Why You Can't Always Trust What You Read - The Limits of MileSplit & AthleticNet Databases

I went through to check all the events in Mileslpit and it is still the case that in a third of the events they are missing marks/times for my athletes, so that sprinters may end up incorrectly seeded. And in the HJ and PV there are a couple of marks that do not represent what they can consistently make.

Also, we should all remember that once we put in the entries to go back and remove them and put them back in if they get a new mark that is in the system, so that the new mark will be used. I can't begin to describe how painful that is to my computer science teacher brain.
For all of the conference meets that we do I actually update all the seed marks before I put into the system . There is an option to update seeds at any point in the meet manager side.

For all of the conference meets that we do I actually update all the seed marks before I put into the system . There is an option to update seeds at any point in the meet manager side.
Thanks, that’s good to know. Now we just need the meets to be processed by Milesplit.

I was at a JH Quad that wasn't using a FAT system and some of those athletes are showing up on the Top 50 event lists. How many other meets like this are showing up and is it going to be cleaned up before Wednesday? I doubt it.

Having started this thread and read all that has ensued, I had no idea what a can of worms I'd opened!

We still don't have data from all of our meets loaded in the Milesplit database. I had to manually add athletes which may leave them without marks they earned.