Winton Woods vs Piqua

I heard that Piqua got quite the home field advantage last night, with the hosting stadium pumping up the Piqua crowd on 3rd downs and other shenanigans. Maybe Northmont will be more "neutral". Hopefully this game will be as good as advertised, and may the best team win!
I did hear this

It would be nice to see Piqua advance to the state semi finals as a representative of the Dayton area. Its been 2 years since LaSalle didn't win R8. The last team to win other than LaSalle was WW in 2018. To be the champ, you have to beat them, I think Winton Woods moves on.

Winton Woods 28
Piqua 14

I watched the WW-Kings film and I think this is going to be a solid matchup. I think special teams could be a huge factor in this game.

I don't see it being a 2-3 score game by any means. Piqua will be ready to go and I have no doubt WW will be ready as well. Small details will make the difference.

I'll take the Indians by 5.

I have no skin in this game, but at the beginning of the year, it looked like WW was going in the wrong direction. Not sure what turned them around but they are playing good football.

Mad respect for WW. Piqua will indeed need to play a near perfect game to win. If the quarterback has a good game throwing the ball I think they can stay in it. Turnovers can be a defining factor too. As has been noted prevoiusly, Piqua has several on the roster that play on both sides of the ball so depth is an issue. The coaching staff will have them prepared. They will need to execute well to overcome some of their physical deficiencies in comparison to WW. They are the true underdog for the first time this year so maybe they embrace that role and surprise some people. Good luck to both squads.

I sat on the Piqua side and as a neutral fan the hells bells and enter sandman songs on 3rd down didn't get the crowd going at all. I also didn't even notice the defense on the scoreboard.

In my opinion what hurt Edgewood the most was the fullback getting hurt. Piqua did nothing in the 3rd quarter and Edgewood did nothing in the 4th. Piqua about half way through the 3rd quarter, started stopping the trap up the middle, that helped as well.
It's none of the stuff that happened on the field. It was clearly the music and scoreboard stuff.

Winton Woods kids better not be as overconfident as some of the posters on here ?
I never understood why people even think this is remotely an issue. It gets posted every year at some point. Highly unlikely any coach at this level would allow that to happen.

I have no skin in this game, but at the beginning of the year, it looked like WW was going in the wrong direction. Not sure what turned them around but they are playing good football.
Never were they going in the wrong direction. New Coach and coaching staff. New scheme on offense and defense. Coaches learning players and who to trust. It was just an adjustment period.

Very little, they've struggled for decades. Finally fielded a team that made the expanded playoffs.
they would have made the play offs regards if they were expanded. Who cares what they did for decades the kids played well all year and it would have been rewarded with a playoff berth. If they werent expanded WW would have faced Kings again RD1 who knows what the outcome would have been?

So teams never get overconfident ??
At the regional finals? Probably not. The point is using Yappi commenters to predict which teams may be overconfident is a real stretch. Any team can be overconfident. Even the ones without Yappi followers. Someone does it every year tho.