Will the 2021 season be back to the old norm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering Coldwater plays D4 schools and above in non-Conference, we would have our harbin totals destroyed if we did this. It's not broke. It doesn't need fixed.
More Coldwater arrogance, us poor little D - 6, D - 7 schools in the MAC don't give you enough " Harbins " for you to get in the play offs. I wonder how the other MAC schools were able to make the play offs when they were D -6. With 12 teams making the play offs most MAC schools will make the play offs with a 500 record. Since the rest of the MAC is not worthy of Buzzards Glory why don't you petition to get back in the WBL, plenty of D -3 and D -4 schools for you to play in the WBL.

More Coldwater arrogance, us poor little D - 6, D - 7 schools in the MAC don't give you enough " Harbins " for you to get in the play offs. I wonder how the other MAC schools were able to make the play offs when they were D -6. With 12 teams making the play offs most MAC schools will make the play offs with a 500 record. Since the rest of the MAC is not worthy of Buzzards Glory why don't you petition to get back in the WBL, plenty of D -3 and D -4 schools for you to play in the WBL.
I dont see at all how this is arrogant. Get off your high horse.

I'll consider it 'normal' only when programs are not shut down and games are not cancelled simply due to one case of Covid.

Swiiiing and a miss.
Nice try though.

Are you pettymore?

I'm still being told to wear a mask to work and social distance. I guess I'll believe we're back to normal this fall when I can go to a packed stadium for a game and without a mask. I'm just having a hard time envisioning His Majesty Dewine telling the disease ridden human insect population to take off your masks and mingle amongst yourselves as you wish. I'll believe it when I see it.

I'm still being told to wear a mask to work and social distance. I guess I'll believe we're back to normal this fall when I can go to a packed stadium for a game and without a mask. I'm just having a hard time envisioning His Majesty Dewine telling the disease ridden human insect population to take off your masks and mingle amongst yourselves as you wish. I'll believe it when I see it.
A lot of people think we won't ever get to take them off again. We may be allowed in crowded space but we will be required to wear masks if we are outside of our homes.

Heck no !!! People do not understand schools use reg. season ticket money, concessions, 50 / 50 to help fund the athletic department. Their is already enough play off games, no to everyone getting in. College teams don't even play as many games as H.S. teams do.
Speaking of that. HS kids do spend more time on the filed than college or the pros. Why? In high school when a player runs out of bounds, the clock stops until the snap of the next play. In college and pros, the clock will start after the ball has been set for play.

Speaking of that. HS kids do spend more time on the filed than college or the pros. Why? In high school when a player runs out of bounds, the clock stops until the snap of the next play. In college and pros, the clock will start after the ball has been set for play.
The college and pros did that to make more time for TV commercials. TV rules the college and pros.

A lot of people think we won't ever get to take them off again. We may be allowed in crowded space but we will be required to wear masks if we are outside of our homes.

That is an interesting take. I just got an antibody test that shows, as I thought, that the minor cold I (and everyone else in my house) had in late October was probably COViD and I have a strong indicator for lgG antibodies "largely responsible for long-term immunity after infection or vaccination." Yes - I know that as with all COViD testing, antibody testing has false positives and negatives. Still, I am 99% confident that the strong presence of these antibodies is an indication that I can't get or spread it for at least the next 3-6 months (if not longer).

So essentially I am walking around with this stupid mask just "for show" right now. I can't go on a cruise, stay out at bars and restaurants past 10pm, drink out of a drinking fountain, etc. now (or in the foreseeable future). How stupid is that? More importantly, if we don't agree that people who do test positive for long term antibodies are "safe" (in the same way people that are immunized are "safe"), when are we EVER going to be able to get back to normal? Do we have to live like this forever because a few doctors say it is at least theoretically possible that people that test positive for long term antibodies could still get it and transmit it?

It's funny, because it kind of makes me laugh that a lot of the same people that bent over backwards to argue that everyone was overreacting to how difficult it was to transmit AIDs back in the day are some of the same people that are saying we now have to live like this forever until we are sure that everything is "entirely safe."

BTW - how many college athletes/high school athletes died from COViD this fall? More importantly, is there ANY EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER that those who did participate in sports (vs. allegedly hiding in their basements) actually had less spread than those that didn't? Analogous question, if very, very strict "stay-at-home" rules prevent spread, why is California a hot spot right now? If lax stay-at-home rules cause huge spread, why don't Texas and Florida have significantly higher spread than they do?

I liked seeing the Buckeye state have an all in tournament. I think having a 8-9 game regular season and then an all in playoffs would be nice to see. Once eliminated teams could play 1 or 2 games for the 9-10 game season to get those kids playing time from the running clock playoff games. I think they should eliminate the no webcast rule if it goes back to normal. You can charge to view the webcasts to make up gate revenue if need be. The webcast should have some students participating as well as professional adults. It could help generate college & future career decisions for some kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.