• Richmond Heights (17-4)

Votes: 43 53.1%
  • Columbus Grove (24-2)

Votes: 22 27.2%
  • New Boston Glenwood (24-2)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

The Dock

I never did see anybody actually follow up on this comment and say where everyone was originally from.
Post #44, man!

“of their 6 players that play

Voiers brothers - South Webster
Sexton (best player) - Sciotoville East / Portsmouth
Jackson - Lucasville Valley then Portsmouth and maybe even Sciotoville East
Clark - Lucasville Valley
Jones - Portsmouth I believe

Half of those kids did spend a couple elementary years at New Boston, though. And all of them played AAU for the same program which I would imagine influenced their decision to play together these last 2 years

I would also imagine they’re one of the few schools in all of Ohio that has a higher CB than they do male enrollment”

h/t @bbjunky81

Just for that oversight, I get to loot your house Carl.

Insane92

Post #44, man!

Half of those kids did spend a couple elementary years at New Boston, though. And all of them played AAU for the same program which I would imagine influenced their decision to play together these last 2 years

I would also imagine they’re one of the few schools in all of Ohio that has a higher CB than they do male enrollment”

h/t @bbjunky81

You're the man, The Dock! That is pretty incredible that they all came together for the last two years to play.

LouHoltz

Post #44, man!

h/t @bbjunky81

Yep it was a “put together” team lol. My work used to take me through Scioto County and they are a little unpopular down that way. Pretty high CB!!!!

The Dock

You're the man, The Dock! That is pretty incredible that they all came together for the last two years to play.
They had another kid from last year’s team that came from Columbus I believe.

Not to crap on NB Glenwood, but it had been widely posted and inferred on the SEO forum for a couple years that their team composition was... less-than-ethical. But on the flip-side, I guess no one ever thought to write a letter to Roselea Pl in Columbus saying “hey, check this out.” Probably because they didn’t want to hurt the kids. IDK. I’m still in disbelief they won a particular regular season game because a kid on the other team biffed up the outlet pass in the closing seconds of the game.

LouHoltz

They had another kid from last year’s team that came from Columbus I believe.

Not to crap on NB Glenwood, but it had been widely posted and inferred on the SEO forum for a couple years that their team composition was... less-than-ethical. But on the flip-side, I guess no one ever thought to write a letter to Roselea Pl in Columbus saying “hey, check this out.” Probably because they didn’t want to hurt the kids. IDK. I’m still in disbelief they won a regular season game in particular because a kid on the other team biffed up the outlet pass in the closing seconds of the game.
Dock, I think there has been a ton of controversy down that way.....but as you know proving it can be difficult and sometimes the ohsaa just doesn’t want to mess with things...ask Deer Park!

The Dock

Dock, I think there has been a ton of controversy down that way.....but as you know proving it can be difficult and sometimes the ohsaa just doesn’t want to mess with things...ask Deer Park!
Not only is proving it difficult, but IIRC it can get really expensive to do that work. And, if I'm not mistaken, there just isn't much of a framework in place with OHSAA to do full-scale investigations.

LouHoltz

Not only is proving it difficult, but IIRC it can get really expensive to do that work. And, if I'm not mistaken, there just isn't much of a framework in place with OHSAA to do full-scale investigations.
I was just basically saying many were dogging Richmond Heights and New Boston had put there team together the same way. Not a fan of it whatsoever but its the world in which we live and that is why I respect some schools and coaches a little more than others. Should be a great game Sunday morning.

BigLex

Should be a good d4 finale. Glenwood played head and shoulders better today than their 2 regional games. And Grove was off today I would say.

bsee54321

Should be a good d4 finale. Glenwood played head and shoulders better today than their 2 regional games. And Grove was off today I would say.
I mentioned on the SEO board that New Boston was going to have to step it up to be able to win against Columbus Grove. They were making a big deal of beating Grandview Hts and Berlin Hiland in the Regionals but GH and BH had very little expectations coming into the season and yes make it to the Regionals but were not the as good as they have been the last couple years. This year New Boston would have lost to last years Grandview Hts and Berlin Hiland teams IMO.

cknights

Shelby county vs. Putnam county for the D4 state championship. As the good Lord commanded.
Home grown kids. Not an all star team. Predictable. Good luck to both. Grove wins this one. Capping an incredible campaign from some scrappy seniors. Sans a horrid injury, grove could have two championships this year. Lost a great athlete who was going to work in the football state championship. Glad the young man made it back for a run at state basketball.