Will the Indians make the world series in 2017?

Will the Indians make the world series in 2017?

• yes

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • no

Votes: 8 57.1%

• Total voters

I will be rooting for them, but I don't think they will get back there. This was a magical season that only comes around every so often. It is much more difficult to make it back to the championship in baseball than in any other sport in my opinion.

IIRC, Vegas had them 12:1 last year. Considering what they did this year shorthanded, that they will have the same pitching staff +Miller, and they should have Brantley, Almonte, and one more outfield bat, the odds have to be shorter.

It's such a crapshoot in baseball to get to the World Series, so I have no idea, but I do think they get in the playoffs again

They probably have as good of a shot as anyone in the AL, but the baseball season is a grind. Things happen that nobody sees coming and could cripple any team. Its going to be tough but I like their chances.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

IIRC, Vegas had them 12:1 last year. Considering what they did this year shorthanded, that they will have the same pitching staff +Miller, and they should have Brantley, Almonte, and one more outfield bat, the odds have to be shorter.

No certainty at all that they will have Brantley back. The shoulder is a difficult joint to repair.

My first thought is "Why not"? The reality of life is that they will have to go through roughly the same characters as this past year...BJ's, Red Sox, Tigers, Royals, Rangers, Orioles, plus a rejuvenated Yankees. And the chances of doing it again probably are in the 20-25% range.

Hope so.

As great as this season was for the Tribe, it's also one of those years where everything seemingly fell into place for them. That happens rarely.

Lindor is fantastic and will be one of the best players in the game, but they really don't have alot of star power on that team. They do have a really good pitching staff, and that's critical, but are they going to pony up for Andrew Miller?

No.

Nothing against the Indians.....but if you gave me indians or the field in the AL, I taqke the field.

Same in the NL.....Cubs or the field....I talk the field.

No.

Nothing against the Indians.....but if you gave me indians or the field in the AL, I taqke the field.

Probably right.

I do hope the Indians make it back next year.

Last edited:
No.

I think you could say that every single year no matter the team. You always take the field in baseball

As great as this season was for the Tribe, it's also one of those years where everything seemingly fell into place for them.

Well that's 100% false. I think it was the exact opposite.

At the same time, I do think a lot of guys played above their pay grade and it will be tough to repeat the playoff success they had, as well as the 14-or-something win streak in the middle of the year that helped them get 94 wins

Well that's 100% false. I think it was the exact opposite.

At the same time, I do think a lot of guys played above their pay grade and it will be tough to repeat the playoff success they had, as well as the 14-or-something win streak in the middle of the year that helped them get 94 wins

and yep

I think you could say that every single year no matter the team. You always take the field in baseball

Exactly.

Injuries...which football has too, but even just players slumping or not coming near their previous numbers. That is one huge thing in baseball...it is inevitable that a few guys just played better than they usually would.

Reminds me of the reds in what....99? or so. Reese, Casey and a couple others maybe had their best years...then came back to what the back of their baseball card says they were.

Then they added griffey.....everyone expected great thigns....

Of course you take the field against any single team, tough to get to the WS two years in a row for any team. It is all about pitching, and the Indians have as good a staff as anyone, assuming Salazar and Carrasco are healthy and they get everyone back under contract. They will be one of the better AL teams again.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/mlb/odds/futures/

why not ? :shrug:

You could bet cleavage/no cleavage for Lady Gaga's SB halftime show start if you want to.

I brought it up because of the OP. Were you confused about how many teams were going this year or something ? It's always each team against the field in their league. Pretty stupid comment on your part.

I don't see odds for "the field against Cleveland" in your link. What are they? :shrug: