Will there be a Wrestling Season for 2020-2021?

Will there be a Wrestling Season for 2020-2021?

• Yes

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • No

Votes: 70 45.2%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 33 21.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

I agree with bucksman unfortunately. No way Dewine or the other decision makers are going to allow contact sports to happen. It’s terrible that these kids are going to lose this year. I don’t agree with any of the stuff their doing, a lot of these kids have been wrestling for years, now when it really matters they could lose a whole season. I sure hope I’m way off

I agree with bucksman unfortunately. No way Dewine or the other decision makers are going to allow contact sports to happen. It’s terrible that these kids are going to lose this year. I don’t agree with any of the stuff their doing, a lot of these kids have been wrestling for years, now when it really matters they could lose a whole season. I sure hope I’m way off

and wrestling is THE contact of all contact sports. i like to think we're far enough away from November for things to cool off but I said that back in mid-April in regards to July and look where we are now. Still hopeful but slightly less optimistic at this point.

Screw the new world order and Bill Gates. The covid 19 will phase out after November 3rd but “reimagining schools” will move to phase two. School will eventually be all digital Microsoft with hardly any teachers and no bricks and mortar. All those tax dollars straight to Microsoft. Sports will be clubs like Europe. Unless we as American people pull off our masks and stand for our own communities and quit lookIng to Bill Gates and his own money grab vaccine. Quit looking to government to keep us safe because all that does is make them create harm for their solution that we would not have accepted. I’m not taking Bills vaccine and I’m tired of billionaires and bureaucrats dictating our lives. Quit being sheep! Covid 19 will leave but all these policies will stay for ever and continue in a direction that we should not accept. Quit trusting money grabbers! Don’t drink the kool-aid

Screw the new world order and Bill Gates. The covid 19 will phase out after November 3rd but “reimagining schools” will move to phase two. School will eventually be all digital Microsoft with hardly any teachers and no bricks and mortar. All those tax dollars straight to Microsoft. Sports will be clubs like Europe. Unless we as American people pull off our masks and stand for our own communities and quit lookIng to Bill Gates and his own money grab vaccine. Quit looking to government to keep us safe because all that does is make them create harm for their solution that we would not have accepted. I’m not taking Bills vaccine and I’m tired of billionaires and bureaucrats dictating our lives. Quit being sheep! Covid 19 will leave but all these policies will stay for ever and continue in a direction that we should not accept. Quit trusting money grabbers! Don’t drink the kool-aid
What in the heck are you talking about?

I think if there is wrestling then there will be no tournaments. There will just be duals with no spectators. Duals can have a smaller amount of people in a facility compared to a tournament.

You know where I stand politically. But,Gates was a huge player in the Khan Academy development. It's a super template for the future of education. Imo. Online learning can disinfectant the political slant in our liberal learning centers. There will certainly be a need for structured socializing, but why stay with a system that fails?

Why wait on the political educational system to determine the fate of wrestling? Start the club system now. The OAC has a system in place for end of year. Then have open tournaments to supplement the regular season. No deaths in Ohio for ages 0-18. Get on with it and give wrestlers their sport back. I'll stop beating this horse for awhile. It's clear how I feel. Get those kids back on the mats.

I’m fine with clubs, but I don’t trust Gates for anything and if he is involved it will be liberal and a globalist agenda!

Remember and consider that according to their own estimates there should have been huge numbers among athletes during first “phase”. When there wasn’t a surge they took credit even though they estimated that the cat was well out of the bag by sectionals. Not to mention that the age group over all showed zilch in infection numbers. I personally don't know a single person that has contracted nor know anyone personally that knows someone

Guys,
Not to be a downer...Lord knows there is enough of it...But by the time we get to wrestling season, if you think things are bad across this land now, lookout below. We are just now beginning to feel the enormous economic consequences of our credit card-debt-default-fueled economy. That is irrespective of waves 2-3 of this medical new world order shutdown. Now throw in the Antifalala snowflake rebellion along with the most hostile election of this century.
By November we'll be seeing violence, mass homelessness, real souplines & the beginning of runaway hyper inflation...
Yes, its really that bad. Get used to old sports videos, while we even still have those...Still love watching Randy Lewis and Dave Schultz :) Really feel for these innocent kids...

The poll isn't "should there be" a season, but "will there be" a season. Anyone who thinks the "will be" answer is Yes just isn't paying attention. Whether you think it's right or wrong, no way an indoor full contact sport happens this winter.

The poll isn't "should there be" a season, but "will there be" a season. Anyone who thinks the "will be" answer is Yes just isn't paying attention. Whether you think it's right or wrong, no way an indoor full contact sport happens this winter.
Sounds like you need to take your group to the basketball forum ...no room here for negative Nelly's!!

As a teacher and a coach for over 30 years, this kind of rhetoric drives me crazy. There are over 140k people dead in the US alone, fact. Even if you don't know one, that doesn't mean it didn't happen. Although it is true that young healthy people don't seem to be affected the same way by the virus, it is still a virus, which means they can pass it on to people who can be severely affected as we've seen in several states. I, for one, am not willing to risk my life or the lives of those I love so that your son or daughter can do sports. If missing a sports season is the worst thing that happens to them, then you should consider yourself blessed. I had two senior SQ's this year. Although it really sucked that they didn't get to experience the state tournament, they are doing just fine.
Side note: I f you are a fake news, tinfoil hat, conspiracy nut, I really don't know what to tell you except good luck.

It doesn’t help trust at all that numbers are being fudged, unrelated death tacked on, millions being made on masks alone, not to mention grants and all sorts of bull crap. Schools are controlled club wrestling is not. Want to travel they have venues that can be had.

As a teacher and a coach for over 30 years, this kind of rhetoric drives me crazy. There are over 140k people dead in the US alone, fact. Even if you don't know one, that doesn't mean it didn't happen. Although it is true that young healthy people don't seem to be affected the same way by the virus, it is still a virus, which means they can pass it on to people who can be severely affected as we've seen in several states. I, for one, am not willing to risk my life or the lives of those I love so that your son or daughter can do sports. If missing a sports season is the worst thing that happens to them, then you should consider yourself blessed. I had two senior SQ's this year. Although it really sucked that they didn't get to experience the state tournament, they are doing just fine.
Side note: I f you are a fake news, tinfoil hat, conspiracy nut, I really don't know what to tell you except good luck.
Tin foil guilty and you can add fake news. Would you consider your post opinion? Let's say I agree with you for a second. So let's solve this people immediately. Everyone is now educated from home. Problem fixed and the educational system is totally redefined. I'm sure you would agree that all state and federal money should follow the student. That would let the student and parent decide which online platform to use for education. Then we can get rid of high school wrestling and move to clubs. That solves our present situation.

It doesn’t help trust at all that numbers are being fudged, unrelated death tacked on, millions being made on masks alone, not to mention grants and all sorts of bull crap. Schools are controlled club wrestling is not. Want to travel they have venues that can be had.
I think it's coming. You see all of the youth playing sports now? I smile when I pass the ball diamonds.

I think it's coming. You see all of the youth playing sports now? I smile when I pass the ball diamonds.

Again, the problem is there aren't enough facilities to host Club Teams. Sure some will thrive but there simply isn't enough space. Clubs will select the top wrestlers to represent them and then the rest will be left out. I'm guessing pricing would also go way up based on how few spots are available.

Status
Not open for further replies.