Will the 2021 season be back to the old norm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wrong, most of us think China was and continues to be the problem. The Dems are simply using the virus for political gain. There seems to be no interest to see exactly how this pandemic originated and how we can stop it from happening again. Because it is going to happen again and likely will originate in China again. But you are correct it is all Trump's fault that Communist China either by negligence or recklessness unleashed a pandemic upon the world.
Is that why Trump said this back in February?

“THE PRESIDENT: Look, I know this: President Xi loves the people of China, he loves his country, and he’s doing a very good job with a very, very tough situation.”

Sure it does. This was a blue state in 2008 and and 2012, LOL.
How many Democrats have held statewide elected office this past decade? What’s the party split on the 16 Congressional seats this state elects to the House of Representatives? What party currently holds the supermajority in the state legislature?

How many Democrats have held statewide elected office this past decade? What’s the party split on the 16 Congressional seats this state elects to the House of Representatives? What party currently holds the supermajority in the state legislature?

Demographics in Ohio have not changed in that time other than a larger and growing hispanic population, so your point remains nonsensical.

Last edited:
Is that why Trump said this back in February?

“THE PRESIDENT: Look, I know this: President Xi loves the people of China, he loves his country, and he’s doing a very good job with a very, very tough situation.”

? Nice cherry pick quote. Trump's MO has always been to complement adversaries as a negotiating tool.

BTW did you see this CNN article:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/02/asia/trump-china-coronavirus-intl-hnk/index.html

Now find me all the quotes from the Dems laying any blame on China.

The point that this board represents what our Red state demographics look like? lol
[/QUOTE]

This is not an intelligent point....suggesting that Ohio's 53.3 to 45.3 preference (17%) makes a noticeable difference in this forum.

Hell, starting dodgeball a man down and you just give up???

I think that football (athletics in general) are highly competitive and those that are highly competitive enjoy this forum, while those that want to share the wealth, points, trophies, or whatever may not participate as much in this or other discussions... may be a more likely interrelation?

Demographics in Ohio have not changed in that time other than a larger and growing hispanic population, so your point remains nonsensical.
We’re a Red state, with demographics dissimilar from that of states with comparable population. That’s the entire point, along with the fact that the demographic of this board is roughly representative of our state’s demographics - since this is a) a state’s forum and b) the general demographic of people who post on here tend to be white, older and live in rural or exurban settings. The same demographic that comprises the majority of the electorate that votes Republican and is likely to share the same viewpoints toward Democrats.

We’re a Red state, with demographics dissimilar from that of states with comparable population. That’s the entire point, along with the fact that the demographic of this board is roughly representative of our state’s demographics - since this is a) a state’s forum and b) the general demographic of people who post on here tend to be white, older and live in rural or exurban settings. The same demographic that comprises the majority of the electorate that votes Republican and is likely to share the same viewpoints toward Democrats.

So a minor political majority across the board can be considered the primary reason (a), using this logic it would be 5 out of 9 posters in the majority, not a highly noticeable difference. And Yappi never asked my race, age, or address, so don't know what reputable source you garnered (b) from?

Like I said "I think that football (athletics in general) are highly competitive and those that are highly competitive enjoy this forum, while those that want to share the wealth, points, trophies, or whatever may not participate as much in this or other discussions... may be a more likely interrelation?"

Everything points to it being back to normal which I believe it will be. It is quite obvious that some of you would rather it not be just so you can go on about political beliefs.

Travel ban is beside the point, as it’s understood that the virus also came in via Europe-to-US air travel.

The point that this board represents what our Red state demographics look like? lol
Was it understood when our POTUS was accused of being Sinophobic? What you're saying could be info in hindsight.

I sure hope so.

Last Spring was horrible with no H.S. baseball, this Fall was better even though it wasn't normal we got a completed H.S. Football season. I pray every day for wrestling.? Hopefully 2021 is better!

Heck no !!! People do not understand schools use reg. season ticket money, concessions, 50 / 50 to help fund the athletic department. Their is already enough play off games, no to everyone getting in. College teams don't even play as many games as H.S. teams do.
Why does everyone getting in, with a 9-game regular season (or even 8) mean that you can't continue to do that-- just as this year, anyone losing in the first round can schedule another game after the playoff loss-- or opt out of the playoffs, if it looks like a bad deal to you. Also, you do recall that there was a time not long ago, when teams regularly did not play a 10-game regular season (some do not, even now, for lack of willing opponents). If you are concerned about HS teams playing too many games, then shorten the regular season-- you can't have it both ways-- either it's too many games, or it's not.

I'm not the least bit politically motivated, but it is stunning to read on here that a good portion of Yappi users think the Democrats are the problem or reason behind a global pandemic that was completely mishandled by a Republican President and Senate. It truly exemplifies the world of misinformation that we live in.
This thread is tame compared to the debate forum lol

a lot of intellectual people on here, well spoken, impressive! How ‘bout asking one the poor, broken people we see everyday on the street, tired, hungry, dirty and completely tattered what they think of the situation...

a lot of intellectual people on here, well spoken, impressive! How ‘bout asking one the poor, broken people we see everyday on the street, tired, hungry, dirty and completely tattered what they think of the situation...
About HS football?

I sure hope that things get back to normal in 2021. I hope that winter/spring sports get as lucky as fall sports did.

Demo's haven't hanged in rural Ohio , they have changed in many suburban areas over the last 20-30 years.

Last edited:
Everything points to it being back to normal which I believe it will be. It is quite obvious that some of you would rather it not be just so you can go on about political beliefs.
Total crap . No one likes having things shut down or life not being normal in terms of work leisure activities , travel etc. Based on some political leanings some see a different reality, but to say more than half the country likes life as it is now and want it to continue on this way ? Just stop . I think by late summer we will be in a different place with the vaccines being more readily available to the public at large by Mid To late Spring .

I think everyone will make the playoffs again next year to get some money back in the ohsaa pockets and then move to the 12 team format the following year.

I think (even once a vaccine gets rolled out) there will still be social distancing at games, and mask recommendations for the high-risk crowd) but not mandates. However, they'll bump up attendance to at least 50% of stadium capacity from and we'll see student sections at games in 2021.

In my mind, they should hold off on playoff expansion until the following season, and keep each region at the top eight seeds. And I would start the regular season the second-to-last week of August and have nine regular-season games (up from six). I would also be okay with teams that didn't make it being able to schedule a 10th game if they choose to do so.

Reactions: 4GX
Since this is a HS football forum, I hope that the new "normal" still includes ALL schools (that want to) qualifying for the playoffs-- I've ALWAYS been an advocate of that-- and this year's formula (putting aside the spectator limitations, which have NOTHING to do with teams' participation in the playoffs) PROVES that putting ALL schools in is VERY DOABLE. It could be tweaked-- I don't care much about whether it's a 6-game or 7-game or 8-game or 9-game season, before the playoffs-- but the numbers can be made to work, if only the OHSAA decides to do it-- and I think fans of schools that do not regularly get into the playoffs were probably pretty happy with this season's formula.

In Division I, with only 64 total teams-- that is a 6-game playoff (max) to start with-- every team could be in, with a 9-game regular season-- and any team that loses in the first round STILL gets 10 games-- the same as they would have NOW without qualifying for the playoffs-- that is NO sacrifice of games at all. At the lower divisions, it could be done with an 8-game regular season-- and letting any team that loses in the first round schedule an extra exhibition game, after their playoff loss.
Playing two OOC games getting ready for league play and then playing stand filling MAC games is exciting. Don't want to sacrifice that.

Playing two OOC games getting ready for league play and then playing stand filling MAC games is exciting. Don't want to sacrifice that.
You could still do that-- 9 games gives you 2 OOC, plus 7 games against league foes...or are there more than 8 MAC teams?

Status
Not open for further replies.