• #1 HAMILTON BADIN (23-6)

Votes: 20 35.1%
  • #2 DELAWARE BUCKEYE VALLEY (18-4)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • #1 EATON (20-5-1)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

I voted for Defiance, but blunders on the base paths today ruined an outstanding outing by senior Jayden Jerger! Badin is my pick now.

Badin wins 6-0 over Taylor
Buckeye Valley was leading 2-0 early, what league are the Barons in?

Heard some great things about a pitcher from Eaton from an umpire.
Eaton pitcher was very good--only gave up 2 hits, but one was a solo HR. Buckeye Valley pitcher Choe was just as effective going all 7 yielding 2 hits and just the one run. Good solid match-up.

That said I think Badin will be very tough for Buckeye Valley to handle today unless BV has a #2 pitcher who can do what Choe did yesterday to Eaton---Badin used Copenhaver yesterday in the 6-0 shutout and comes right back today with Rawlings who is 9-0 with a 0.59 ERA and is their top pitcher. Badin bats rung up double digit hits as well vs. Taylor. The Rams are really, really good!!

It's tourney baseball so you never know what can happen in one game!

Eaton pitcher was very good--only gave up 2 hits, but one was a solo HR. Buckeye Valley pitcher Choe was just as effective going all 7 yielding 2 hits and just the one run. Good solid match-up.

That said I think Badin will be very tough for Buckeye Valley to handle today unless BV has a #2 pitcher who can do what Choe did yesterday to Eaton---Badin used Copenhaver yesterday in the 6-0 shutout and comes right back today with Rawlings who is 9-0 with a 0.59 ERA and is their top pitcher. Badin bats rung up double digit hits as well vs. Taylor. The Rams are really, really good!!

It's tourney baseball so you never know what can happen in one game!
I said before the season started there was no one in this region that could beat Badin. Obviously Buckeye Valley is a Columbus area squad but this is one of the best if not the best Badin team I have seen in my more than 40 years around the program. Two absolute hammers at the top of the rotation and solid across the board with D1 commits up the middle in Nugent, Vidourek and Moore. There is very little drop off when you get into their relief arms as well. Vidourek can be brought in pumping 90+. I saw them lose to Moeller early in the season and thought they were as good if not better than the Crusaders. Since being 10-5 in late April they have won 15 of 16 games which is precisely how it should be-improve as the season progresses-with wins over Elder, Mason, Lakota West and Hamilton in that string of games.
Having said all of that, you still have to play the game.

I said before the season started there was no one in this region that could beat Badin. Obviously Buckeye Valley is a Columbus area squad but this is one of the best if not the best Badin team I have seen in my more than 40 years around the program. Two absolute hammers at the top of the rotation and solid across the board with D1 commits up the middle in Nugent, Vidourek and Moore. There is very little drop off when you get into their relief arms as well. Vidourek can be brought in pumping 90+. I saw them lose to Moeller early in the season and thought they were as good if not better than the Crusaders. Since being 10-5 in late April they have won 15 of 16 games which is precisely how it should be-improve as the season progresses-with wins over Elder, Mason, Lakota West and Hamilton in that string of games.
Do the majority of those Hamilton Westside Little League kids generally attend Badin for High School?

Do the majority of those Hamilton Westside Little League kids generally attend Badin for High School?
No. The majority go to Hamilton HS though somehow WSLL has been getting a number of kids from Ross Twp in the league now. I do not know of a kid in their lineup that may have played at WSLL. Yesterdays SP Rawlings came from St Peters grade school which would make him a probable wsll kid. Twenty or so years ago the student body at Badin came almost exclusively from the Hamilton/Fairfield area. That is no longer the case.

That’s pretty strong coming from someone with your experience! This may be the year they take that dang trophy after coming close so many times. Would be very ironic if they met Chardon in the finals. Go Rams

Interesting game. Not particularly well-played with lots of hit batters and errors in this game. Chardon up 8-5 right now in the top of the 7th.

Chardon 8, Hoban 5 Final

Game ends on a hump back line drive to the 3rd baseman and throw to 1st base for the double play.

Funny thing is: Hilltoppers played their worst game of the tournament. Misplayed a fly ball and a pop up. Very reliable kid threw away a routine ground ball. Five errors. Chardon starting pitcher who normally throws low to mid 80's couldn't hit 75 due to midweek leg injury. Was lifted but came back to pitch the 6th and 7th to get the save. Strangest game. But Hilltopper offense puts pressure on pitchers top to bottom and their philosophy is to never give away an at bat. Make the other pitcher earn all 21 outs. They did that last night and, in the end, it led to a big inning like it has on numerous occasions this year. Only the second public school in Ohio history to win both football and baseball in the same year.