Who will Cincinnati get for head coach?

JUSTGOPLAY

Satterfield didn't have the guts to tell his team in person that he was leaving.

I remember how butthurt UC fans and players were when Brian Kelly slipped out the back door during our football banquet and headed up to South Bend. Three weeks before the Sugar Bowl, Tim Tebow and Urban Meyer's final game with Florida, and ole BK didn't even say kiss my arse on his way out the back door. UC fans and players moaned and cried and called Kelly all sorts of bad names and stuff for months. It seems to be standard operating procedure whenever a coach bolts unexpectedly.

adselder09

I remember how butthurt UC fans and players were when Brian Kelly slipped out the back door during our football banquet and headed up to South Bend. Three weeks before the Sugar Bowl, Tim Tebow and Urban Meyer's final game with Florida, and ole BK didn't even say kiss my arse on his way out the back door. UC fans and players moaned and cried and called Kelly all sorts of bad names and stuff for months. It seems to be standard operating procedure whenever a coach bolts unexpectedly.
Yep agreed. Fickell did meet with the team before he left but people still aren't happy with his abrupt departure and interviewing while another conference title and NY6 game were in reach.

In regards to BK, that situation was a little different than than the one with Satterfield and Louisville. I'm not condoning leaving without meeting with your former players, because I think that's wrong, but that Bearcat team was undefeated and was one second away, one missed FG away from being in the BCS National Championship. I think people feel more slighted in the fact that he left that team high and dry before the biggest game in Bearcat football history to that point, moreso than him sneaking out and not saying anything

brianwr112

100 miles away and only had 1 Cincinnati guy on his roster. He’s supposed to keep the local connection? Be interesting to see what his staff ends up being. Does either Gino or Combs stay?

JUSTGOPLAY

Yep agreed. Fickell did meet with the team before he left but people still aren't happy with his abrupt departure and interviewing while another conference title and NY6 game were in reach.

In regards to BK, that situation was a little different than than the one with Satterfield and Louisville. I'm not condoning leaving without meeting with your former players, because I think that's wrong, but that Bearcat team was undefeated and was one second away, one missed FG away from being in the BCS National Championship. I think people feel more slighted in the fact that he left that team high and dry before the biggest game in Bearcat football history to that point, moreso than him sneaking out and not saying anything
BK's departure really stung.....Maybe it was the ESPN footage of him Slipping out the backdoor at the banquet, hopping in the black Escalade and speeding away. Everybody was like WTF? Is he leaving?

JUSTGOPLAY

100 miles away and only had 1 Cincinnati guy on his roster. He’s supposed to keep the local connection? Be interesting to see what his staff ends up being. Does either Gino or Combs stay?
Luke really locked down Cincinnati.....unless you were Ohio State, you weren't getting the Cincinnati guys he wanted. Gino was one of my all time favorite Bearcats, but his value to the coaching staff might be a little over rated. Coombs will be in charge of Ohio recruiting, he's a young 62 and still has plenty left in the tank. Satterfield's had luck getting dudes out of Georgia and Florida using bags of NIL money. That's the future of college football recruiting.