Who will new new Ignatius Coach?

I'm sure Iggy has hundreds of candidates better then Chet Mason. They have lofty goals at Iggy - getting out of districts is one if them. Chet can't help them accomplish that.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Sport Forums smart

Just moments ago Coach Mason annouced on Twitter that he has decided to stay at Brush and declined a generous offer from St. Ignatius. He stated, "I love my situation right now. I'm in a good space right now and my Family is Good."

What a great thing for the SE-Lyndhurst School District. I never thought I'd see the day when the Brush basketball job was more coveted than the St. Ignatius job.

Just moments ago Coach Mason annouced on Twitter that he has decided to stay at Brush and declined a generous offer from St. Ignatius. He stated, "I love my situation right now. I'm in a good space right now and my Family is Good."

He didn’t mention Ignatius or a ‘generous offer’. And to his credit, nor should he have.

Last edited:
You mean Arc posted something that was not true - shocking

You mean Arc posted something that was not true - shocking

Please take your trolling somewhere else. The tweet clearly is directed at this situation and Arc told you he was involved in this job from the beginning.

If you want to start a thread thanking the Hawken administration for hiring a Flannery assistant over Coach Babe then go ahead, but please do not hijack this thread also.

Understand the school administration is still in the interview stage of the process. There were a very large # of applicants that has been pared down to a manageable group to interview. Don’t think they are down to a “short list” yet. Decision anticipated sometime in May.

There are formal interviews going on and then there are informal interviews taking place. I can tell you that at least one highly successful WRC coach with a recent track record for developing D1 talent has been contacted.

There are formal interviews going on and then there are informal interviews taking place. I can tell you that at least one highly successful WRC coach with a recent track record for developing D1 talent has been contacted.

Haha. "Informal." Haha. OK. According to said highly successful WRC (self-promoting coach)? Is all of this included in his self-created documentary on himself? So all of the rest of us can learn from him.

BTW, was there a Brinks truck involved?

The longer this thing goes the more nervous I become with the possibility of Coach Mason departing. Has anyone heard of any other candidates that have been contacted by someone at St. Ignatius at this point? Oy, if he were to leave we would have a major hole to fill.

Brush was a cute story this year, can't wait for reality to set in. Why would any coach stay at Brush if there was another job open?

Brush was a cute story this year, can't wait for reality to set in. Why would any coach stay at Brush if there was another job open?

Great question and fortunately for you I have an answer. Brush is building an absolute powerhouse in athletics. There is a talent pool there that is unlike anywhere else in the city at this time, including St. Ignatius. The administration has supported athletics with 100% certainty and has been willing to help at every possible turn. I would hope that Coach Mason has recognizes how great he has it and doesn't fall victim to the overtures of some distinguished alumni at St. Ignatius. I'm told, however, that St. Ignatius has sweetened the pot a bit more by offering Coach Mason the head golf coach job as a way to make some additional money. I can't see this being a deciding factor but you never know.

Then longer this thing draws out the more concerned I am that Coach Mason has reconsidered. Has anyone heard absolutely anything out of the Ignatius regarding their coaching hire?

Chet isnt involved there at all. Iggy is making a mess of this entire process. Near 20 applicants. Skype interviews. Second round interviews instead of just hiring the best guy. Power struggle between decision makers is this a disaster. Everyone knows who they should hire and give him whatever he wants. That would then lead to the Solon job opening

Chet isnt involved there at all. Iggy is making a mess of this entire process. Near 20 applicants. Skype interviews. Second round interviews instead of just hiring the best guy. Power struggle between decision makers is this a disaster. Everyone knows who they should hire and give him whatever he wants. That would then lead to the Solon job opening
WHAAAAAAATTTT?!?!?!?

Are you suggesting that a school like Iggy would rather take a coach that led his team to the
STATE FINALS over a guy that led his team to the
DISTRICT FINALS???

Have they not talked to brusharc1986?
You know. Brinks truck. Being enticed by influential Iggy alums. Doesn't have to interview... the job's his. He's turned it down 20 or 30 times by now...just look at his twitter feed. There must be some mistake.

WHAAAAAAATTTT?!?!?!?

Are you suggesting that a school like Iggy would rather take a coach that led his team to the
STATE FINALS over a guy that led his team to the
DISTRICT FINALS???

Have they not talked to brusharc1986?
You know. Brinks truck. Being enticed by influential Iggy alums. Doesn't have to interview... the job's his. He's turned it down 20 or 30 times by now...just look at his twitter feed. There must be some mistake.

:dang: