Winter Storm Warning for NEO (8 to 12 inches of snow possible)

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
Didn't see this one coming so quickly.

It was nice to get some work done outside the last few weeks...

...A Winter Storm Will Impact the Region Early this Week...

.Low pressure will track northeast near the Appalachian Mountains
to the eastern Great Lakes today into Tuesday. Rain will
overspread the area early Monday morning, transitioning to snow
from west to east Monday evening. Heavy snow will be possible,
especially for the primary and secondary snowbelts where greater
than 12 inches will be possible. Gusty winds to 35 mph will be
possible as well. Snow will diminish from west to east Tuesday
through Wednesday.

...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 7 PM THIS EVENING TO 10 AM
EST WEDNESDAY...

* WHAT...Heavy snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 8 to 12
inches with locally higher amounts up to a foot and a half in
higher terrain. Winds gusting as high as 35 mph.

* WHERE...Portions of north central and northeast Ohio.

* WHEN...From 7 PM this evening to 10 AM EST Wednesday.

* IMPACTS...Travel could be very difficult to impossible. The
hazardous conditions could impact the morning or evening
commute.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Higher snow drifts may be possible.

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
It's been raining here all day in the Akron area. When the snow hits, the roads are going to be a mess.

Auggie

Also 1st major snow of the year means a big fiasco on the roads, good reason for everyone to stay at home.

Auggie

It's a hot mess in the Heights area of CLE. All that rain yesterday is turning to ice and there are trees and therefore power lines down everywhere. Add on top already 6-8" of snow with the lake effect kicking in this afternoon through tomorrow AM. You can see in below pic I just took folks still stuck in the intersection near my house. I got two cars out and watched that idiot in the white Lexus below get stuck trying to avoid the Rav 4 that went off the road. Thank God another neighbor came out to relive me because I have a busy work day and needed to get going.

Snow.JPG

Auggie

3:00 update. With lake effect kicking in we are up to over a foot of snow. Snow removal equipment is at a premium so they sent out a bucket truck to act as a plow on our side street. At least I have power, many around me do not and it is getting cold...

EagleGuy

It's a hot mess in the Heights area of CLE. All that rain yesterday is turning to ice and there are trees and therefore power lines down everywhere. Add on top already 6-8" of snow with the lake effect kicking in this afternoon through tomorrow AM. You can see in below pic I just took folks still stuck in the intersection near my house. I got two cars out and watched that idiot in the white Lexus below get stuck trying to avoid the Rav 4 that went off the road. Thank God another neighbor came out to relive me because I have a busy work day and needed to get going.

View attachment 12445
BR-RRR!

I think we hit 40-45 today with pretty high wind/gusts. Today's bike ride got changed to a walk.

Wind at the back was okay. Walking into the wind, yikes! Reminded me of NEO. Snow only in the mountains here. :( :)