152: Scott Vaughn- sp/finalist
160: Clint Carmony- sp/finalist
170: Colt Sponseller- 3x sp/ 3x champ
182: Josh Baldrige
195: Marc Akam
220: Derek McCluggage
285: Tyler Hawkins- 2x sp/ champ
Colt never wrestled close to 170 in HS

I would think he would fit where Clint was listed, though both were All-Americans in college, Clint was from Wooster, Colt was a lifetime Knight, not sure who'd you put at 170...just for conversation, no horse in this race....

Last edited:
Ashland Crestview

106- Reggie Johnson (2x State Champ)
113- Alec Durbin (SQ)
120- Clay Eagle (4th)
126- Dakota Blanton (7th & 8th)
132- Malvon Lemaster (6th)
138- Steve Eagle (SQ)
145- Wyatt Music (3rd & 7th) (Won State Title at Ashland H.S.)
152- Nick Hall (SQ), Pilot Park (SQ)
160- Ryan Cover (4th)
170- Hunter Reed (State Champ & Runner-up), Tim Whisler (3rd)
182- Jeremy Stevens (2nd), Justin Cheeseman (6th)
195- Logan Campbell (3rd); Josh Barker (4th & 5th)
220- Ron Stallard (Runner-up), Joe Whistler (8th)
285- Caden Hill (#1 in the State 2020), Clint Endicott (7th & Runner-up); Ryan Steward (7th)

Ashland Crestview

106- Reggie Johnson (2x State Champ)
113- Alec Durbin (SQ)
120- Clay Eagle (4th)
126- Dakota Blanton (7th & 8th)
132- Malvon Lemaster (6th)
138- Steve Eagle (SQ)
145- Wyatt Music (3rd & 7th) (Won State Title at Ashland H.S.)
152- Nick Hall (SQ), Pilot Park (SQ)
160- Ryan Cover (4th)
170- Hunter Reed (State Champ & Runner-up), Tim Whisler (3rd)
182- Jeremy Stevens (2nd), Justin Cheeseman (6th)
195- Logan Campbell (3rd); Josh Barker (4th & 5th)
220- Ron Stallard (Runner-up), Joe Whistler (8th)
285- Caden Hill (#1 in the State 2020), Clint Endicott (7th & Runner-up); Ryan Steward (7th)
Seth Batdorf could be another name to add at 152, as I believe that was his final weight class. After his freshman year, I thought he had a chance to eventually be a state champ, but that obviously didn’t happen.

Seth Batdorf could be another name to add at 152, as I believe that was his final weight class. After his freshman year, I thought he had a chance to eventually be a state champ, but that obviously didn’t happen.

He was definitely a very good wrestler and had a lot of potential but was a lighter weight when we qualified for State and didn't place which was the only time he qualified. Hard to put him ahead of anyone on that list from 120-132lbs. with those credentials but talent wise, no doubt he could have been.

Interesting how people talk all the time about the transfers at typically bigger schools, quite a few of the Crestview guys were not home grown, one transferred 3x when getting to HS. I'm guessing 30 yrs ago this didn't happen as much, love seeing kids stay at their home schools.

...then again, maybe first name was Tim and he went on to grow to 6'11 and play basketball for the San Antonio Spurs...:)

Cin. Oak Hills

106 - Bill Von Allmen --- SP 5th
113 - Justin Wilcox --- 4x SP (5th, 5th, 2nd & 3rd) / NCAA-I Qualifier (Edinboro)
120 - Mark Townsley --- SP 5th / NCAA-I Qualifier (Miami)
126 - John Steele --- State Champ & Runner-up
132 - Eric Meyer --- 2x SP (7th & 3rd)
138 - Chris Brennan --- SP 3rd
145 - Dylan Roth --- SP 4th / NCAA-III All-American (Heidelberg)
152 - Richie Hinton --- SP 3rd
160 - Greg Strochinsky --- SP 4th
171 - Mark Elliott --- 2x SP (2nd & 3rd)
189 - Andy Menninger --- SP 4th
195 - Mike Emmerson --- 2x SP (3rd & 5th)
220 - Logan Andriot --- SQ
285 - Bob Lehman --- SQ
I would replace Chris Brennan (Elder Transfer) with Vince Kuntz SP 5th

When I was head coach at Marlington I had this printed on T-shirts and sold as a fundraiser. It went very well. I think it is through about 2009.

Attachments

• 15929287989424057123277247672717.jpg
    15929287989424057123277247672717.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 101
For the most part it was accolades (state placement etc.). There was no "voting" or really even a committee. I had been at the school for nearly 20 years at that time (nearly 30 now) and simply sought out advice and history from several folks who had been there before me. All of the first-teamers were, at the very least, a state-qualifier.....most were high placers. If a wrestler was a state qualifier he was automatically placed on the second team. On an interesting note, I actually had a very old woman contact me to tell me that she had heard I was putting this project together and wanted to make sure I had her son on the team. She said he was very good and she believed he was our school's first state-qualifier in the mid 1960s before he was killed in Vietnam. As I'm sure you know, information from that time is sketchy at best and our school had just added wrestling back then. I could find no information whatsoever on him. My entire purpose in this project was to promote our program, recognize past greats, and raise a little money. To that end, I added him to the second team and sent her a free t-shirt. A few weeks later I got a heart-felt thank you note. Regardless of any potential inaccuracy on the t-shirt, I felt I did the right thing and would do it again in a heartbeat.

For the most part it was accolades (state placement etc.). There was no "voting" or really even a committee. I had been at the school for nearly 20 years at that time (nearly 30 now) and simply sought out advice and history from several folks who had been there before me. All of the first-teamers were, at the very least, a state-qualifier.....most were high placers. If a wrestler was a state qualifier he was automatically placed on the second team. On an interesting note, I actually had a very old woman contact me to tell me that she had heard I was putting this project together and wanted to make sure I had her son on the team. She said he was very good and she believed he was our school's first state-qualifier in the mid 1960s before he was killed in Vietnam. As I'm sure you know, information from that time is sketchy at best and our school had just added wrestling back then. I could find no information whatsoever on him. My entire purpose in this project was to promote our program, recognize past greats, and raise a little money. To that end, I added him to the second team and sent her a free t-shirt. A few weeks later I got a heart-felt thank you note. Regardless of any potential inaccuracy on the t-shirt, I felt I did the right thing and would do it again in a heartbeat.
Thanks for sharing; I'm a veteran and putting his name on the shirt like you did will allow his memory to continue( wrestling is the closest knit sport/ a fraternity).

Your team looks good to me. I remember Al Raber well. Actually have a bunch of old photos at a scrimmage with him and Marcus (my son) wrestling around. If he could have only figured out that left handed head and arm in the state finals. It was a great match though. Thanks for all you do mrroosevelt. Too bad right now it looks like my grandsons will be at W Branch.

Wow FF!! I can't believe you remember the problem we (Raber) had with Roger Williams being left-handed!! That, my friend, is the definition of a wrestling "guru"!! Thanks for your kind words. There's nothing wrong with your grandsons (hopefully) wrestling at West Branch. I have much respect for their program for many reasons.......not the least of which is that I wrestled there over 30 years ago!! Take care my friend!!

Highland (Medina)

106 Todd Hill 3x qualifier 2nd, 3rd,
113 Jeff Letzner SC, 2nd, 5th
120 Jesse Leng 2x SC
126 Rick Burton 2x SC, 4th, 4th
132 Shawn Skinner SC / Dan Mirman 2nd, 4th
138 Tim Timmons SC, 2nd, 2nd/ Dave Cavanaugh SC
145 Tom Cavanaugh SC
152 Jeff Miller SC, 2nd
160 Dave Gangle SC, 6th
170 Mike Ciammaichella SC, 2nd
182 Don Tomko 2x SC
195 Adam Kluk 3rd, 5th, 7th
220 Tyler Houska SC, 2nd
HWT Jim Richter 2nd

The guy(s) you choose don't have to be all world, just as some programs have a guy or 2 who had bad breaks, health, or stuff that didn't allow him to shine( like Fairfield, if you know Jason Laflin then you know how good Eric Laflin was).
Not only was Eric Laflin was really good...he was mean! We had some battles!

Fairfield kids could be out-athleted and sometimes overpowered, but I almost never saw a Fairfield lightweight outslicked. Very well coached.

Fairfield kids could be out-athleted and sometimes overpowered, but I almost never saw a Fairfield lightweight outslicked. Very well coached.
Some schools had a nitch for developing great quarterbacks or defense backs just like some are good for middleweights and upperweights.