Will XC happen this fall?

I think I saw, just before the cancellation of Saturday Night Lights, that Centerville's conference is limiting athletic competitions to just other schools in their conference (like the Big Ten). Could dual meets make a come back?

I'm struggling with the thought of not competing against Bay... Or at least following them. They run a nice schedule.

I hope that they allow dual meets within the County and not just the league. Even against school districts that touch each other wouldn't be as bad as just league duals.

How do we make an inner squad meet fun and exciting for the kids?

"You have entered the twilight zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use the key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination"

Thank you PD, we try and get many kids involved in running varsity races, so we split up, and run two events some weekends, or run second seven in
weekday events. We love the races, I think we agree that more racing is beneficial. If only duals or quads are possible this fall, sign us up for CVNP on a weekday.

Thank you PD, we try and get many kids involved in running varsity races, so we split up, and run two events some weekends, or run second seven in
weekday events. We love the races, I think we agree that more racing is beneficial. If only duals or quads are possible this fall, sign us up for CVNP on a weekday.
A few years ago, I was coaching at a school in Cleveland. It was nearly impossible to get the kids to show up for Saturday meets. Weekday meets worked best. I saw you guys at Open Door Christian running who knows which kids, but it got me thinking that I could host weekday meets and try and get teams to send their kids that never get to compete for real stakes. And, I could see if I could travel to a Bay or Woodridge and take up 30 minutes of a practice day and run a race against their 15-21 guys or even lower . I had it all worked out and then Gilmore Academy beat the girls basketball team 108 to 2 or something like that. The AD got fired and the new AD didn't return my calls or emails and I was not asked back. I still think it's a good idea and I hope to be able to make it happen someday. The kids actually loved the meets and interacting with kids from other schools.

That's too bad those kids of yours didn't get the chance. The Open Door folks do a nice job of hosting their meet. It is so much fun leaving the top 7 to 10 home, giving the next group their chance to run closer to the front, learn and score. It's so easy to get all wrapped up with the big Saturdays and post season, but these smaller stress free events can be the most rewarding. Our team was planning our annual CVNP August practice day, but our
school cancelled(postponed?) fall sports yesterday. If Woodridge is running and we are not, I will be there cheering you and Coach Howard on.

I do not think that Bay would sit there and let sports go on without getting back involved. Not exactly a bunch of tree hugging liberals in your neck of the woods. I'm a bit surprised they would postpone/ cancel up there out of shear stubbornness and principle.

Not cancelled but downsized to just teams from 3 conferences.
I'm guessing GatorNation based his post off of the info posted on Baumspage:
07-30-2020, 8:53 PM - The Tiffin Cross Country Carnival will be cancelled this year due to the current Pandemic.

The Meet will be held on the corresponding date in 2021

I'm guessing GatorNation based his post off of the info posted on Baumspage:
07-30-2020, 8:53 PM - The Tiffin Cross Country Carnival will be cancelled this year due to the current Pandemic.

The Meet will be held on the corresponding date in 2021
Headline is canceled but here is their plan. (I guess they are not going the call it Carnival so by that definition it is cancelled).

Hartsel said Columbian, which hosts the Carnival, is hoping to host a smaller cross country meet Sept. 12.

“We're gonna invite the surrounding conferences — the (Northern 10 Conference, the Blanchard Valley Conference and the Northern Buckeye Conference) — to participate,” he said.

1596394036595.png

Didn’t include xc in the contact sports. Wow.

Has anyone seen that they are requiring now that each athlete in a contact sport to take the Covid-19 test and test negative before each competition? I don’t know how any athletic department can pay for this especially since ticket sales will be limited.

Last edited:
Has anyone seen that they are requiring now that each athlete in a contact sport to take the Covid-19 test and test negative before each competition? I don’t know how any athletic department can pay for this especially since ticket sales will be limited.
It's essentially beside the point to worry about this because the OHSAA has more or less said that contact sports happening this fall is contingent on no testing requirements being in place. There's phrasing to this effect in the 7/31 memo.

Looks like my kids will now go 1 for 3 instead of 0 for 3.

OHSAA Testing Requirement for contact sports

This pretty much kills football and soccer. Insurance companies aren't going to pay for these tests. At a minimum of $100/test even the most wealthy programs aren't going to pay for 50+ players to be tested before each football game. Since soccer is pretty much a non-revenue sport at most schools, so I don't see them paying for soccer players either. Officials certainly aren't going to pay for their own tests. Maybe everyone runs XC!

Looks like my kids will now go 1 for 3 instead of 0 for 3.
I am happy with the change but shocked that they did it. I know that there are many conferences deciding to compete only in their league right now. I’m betting that they will limit how many schools can compete in one race as well even with a staggered start. But who cares if the kids can compete and the meet directors take every precaution seriously.

Did I read right that this order goes beyond just schools sports but also private as well. It needs to so they stop contradicting themselves.

Also cat Stevens rocks moonshadow.

Several of our students got tests for NO COST. Cvs drug with results the next day. I also got a free test there.

I'm struggling with the thought of not competing against Bay... Or at least following them. They run a nice schedule.

I hope that they allow dual meets within the County and not just the league. Even against school districts that touch each other wouldn't be as bad as just league duals.

How do we make an inner squad meet fun and exciting for the kids?

"You have entered the twilight zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use the key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination"

Rush

What are the next mega meets to fall? Will a team/runner limit be set? Or will we be told to manage it at a "local" level?
I'm told Walsh Jesuit's Pat Ritchie Invitational is cancelled, same weekend as the Tiffin Carnival. Also, Wooster City Schools suspended athletics until Oct. 1, so it's safe to assume their invitational isn't happening. All 3 of those meets were on the same Saturday.