Why do you like/ dislike the NBA?

14Red

The NBA has kind of turned into a all in/ all out for fans. Why is that? Basketball continues to be one of the major sports in the country, in fact, you could say it's second behind the NFL.

Volleyball not any different than many other sports uniforms; cross county, track, wrestling, tennis, lacrosse, swimming....etc. All could be more modest. With that said they cover up a lot more than the typical high school dress code without a uniform requirement.

My daughter has played volleyball for 12+ years (Rec, School, Club and soon to be college). The only teams that I remember wearing anything other than spandex was the rec league when she was 3rd-4th grade and Archbold Middle School.

Many girls wear shorts over their spandex at practice or walking around between games.

Here is the rule from OHSAA.

RULE 4-2-1:
ART. 1 . . . All uniforms shall adhere to the following:

9. Like-colored uniform bottom:
1. Multiple styles of uniform bottoms may be worn by teammates and may include: shorts, spandex, pants or skirts. 2. A visible undergarment may be worn under the uniform bottom. It shall be unadorned and of a single, solid color
similar to the predominant color of the uniform bottom and may extend below the uniform bottom.

Volleyball not any different than many other sports uniforms; cross county, track, wrestling, tennis, lacrosse, swimming....etc. All could be more modest. With that said they cover up a lot more than the typical high school dress code without a uniform requirement.

My daughter has played volleyball for 12+ years (Rec, School, Club and soon to be college). The only teams that I remember wearing anything other than spandex was the rec league when she was 3rd-4th grade and Archbold Middle School.

Many girls wear shorts over their spandex at practice or walking around between games.

Here is the rule from OHSAA.

RULE 4-2-1:
ART. 1 . . . All uniforms shall adhere to the following:

9. Like-colored uniform bottom:
1. Multiple styles of uniform bottoms may be worn by teammates and may include: shorts, spandex, pants or skirts. 2. A visible undergarment may be worn under the uniform bottom. It shall be unadorned and of a single, solid color
similar to the predominant color of the uniform bottom and may extend below the uniform bottom.
Exactly. Astronaut Omar seems to think they must be skin tight

Not the same thing genius.
Show me where volleyball and girls sb must wear skin tight pants.

Ill give you a hint. There is no rule.
I'm not saying they need to be skin tight, I'm saying if one player decides to wear longer shorts, then the whole team would have to wear longer shorts. Also, said shorts would have to be the same brand as the company who designed the uniforms. IE the player couldn't slap on a pair of Under Armour gym shorts if they play for a Nike sponsored school.

Exactly. Astronaut Omar seems to think they must be skin tight
Never said that, in fact I said it was funny bc there's no reason for them to be skin tight. However, I'm sure with the new NIL rules, there's going to be a few volleyball girls that kill it with their Only Fans Accounts.

Flagrant foul - really?

Another example of a call I do not like. I understand if the shooter is going straight up and down and the defender ends up under him.....but Middleton jumped forward on the shot and is just as much at fault as the defender. It is impossible to defend in today's NBA.

Called it. The woke crowd, who doesn’t even pay attention to sports, is going to throw a hissy fit every time a female coach gets passed over. This is why you never mix politics with sports. The people who care more about politics are far louder than the people who care about sports.

View attachment 18312
That's a hissy fit?
If you search the internet long and hard you'll find any dissenting opinion on any topic. Nobody is protesting or calling for Trail Blazer fans to stop supporting the team. Just a statement saying " Some Portland are disappointed "

I'm in my mid 50's and they were talking about soccer in the 70's and 80's being the next big thing. Soccer is like golf, fun to play, bad to watch.
I'm the same age and recall the same prediction. I believe Colin Cowherd summed it up for me
He said our sports calender is too full in the USA to welcome another major sport.
January-NFL & college football platoffs
February. Super Bowl then NBA/NHL start to heat up
March- March madness
April start of MLB
MAY-JUNE. NHL/NBA playoffs heat up
July/Aug. Mlb heating up and start of NFL preseason
Sept til Dec. All football with the World Series in there.
It's gonna take a whole lot more than kneeling and BLM signage to knock one of these leagues out to squeeze soccer in.. They've survived strikes and lockouts. And after a brief period of apathy from fans the strikes and lockouts were largely forgotten.

I'm the same age and recall the same prediction. I believe Colin Cowherd summed it up for me
He said our sports calender is too full in the USA to welcome another major sport.
March- March madness
April start of MLB
It's gonna take a whole lot more than kneeling and BLM signage to knock one of these leagues out to squeeze soccer in.. They've survived strikes and lockouts. And after a brief period of apathy from fans the strikes and lockouts were largely forgotten.
This about sums it up

I'm not saying they need to be skin tight, I'm saying if one player decides to wear longer shorts, then the whole team would have to wear longer shorts. Also, said shorts would have to be the same brand as the company who designed the uniforms. IE the player couldn't slap on a pair of Under Armour gym shorts if they play for a Nike sponsored school.
You are dense.
Must be nice being a slave to a certain manufacturer.......you rally think most HS can only wear one brand?

College volleyball has no restriction that each player must wear the same item for the bottom part of the uniform. Shorts, tights, all permissible.
From a January 2021 match.
minn_vball1.JPG

From the 2020_RuleComparison_NCAA-NFHS-USAV_FINAL:
2020_ncaa_usav_nfhs.JPG

You are dense.
Must be nice being a slave to a certain manufacturer.......you rally think most HS can only wear one brand?
Not HS, but colleges are restricted to the manufacturer that sponsors all of their Athletic teams.
Yah. College. Not HS.

Omar, I am granting you Independence.this weekend. I own you on this site but with your single digit IQ it's become too easy. Feels like I'm fighting a third grader.

So, go young Padawan. Fly free. You are no longer shackled.
Consider this your Independence Day. Consider this your Juneteenth.

You are now free to be an idiot on here without getting schooled by myself.

Happy Independence Day.

You are welcome.

You are dense.

Yah. College. Not HS.

Omar, I am granting you Independence.this weekend. I own you on this site but with your single digit IQ it's become too easy. Feels like I'm fighting a third grader.

So, go young Padawan. Fly free. You are no longer shackled.
Consider this your Independence Day. Consider this your Juneteenth.

You are now free to be an idiot on here without getting schooled by myself.

Happy Independence Day.

You are welcome.
WTF are you talking about? If your school is sponsored by Nike, you can't wear anything with an Adidas logo. I know Quora isn't a great source, but George Wrighster was a former college athlete, so he likely knows what he's talking about.

WTF are you talking about? If your school is sponsored by Nike, you can't wear anything with an Adidas logo. I know Quora isn't a great source, but George Wrighster was a former college athlete, so he likely knows what he's talking about.

How has a full day of me not owning you on here feel?

I'm speaking of HS.and below. College...they are adults and many are receiving goods for services rendered.

No one can give good explanation of 12-18 yr old HS kids slutting it up in their school sponsored team iniforms....other than for pervs like you and prov1

How has a full day of me not owning you on here feel?

I'm speaking of HS.and below. College...they are adults and many are receiving goods for services rendered.

No one can give good explanation of 12-18 yr old HS kids slutting it up in their school sponsored team iniforms....other than for pervs like you and prov1
I’m not talking about HS, I made that clear many times.

March- March madness
April start of MLB
I've often said my sports plate is pretty full. I follow the big 3, football, basketball and baseball, college and pro. I'm all on all of them. There are some conflicts with the NBA end of season/ playoffs, MLB start of season, but for the most part, other than October/ November, almost every day is covered with one of my teams playing. I watch no NASCAR, very little golf or tennis. I don't watch UFC but I know many people do. I'd say it's taken the place of baseball for many more than soccer has. I hear very little people chatter on the street or at work...hey did you see the soccer game last night?

I've often said my sports plate is pretty full. I follow the big 3, football, basketball and baseball, college and pro. I'm all on all of them. There are some conflicts with the NBA end of season/ playoffs, MLB start of season, but for the most part, other than October/ November, almost every day is covered with one of my teams playing. I watch no NASCAR, very little golf or tennis. I don't watch UFC but I know many people do. I'd say it's taken the place of baseball for many more than soccer has. I hear very little people chatter on the street or at work...hey did you see the soccer game last night?
I dont believe I have ever heard those words uttered in my life.
..and you can add "did you see that great soccer play on Sportscenter last night?'

Aint happening.