Why do you like/ dislike the NBA?

14Red

The NBA has kind of turned into a all in/ all out for fans. Why is that? Basketball continues to be one of the major sports in the country, in fact, you could say it's second behind the NFL.

I say this all the time when I watch women's college softball and basketball. Let the women coach and officiate the women, let men coach and officiate the men.
I’m not sure why that’s controversial. You’re not keeping anyone from playing or coaching. Plus, let’s be perfectly blunt, NBA players are notoriously very unwoke when it comes to attitudes towards women. You might have guys publicly say the right things, but in a locker room, all bets are off.

I'd say you'd have to have had at least a college career to earn enough cred. No one challenged Coach K and he's a 5'10"-ish PG for Army with no pro experience at all. Loads of really good coaches have similar stories

I’m not sure why that’s controversial. You’re not keeping anyone from playing or coaching. Plus, let’s be perfectly blunt, NBA players are notoriously very unwoke when it comes to attitudes towards women. You might have guys publicly say the right things, but in a locker room, all bets are off.
My good buddy had a German Shepard. Great dog but every time they would leave for a day it would get into their newborn's diaper bin and destroy a diaper creating a mess when they got home. I would always tell him that you cannot fight 35,000 years of evolution (far longer actually). He never got the dog fixed so if he did get out of his fenced yard he was gone. You cannot fight instincts. Lol.

Having women around NBA and NFL teams is a frigging joke from a couple perspectives. One, they are not qualified (there are 1,000 more qualified coaches) and two they have zero street cred (I think you said that). The two I know of in the NFL are at least lesbians so the guys cannot poach even though a couple will probably still try. Lol. I did see the one for the Browns just got a DUI. Wonder if she keeps her job?

I'm all for fair anything as long as the person can do the job. I will call anyone whatever the F they want to be called. I will respect you and as long as you respect me. But there was a reason women did not serve on the front lines in the military. 99% of women cannot physically do what an average man can. We are different. We have physically different bodies and different hormones running around. We think differently. This notion that women can do anything is BS. They can do most anything but there is a line.

Same with transgender. You can identify as a f$%&ing horse for all I care. But physically you are still a man or a woman so do not expect me to acknowledge you as a horse when it matters. Weird times man. Really weird times.

My good buddy had a German Shepard. Great dog but every time they would leave for a day it would get into their newborn's diaper bin and destroy a diaper creating a mess when they got home. I would always tell him that you cannot fight 35,000 years of evolution (far longer actually). He never got the dog fixed so if he did get out of his fenced yard he was gone. You cannot fight instincts. Lol.

Having women around NBA and NFL teams is a frigging joke from a couple perspectives. One, they are not qualified (there are 1,000 more qualified coaches) and two they have zero street cred (I think you said that). The two I know of in the NFL are at least lesbians so the guys cannot poach even though a couple will probably still try. Lol. I did see the one for the Browns just got a DUI. Wonder if she keeps her job?

I'm all for fair anything as long as the person can do the job. I will call anyone whatever the F they want to be called. I will respect you and as long as you respect me. But there was a reason women did not serve on the front lines in the military. 99% of women cannot physically do what an average man can. We are different. We have physically different bodies and different hormones running around. We think differently. This notion that women can do anything is BS. They can do most anything but there is a line.

Same with transgender. You can identify as a f$%&ing horse for all I care. But physically you are still a man or a woman so do not expect me to acknowledge you as a horse when it matters. Weird times man. Really weird times.
The response to this is always “so a woman could never be a man’s boss?” No, it’s just that sports are a unique situation. There’s an element of physicality & strength that’s required in order to demand respect.

The response to this is always “so a woman could never be a man’s boss?” No, it’s just that sports are a unique situation. There’s an element of physicality & strength that’s required in order to demand respect.
and it is a wonder you are single.
Sexist pig.

Seems like you feel threatened that a woman could actually teach a man something in sports.....
Pro athletes? No, there’s nothing they could teach them. That’s just being honest, none of them played in the League. Becky Hammon never had to post up on a 7 footer, or guard someone like Doncic who can post up and shoot the 3. And I don’t think a male coach could teach a female player much either. The style of play in both leagues are very difft, I’m not sure how you can coach anyone w/o having played in them.

I just said a woman could be a man’s boss, just not in sports. And the reverse is also true.

Pro athletes? No, there’s nothing they could teach them. That’s just being honest, none of them played in the League. Becky Hammon never had to post up on a 7 footer, or guard someone like Doncic who can post up and shoot the 3. And I don’t think a male coach could teach a female player much either. The style of play in both leagues are very difft, I’m not sure how you can coach anyone w/o having played in them.
Did your momma diddle you as a kid and that's how you have such a poor impression of women.

So sexist.

Men should not coach women¿. That Elder education failed you
That’s my opinion. It’s not that women are less than, it’s just as a coach you have to be able to communicate and to communicate effectively, you have to share the same experiences as your players.

That’s my opinion. It’s not that women are less than, it’s just as a coach you have to be able to communicate and to communicate effectively, you have to share the same experiences as your players.
So women cannot communicate with men, and men cannot with women.

Got it.

Thanks for the gender lesson.

I'm sure you make Elder and your parents proud.

So women cannot communicate with men, and men cannot with women.

Got it.

Thanks for the gender lesson.

I'm sure you make Elder and your parents proud.
Not when it comes to sports. Again, how can a man coach softball if he’s never played at the competitive level the girl’s have?

Not when it comes to sports. Again, how can a man coach softball if he’s never played at the competitive level the girl’s have?
I will have to tell my buddy that. He was just COY in the conference. He needs to quit coaching.

Our HOF HS football coach never played football. Hmmm. Wonder how that was possible.

I have to agree with Omar on this one. The NBA is big on “street credibility” and rep. Hammon can never get those things in the eyes of most players. Not going to happen. The world might be getting softer, but I don’t think the hearts and minds of most NBA players are softening that much.

I do not watch NBA and from what I have seen NBA coaches do not coach all they do as a coach is. Sooth feels of the stars they have playing for them and do their best to fill the other spots on the team with players that will feed the stars. If you want to see people coach you have to watch college and if you want to see really out standing coaching that is coaches that seem to work miracles you need to watch some of the high school people coach.

I have to agree with Omar on this one. The NBA is big on “street credibility” and rep. Hammon can never get those things in the eyes of most players. Not going to happen. The world might be getting softer, but I don’t think the hearts and minds of most NBA players are softening that much.
But at the same time, I’m not sure how a former NBA player could communicate with players in the WNBA. I admit, I don’t watch any WNBA, but from what I’m to understand, it’s more reliant on passing & spreading the court, where the NBA is focused on athleticism & physicality.

I haven’t, but a lot of those girls are beefy, so that’s not a great look.
Oh no...the first basemen/catchers...yeah, some of them are on the "big bone" side but many of the pitchers and positions players...............
There are many very fit women, playing softball in what is essentially Yoga pants......