me when they had their referees change from the formal white coats and hats to a more modern "athletic" uniform. I always enjoyed watching them make the call on kicks. But yes, it's a fast-paced game if you have nothing else to watch.