• #6 PROCTORVILLE FAIRLAND (22-4)

• #1 BALTIMORE LIBERTY UNION (24-5)

• #1 CIN. HILLS CHRISTIAN ACAD. (20-1)

• #7 SPRINGFIELD NORTHEASTERN (9-7)?

• #2 READING (22-7)

• #3 ST. BERNARD ROGER BACON (18-7)

• #6 WEST LAFAYETTE RIDGEWOOD (9-6)?

Results are only viewable after voting.

A CHCA/Eastwood state semifinal matchup would be interesting.

Liberty Union has the best pitcher left and they will be tough to beat when he is on the mound.

Eastwood had been giving up less than a run a game while scoring over 10.
Wanna say 22-23 of their games they gave up 1 or less runs.

Props to OH
Saw Ottawa Hills in the first high school baseball game/scrimmage of the year against Defiance in Florida. Those boys can flat out play! When they play their A game they can beat anyone. Are they the team to beat now that Eastwood and CHCA are out?

Saw Ottawa Hills in the first high school baseball game/scrimmage of the year against Defiance in Florida. Those boys can flat out play! When they play their A game they can beat anyone. Are they the team to beat now that Eastwood and CHCA are out?

I'd imagine so.

Tough break for Eastwood. 5 regional appearances in the last 11 seasons is very impressive (and 4 in the last 6 seasons). Shows you how hard it is to make a final four.

I'd imagine so.

Tough break for Eastwood. 5 regional appearances in the last 11 seasons is very impressive (and 4 in the last 6 seasons). Shows you how hard it is to make a final four.
And then they fall to Edison. You just never know. You have to bring your A game every single time out, or you will be sitting at home.

Good luck to Roger Bacon this weekend in Akron. The team is practicing at STVM in the Costigan Baseball Facility and at the football stadium.

Waynedale vs Edison in the finals.

Waynedale knocked off Liberty Union, who threw the #1 player in the state (#8-ranked pitcher nationally per PBR) and scored 4 runs off of him.

Edison knocked off Roger Bacon in an 8 inning thriller where both teams had lots of opportunities but defense and clutch pitching ruled the day until Edison broke through for 3 runs in the 8th.

Should be a good one Saturday!

Batter touched 1B. 1B runner touched 2nd. 3B runner touched home. Runner coming from 2B didn't even come CLOSE to touching 3B and in fact, pulled up WELL short.

Does that mean that had the defense properly appealed the play, the runner would have been ruled out and the game would have advanced to the 9th inning?

I am genuinely asking this because I don't know the rule.

Batter touched 1B. 1B runner touched 2nd. 3B runner touched home. Runner coming from 2B didn't even come CLOSE to touching 3B and in fact, pulled up WELL short.

Does that mean that had the defense properly appealed the play, the runner would have been ruled out and the game would have advanced to the 9th inning?

Ad you describe I think so but we'll wait for the expert to answer.

Wanna say that happened in a WS game during the black and white days, or at least a post season game. Recall seeing or reading about the fans on the field and the defense finally geting the force out.

In an instance like this we always ol the players to advance to the next base to take away the force out

Just saw video of the game winning hit and in my opinion you’re both right. If Edison ever got the ball to 3rd they could have gotten the force out and sent the game to the 9th. I’m almost shocked nobody noticed in real time. The force would’ve negated the winning run from counting, I really can’t believe there wasn’t even a fan or educated dad in the stands watching and pointing it out.

Just saw video of the game winning hit and in my opinion you’re both right. If Edison ever got the ball to 3rd they could have gotten the force out and sent the game to the 9th. I’m almost shocked nobody noticed in real time. The force would’ve negated the winning run from counting, I really can’t believe there wasn’t even a fan or educated dad in the stands watching and pointing it out.
If you notice, the umpires realized what happened and took their sweet time leaving the field. They gave Edison every chance in the world to appeal the play.

All initiated by defensive team legally appealing the touch or re-touch of a base.
Within what time frame do you have to do it? Do you lose the right to appeal if even ONE player leaves the field or do you retain that right until ALL players leave the field?

Yes

Within what time frame do you have to do it? Do you lose the right to appeal if even ONE player leaves the field or do you retain that right until ALL players leave the field?
On a "game ending" play, as long as one umpire is still on the field the appeal is valid.