Will Chipper Jones make it to the Hall of Fame?

Chipper Jones to the Hall?

• Total voters

recently

Cooling Off
He's one of the best switch-hitters of all-time. Won an MVP, a batting title late in his career (2008) and was a 7-time All-Star.

So, is he a Hall of Fame player?

Btw, he announced he's retiring at the end of the season, which is why I felt this thread was necessary.

He's definitely first ballot. Compare him to Schmidt Brooks Robinson and George Brett. Chipper's a top 4 hitting 3rd baseman of all time. Wasn't really a liability the first half of his career either. Not to mention I like the guys who stay with 1 team their whole careers. The Jeter's the Rivera's etc.

It's so hard to get in on the first ballot though. He'll definitely get in, but I just don't know if it'll be on the first ballot.

It's so hard to get in on the first ballot though. He'll definitely get in, but I just don't know if it'll be on the first ballot.

He's definitely a HOFer. However his black and grey ink scores aren't overwhelming as he wasnt dominate, so I think a lot of writers will wait at least a year before giving him their vote. So, 2nd ballot probably, definitely on the 3rd, IMO.

Chipper Jones, Babe Ruth, Ted Williams, Stan Musial and Lou Gehrig are the only players in Major League history to record a career .300 batting average with at least 450 homers, 500 doubles, 1,400 walks, a .400 on-base percentage and a .500 slugging percentage.