Why the forum change

Lefthook37

Why was the forum changed to this format, liked it the other way I'm old an set in my ways, lets take a vote for or against it

I run private windows and everything I can to cut down the time it takes for pages to load (a must if you read any thread ohiopup posts on). These massive avatars and the general look and spacing make it harder to read and are taking some getting used to, but I assume like most easy things in life, I'll adjust. But to respond to the thread:

1. There's no vote.
2. The reasons were security, not athestics. There are ways to run security checks on any website you visit. They old Yappi had about as low a rating as you could find. In other words, if someone had wanted to, there was nothing they couldn't have found out about you.
3. Generally there are ways to set parameters to change the looks and feel, both from Yappi's and from your end. Instead of having a whiney fit, maybe head on over to the general board and post into the "new software" thread your likes and dislikes. Do this objectively and not like a teenager that had there cell service taken away, you might be heard.

;)

Instead of having a whiney fit, maybe head on over to the general board and post into the "new software" thread your likes and dislikes. Do this objectively and not like a teenager that had there cell service taken away, you might be heard.

I am not having a 'whiney fit'. I am just responding to the question asked!

FWIW I have enjoyed the update/change.

The notifications at the top are fun and handy. Let's you know if someone has replied to a post you have put up.

If you haven't yet, check it out and see if you have been awarded some trophies! The site designers have a good sense of humor!

While I’m not a fan of the current layout purely out of aesthetics and (what I personally perceive to be a lack of) accessibility, I can not fault at all Yappi for making the software change out of the security concerns.

I will miss the old layout, though. I also missed the old layout of JJPuddle, but I learn to grow accustomed to the new face face and enjoyed it soon enough (RIP... but only RIP because of the central Ohio following I enjoyed partaking in.) I’m sure here in a little bit I’ll have acclimated better. In the meantime, time to sit back and enjoy the ride — thanks for looking out in our overall best interests, Yappi and for all that you do!

(P.S. - I already like the fact avatars can be uploaded. I for the life of me never understood why I couldn’t get one loaded for public display on the old site...)

Some tweaks are needed. Clicking a thread should take you to the earliest unread post at worst. Show the number of pages so you can click on one of the more recent ones if you want to refresh yourself of the conversation. Put the page links at the top of the thread and not just the bottom.

This is all for the mobile / tablet view.

Going to take some getting used to but I'll figure it out. So does this mean I can delete my tapatalk app?

The Security reason is more than good enough for me. All the forums will be changing in answer to post # 14.

The new forum website is designed to work on mobile devices without a standalone app. It’s quite good.
Much more streamlined than using the whole site on mobile. But some of the mechanics are different in terms of ease of navigation in mobile.

Why can't we come straight here rather than having to go to the old format and call-up a link to get here?

I run private windows and everything I can to cut down the time it takes for pages to load (a must if you read any thread ohiopup posts on). These massive avatars and the general look and spacing make it harder to read and are taking some getting used to, but I assume like most easy things in life, I'll adjust. But to respond to the thread:

1. There's no vote.
2. The reasons were security, not athestics. There are ways to run security checks on any website you visit. They old Yappi had about as low a rating as you could find. In other words, if someone had wanted to, there was nothing they couldn't have found out about you.
3. Generally there are ways to set parameters to change the looks and feel, both from Yappi's and from your end. Instead of having a whiney fit, maybe head on over to the general board and post into the "new software" thread your likes and dislikes. Do this objectively and not like a teenager that had there cell service taken away, you might be heard.

;)
Wow. Lol He was just asking a simple question.

No problem with site with my computer but I can't get it on my iPad,won't let me log in.I'm old school don't use my phone most of the time on the iPad thank you.

Last edited: