Whose up for the Lakeview Head FB

Hiring a guy who was ran out of his last job is hardly a way of turning around your fortune. You can say he “resigned” but there is much more to the story. I’m sure people can make an argument that he is a good coach and knows football, but i would have my concerns, especially if you watched liberty play in the last few years. If lakeview is content with being 2-8 then it doesn’t matter...if they truly want to turn around their fortune they should take a chance. Unfortunately for them, I don’t know if any successful, established coaches would touch this job with a 20 ft pole, but I could be wrong.
Well done post...

Yep I heard he was hired the next day too. Haven’t had to look for a coach in 22 years and didn’t want to deal with it in the middle of a pandemic . They hired the first guy that walked through the door basically . School board is taking a lot of heat about getting the kids back in school from parents so that’s the main concern right now . Whatever Chet brings to the table is what they’ll get .cant be any worse than last year can it ?

Yep I heard he was hired the next day too. Haven’t had to look for a coach in 22 years and didn’t want to deal with it in the middle of a pandemic . They hired the first guy that walked through the door basically . School board is taking a lot of heat about getting the kids back in school from parents so that’s the main concern right now . Whatever Chet brings to the table is what they’ll get .cant be any worse than last year can it ?
Kid should be in school that’s been wrong since day 1

Wow is that true ? Surprising if it is . There has been another name coming up . He’s a graduate of Lakeview . Currently an assistant for the Kenston Bombers .
Was he on the Kenston staff the year that they won state?

Yes he was and still is currently.
54A03CDD-9913-475A-AD87-0BAFB9F865FE.png

Jaws 31, I'm not Chet, are you.??? The guys got more class than to write about himself as others have probably done here. It's a shame but a head coach does have to balance discipline today or he won't get the players. However with a good, FAIR, balance he could possibly bring back and discourage others from leaving the program if they know the coach can turn the program around. Plus he might even be able to bring in a few talented kids from bigger school who are not playing because of outstanding depth at their position. Anyway, I do think Chet Allen would be a good pick for Lakeview as opposed to someone who left the area and might not want to come back.

Jaws 31, I'm not Chet, are you.??? The guys got more class than to write about himself as others have probably done here. It's a shame but a head coach does have to balance discipline today or he won't get the players. However with a good, FAIR, balance he could possibly bring back and discourage others from leaving the program if they know the coach can turn the program around. Plus he might even be able to bring in a few talented kids from bigger school who are not playing because of outstanding depth at their position. Anyway, I do think Chet Allen would be a good pick for Lakeview as opposed to someone who left the area and might not want to come back.
He has to be able to get an interview, which as of yet he hasn't been able to do. He might not get one from what I've heard.

He has to be able to get an interview, which as of yet he hasn't been able to do. He might not get one from what I've heard.
You seem to be “in”. You know who actually got an interview or are you familiar with what’s going on with Allen?

Just heard from a reliable source 42 people yes 42 people applied for the job., including 3 Lakeview graduates .that must be what the hold up is .I will admit I was wrong that Chet Allen was hired the next day .I now doubt he will get the job .42 people is jaw dropping though

Just heard from a reliable source 42 people yes 42 people applied for the job., including 3 Lakeview graduates .that must be what the hold up is .I will admit I was wrong that Chet Allen was hired the next day .I now doubt he will get the job .
That is a big number. I know of 2 people they are interviewing, both assistants from local schools

I would love to see the list . I don’t know if I believe it myself , info came from a current assistant . He’s baffled himself

You seem to be “in”. You know who actually got an interview or are you familiar with what’s going on with Allen?
Not exactly "in" but I hear the scuttlebutt. I heard a couple names. Someone said 42 applied. That is crazy.

Do you have a list of candidates? Maybe the interviews are scheduled to satisfy the "School" process. I believe Allen was interviewed "way before" the interview process started. Possibly before "Pav" left?

Do you have a list of candidates? Maybe the interviews are scheduled to satisfy the "School" process. I believe Allen was interviewed "way before" the interview process started. Possibly before "Pav" left?
No I do not. I can tell you that Allen has not been interviewed and is pretty dismayed that he hasn't. At least as of a couple days ago.

No I do not. I can tell you that Allen has not been interviewed and is pretty dismayed that he hasn't. At least as of a couple days ago.
If what is being said about him is true it’s alarming. And it’s not like he set the world on fire in liberty. Even the year they had a good record they still weren’t a good team.

Any updates on other guys receiving an interview? You would think that they want to do this process quickly, so they can get someone in