Winton Woods vs Piqua

Best of luck to Piqua. Hated rivals or not, gotta root for the MVL team. Unfortunately, recent times haven't been kind to northern Miami Valley teams running into Cincinnati juggernauts. Usually it's LaSalle but it's WW this year.

I don't know what happened to Winton Woods between Week 2 and Week 13 ... or between Week 10 and Week 13 for that matter, but the Warriors team I saw play Friday night isn't losing to anybody outside Hoban or maybe Massillon. I guess based on the whole season, it's a matter of who shows up and I can't imagine the Warriors letting down.

I anticipate this being much like the past several years when a WW or LS team faced someone like Sidney, Miamisburg or Lima.
Couldn’t agree more. So impressed with WW and they growth as a team. I honestly thought after seeing them week 1 it was going to be a long year. Nice job by the players buying in and coaches figuring it out.

Most people that follow WW and are being honestly objective would likely say that this year was going to be a rebuilding year for the Warriors. Losing a big senior class and 3 year starter at QB was going to be tough. They had some growing pains early but have obviously turned it around. This is a clear representation of a coaching staff keeping it together and getting unproven talent to buy in. The real talent at WW is in their younger classes. Watch out as those cats get older :oops: QB has been an issue most of the year but I think the staff's decision to RUN THE BALL has helped this team reach its potential. Good luck this week to the Warriors!!!

Good luck to my Winton Woods Warriors tonight.
Win that Regional title and put your stamp on history.

WW has 3 regional championships maybe?
2009, 2017 and 2018 I think.....did Imis one?

Of course Greenhills won the D2 Regional Championship in 1985.
Forest Park got one too i think in 1987 maybe?...could be off on some of that.

Gameday Prediction:

I think it goes the way of the Indians in this one. While I respect the fact that Winton Woods played a better schedule and has been impressive to this point. Piqua has(with this coaching staff) went into games where they have appeared overmatched over the years and have done just fine. They will be well prepared and ready to go.

This game like most others will come down to a couple things: penalties, turnovers and composure.

• Officiating in the playoffs is the best of the best. They aren't going to be ticky-tacky, they're going to get the big fouls.
  • Piqua is a turnover margin machine. They get and don't give. If they can keep that margin to their favor, they'll be successful.
  • Composure will be the final(and potentially biggest) factor. Piqua hasn't been in many positions this year where they have been down, but they have figured out a way to win in the games they have been behind. I think it comes down to who is comfortable in an uncomfortable situation, for both of these teams, that will be who goes down by 2 scores.
Overall I think the friendly confines of Northmont will treat the Indians well......Piqua 31-21

Gameday Prediction:

I think it goes the way of the Indians in this one. While I respect the fact that Winton Woods played a better schedule and has been impressive to this point. Piqua has(with this coaching staff) went into games where they have appeared overmatched over the years and have done just fine. They will be well prepared and ready to go.

This game like most others will come down to a couple things: penalties, turnovers and composure.

• Officiating in the playoffs is the best of the best. They aren't going to be ticky-tacky, they're going to get the big fouls.
  • Piqua is a turnover margin machine. They get and don't give. If they can keep that margin to their favor, they'll be successful.
  • Composure will be the final(and potentially biggest) factor. Piqua hasn't been in many positions this year where they have been down, but they have figured out a way to win in the games they have been behind. I think it comes down to who is comfortable in an uncomfortable situation, for both of these teams, that will be who goes down by 2 scores.
Overall I think the friendly confines of Northmont will treat the Indians well......Piqua 31-21
31? Ok. We shall see!

Ha ha..... that WW running back is fun to watch! Piqua will have him bottled up and he gets loose.

Medley is obviously still hurt, he has played sparingly on both sides and you can see him limping on the sideline.

Gameday Prediction:

They did get treated good by the refs.Nice season Piqua. Still can’t get over the 31 points.

Congrats to Winton Woods
Region 8 Champions.

Did what they do.
Ran it.
Very physical up front.
Great tackling.
This LB’s and DE’s are just football players.
Great team effort.
And I just cannot day enough bout this coaching staff and Coach Murphy.
Lets keep it going!
Yea I like wat the coaches have done with the offense good variety wen needed and sticks to basics wen it’s working

Too big & too much speed for Piqua to keep up with. They're undefeated so we can't take them likely. Coach has been there for 30 years so I know they are going to come out w a few wrinkles but how long do they work & can the o line block our defensive line. 31-10 WW
38-17. Watching film you could see a route coming. Too much team speed

After the game during the team handshakes, almost every Winton Woods player and coach made sure to stop Jasiah Medley and hug him a few stood and talked to him before going and celebrating with their teammates and fans. This is amazing sportsmanship and it needed to be pointed out and recognized. Some good kids there and coaching staff well done!!

After the game during the team handshakes, almost every Winton Woods player and coach made sure to stop Jasiah Medley and hug him a few stood and talked to him before going and celebrating with their teammates and fans. This is amazing sportsmanship and it needed to be pointed out and recognized. Some good kids there and coaching staff well done!!
Thank you for this. A team with our demographic make gets grouped in certain stereotypes. It’s refreshing to see someone comment from the outside.