Will Cincinnati St. Xavier go winless in 2022?

Will St. Xavier go winless in 2022?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Princeton and Fairfield
Confused Curb Your Enthusiasm GIF

Not this year
Moe. West or possibly Elder
We’ll see. In DI all you have to do is win a few games. Never ever take St X lightly. They improve from week to week and are an opponent that no one wants to draw in the first round of the playoffs.

We’ll see. In DI all you have to do is win a few games. Never ever take St X lightly. They improve from week to week and are an opponent that no one wants to draw in the first round of the playoffs.
I agree and even commented this above. But. They don’t have the horses to run the gauntlet that is R 4

Last edited:
Cmon now 😂 Princeton has beat Anderson and the worst Colerain team in 30 years…. Fairfield vs. Wayne was just ugly football and they beat Middletown. Let’s not start with this yet

Don't recall saying that either of them were going to necessarily take the region...merely that they're both pretty good teams. 🤷‍♂️

Ah I apologize. I thought your comment was regarding the discussion on who would win region 4.
If there’s one thing I’ve learned in two decades of posting here, it’s to never, ever — absolutely, positively not ever — apologize on Yappi.com. (Unless Yappi threatens to ban you. Then act contrite for a few days.)

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

Cmon now 😂 Princeton has beat Anderson and the worst Colerain team in 30 years…. Fairfield vs. Wayne was just ugly football and they beat Middletown. Let’s not start with this yet
Week 5 against West will turn some eyes 👀. Need to stay healthy and continue to spread the ball around

X looked incredibly slow, lethargic and unprepared on Sunday. Don't if it was the travel or what but I give Steve the benefit of the doubt and he will get the most out of what he has. But Moe looks strong and West is very talented.

I never count out St. X. They've come back from the brink far too many times. For a lot of programs, the regular season is a pretty accurate indicator of what their postseason fate will be. However, any private/Catholic D1 can start to get hot and click come week 11 and go on a run that most programs cannot and the Bombers fit this to a T.

I think through coaching and shear will alone, this team wins at least half of their games and will be a factor in the playoffs.

I’m confused about what advantage Princeton has on West… athletes? No. Physicality? No. SOS? No. Coaching? No.
They are comparable in Athletes , they are going to be physical, SOS is the same take out a 0-2 St x team which is not very good . Coaches are even .

They are comparable in Athletes , they are going to be physical, SOS is the same take out a 0-2 St x team which is not very good . Coaches are even .
That St. X team runs for 250 against Princeton though. Yeah St. X drove 5 hours to get whooped by the number 1 team in Illinois, who has a massive O-line and D-line. If Princeton plays St. X any week but week 1, Princeton loses to St. X to be honest 🤷🏾‍♂️ Princeton played a miserable I mean miserable Colerain team and Anderson you can’t act like those are good wins lol

They are a little delusional in Sharonville right now 😂
all kinds of talent in West Chester and still haven’t brought home a state championship in the premier high school sport, Declining District at Princeton and still have better facilities and 3 state championship and probably closer to winning another before West

all kinds of talent in West Chester and still haven’t brought home a state championship in the premier high school sport, Declining District at Princeton and still have better facilities and 3 state championship and probably closer to winning another before West
State Champions in what 78, 83, and 87? Let it go my guy it’s been 30+ years. You haven’t won the GMC outright since 83, win the league before you start talking about State Championships 😂 stop you are embarrassing the rest of the Princeton posters here

Inquiring minds want to know. They are 0-2 after getting their pants pulled down on national TV today, embarrassing every football fan in the state of Ohio in the process.

Here is their remaining schedule:

Friday September 2 7pm Powell Olentangy at StX
Friday September 9 7pm Penn (Mishawaka IN) at StX
Friday September 16 7pm Moeller at StX
Friday September 23 7pm at Elder
Friday September 30 7pm at Louisville Trinity
Friday October 7 7pm at LaSalle
Saturday October 15 2pm St. Ignatius at StX
Friday October 21 7pm Life Christian Academy (South Chesterfield VA)

I don’t see many, if any, wins on that schedule.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …
That might be the most brutal schedule I’ve ever seen. Olentangy should be a win but they play good football with some very good athletes.

You're on fire today brah....keep it up! 🤣

Schedule WW we'll play X we need some get back for 2007
I advocated for this last fall, at the end of last season-- it makes WAAAY more sense for X to be playing Winton Woods than either Mishiwaka Penn or Olentangy Liberty (let alone some team of post-HS rejects from Canada)-- not sure why this game has not been scheduled-- LaSalle, Moeller and Elder have ALL played WW in the regular season in recent years-- if WW is up for the game, X should have been calling last fall.

I’m confused about what advantage Princeton has on West… athletes? No. Physicality? No. SOS? No. Coaching? No.
Princeton has the advantage of NOT having a coach focused on playing his son in the most important position in the game; from what I can see (from a distance), Princeton's coach (from his time at WW) has an imaginative offensive scheme (something Bolden has NEVER had at either Colerain or LW), a solid defensive scheme, and he puts his best athletes in positions to make big/game-winning plays-- not to feature Li'l Johnny who STILL (delusionally) thinks he's going to play QB in some NCAA Division I school... I'd be willing to bet that, with enough years to start vacuuming up talent into the Princeton program, from surrounding districts (the way first Combs, then Bolden, did at Colerain, for decades), Princeton will emerge as not just a challenger to LW-- but eventually superior.

Status
Not open for further replies.