Will the 2020 Season Be Played This Year?

Will the 2020 Season Be Played This Year?

• Yes - complete season with no interuptions

Votes: 96 39.3%
  • Yes - but there will be games missed due to local Coronavirus issues

Votes: 33 13.5%
  • Yes - season will start late but we will finish it playing fewer games than normal

Votes: 28 11.5%
  • No - season will start but get interrupted and cancelled

Votes: 33 13.5%
  • No - season will be completely cancelled

Votes: 52 21.3%
  • Other - post below

Votes: 2 0.8%

• Total voters
Written using hot button issues (Wuhan flu), exaggerations, assumptions and it’s arguments fly in the face of medical and science advice. It’s basically “ Woe is me. I will take risks. Boo Hoo. “ Conservative drivel and no attempt in finding solutions, just whinnng.

That article does state some good points ... but it definitely has a slant to it as well ... also, there is a third type of people ... those that are in the middle to the two named in the article ... we recognize the need to open, but to do it in a smart responsible manner by wearing mask, keeping your distance, and trying to limit your risk ... key word limit ... we know it’s impossible to be completely safe and some people are going to get sick and some will die ... but will do all we can it limit the risk.

The article had nothing to do with club sports - did you read it? That was my takeaway from how you might deal with an America divided between zero risk fanatics and risk tolerant normal people.

And I say again that if the powers that be cancel extracurricular activities for the year - and let's be real here if they cancel the fall the entire school year is lost, they can no longer be trusted with running these activities. And for the record do you think INDOOR activities like basketball, wrestling & swimming are going to happen if the OUTDOOR fall sports are cancelled?

Probably not. It’s a pandemic.Sports will come back by next Spring and we’ll be fine.

And you accused me of being political, saying doing so kept the discussion from advancing. Good job grasshopper.
Lol. That was just low hanging fruit. A little tit for tat with that guy.

But you're right. We won't be able to move forward until we drop the labels that divide us.

Lol. That was just low hanging fruit. A little tit for tat with that guy.

But you're right. We won't be able to move forward until we drop the labels that divide us.
. Well said. Sometimes it’s hard not to sling political mud. I appreciate your post.

Play in the spring! Make huge amounts of gate money. Keep athletic programs and the OHSAA still capable of funding the 21" 22" school year. Win! Win!, for a bad situation.

Softball,track and baseball can be played in the fall. Give the kids an opportunity to do something. I don't understand why this is so hard. Play a shortened football season in the spring and end it by mid June. Start the following year in September.

Softball,track and baseball can be played in the fall. Give the kids an opportunity to do something. I don't understand why this is so hard. Play a shortened football season in the spring and end it by mid June. Start the following year in September.

Agree to this, but said months ago, won't happen because if things get delayed or cancelled, those sports lose 2 seasons aka half of the high school careers for many players.

OHSAA, will go broke! If we don't play this fall, this is the only option period. Johnny can play tennis and club baseball in the summer. Schools need the funds along with OHSAA to survive. Play in the spring, it might be pretty cool.

Not the worst idea. They would need a contingency that if fall sports still get cancelled then baseball, softball, and track get to play in the spring and not football as someone pointed out. They won't cancel 50% of a kids HS career in those sports if at all possible.

Only issue is CC would need moved to spring as some of those kids do both track and CC.

Let it play out. There's always a risk if kids don't want to take the risk they don't play. The low contact sports are the lowest risk right now so let's play them and see how it goes? If they get cancelled have a contingency plan of in the summer play spring sports. It's a year away they can play one ohsaa season In the summer

Football all is the only thing that keeps the OAC afloat. If there's no football this year, it will destroy D3 football for years to come. The nation is going away from sports management major degrees and moving to a welding degree. If football doesn't happen this fall it will be hard for small school programs to come back. All of these assistant small school coaches, you'd better be finding another profession.

The guidelines are out and like the draft it stipulates "Personnel and students with known exposure to someone with diagnosed or presumed COVID-19 must self-quarantine at home for 14 days." I don't see how you can get around this one. This could cause a lot of cancellations throughout the season.

Last edited:
Whatever. If there has to be a cancellation, then so be it. At least they’re playing.

The guidelines are out and like the draft it stipulates "Personnel and students with known exposure to someone with diagnosed or presumed COVID-19 must self-quarantine at home for 14 days." This could cause a lot of cancellations throughout the season.

Another delay announcement. Not playing their non league opener was to be expected. The next announcement cancels the season. Delay, delay, delay.