Who will be the top teams in Central Ohio in 2022?

I think Central will be the best of the three. They have some solid players. Cullen Hassel (Ashland), Brad Leonard, Jason Boller (Chattam), Luka George, Parker Tomlin (Ohio Wesleyan).

South lost a lot of talent. Brayden White, Matthew Bame, Logan Hunn, Andrew Collinsworth and some others.

North went .500 last year. I saw them play once. They were an average high school team but PBR says they have 6 starters coming back. The downside is they only have 2 pitchers with experience.

I think baseball is really going to struggle for numbers the next 4-5 years. I talked to a guy today that says all the Dublin middle schools are thinking about scrapping it or combining schools so they have enough players. That's not good news for the high schools.
Feel like numbers are down across the board.

Situation in Dublin will be interesting with a new high school on the horizon as well...

Feel like numbers are down across the board.

Situation in Dublin will be interesting with a new high school on the horizon as well...
Wow, I didn't know they were building another high school in Dublin, that's crazy. Where will it be at and when?

I think Central will be the best of the three. They have some solid players. Cullen Hassel (Ashland), Brad Leonard, Jason Boller (Chattam), Luka George, Parker Tomlin (Ohio Wesleyan).

South lost a lot of talent. Brayden White, Matthew Bame, Logan Hunn, Andrew Collinsworth and some others.

North went .500 last year. I saw them play once. They were an average high school team but PBR says they have 6 starters coming back. The downside is they only have 2 pitchers with experience.

I think baseball is really going to struggle for numbers the next 4-5 years. I talked to a guy today that says all the Dublin middle schools are thinking about scrapping it or combining schools so they have enough players. That's not good news for the high schools.
Good info. I agree WC will probaly be the best of the Westerville schools. Last years WS team was a veteran group, very well coached and a very good group of seniors on that team.

Wow, I didn't know they were building another high school in Dublin, that's crazy. Where will it be at and when?
Nothing confirmed as of now, but the district is going to have some tough decisions to make...

Jerome is projected to have over 3K students by 2029 with Coffman and Scioto right around 1,500

Even with a 25 Million Dollar Addition opening up in the fall of 2023 at Jerome, they will still not be able to withstand the massive influx of houses and developments in the Northwest Part of the City.

Speaking of Dublin, I saw that Dublin Coffman Pitching Coach Dave Meikrantz was named the HC at Delaware Hayes yesterday...
Nice easy transition for him as I believe he currently works in the Delaware School District.

PBR Pre-Season TOP 50 Division 1 (Central Ohio)

5. New Albany
6. Olentangy Orange
10. Hilliard Darby
11. Grove City
13. Lancaster
18. Olentangy Liberty
21. Olentangy Berlin
27. Upper Arlington
28. Olentangy
33. Gahanna
43. Pickerington North
44. Canal Winchester
48. Westerville Central
49. Dublin Jerome
50. Dublin Scioto

Last edited:

5. New Albany
6. Olentangy Orange
10. Hilliard Darby
11. Grove City
13. Lancaster
18. Olentangy Liberty
21. Olentangy Berlin
27. Upper Arlington
28. Olenatngy
33. Gahanna
43. Pickerington North
44. Canal Winchester
48. Westerville Central
49. Dublin Jerome
50. Dublin Scioto
Olentangy Orange #6? Typo maybe?

Olentangy Orange #6? Typo maybe?
I think its probably just right...

Teams ahead of them like Walsh Jesuit, Mason, Moeller and St. Iggy are much deeper IMO.

I think Hilliard Darby at 10 was a little surprising to see...

Would've liked to see Olentangy Liberty at #18 a little higher as well.

5. New Albany
6. Olentangy Orange
10. Hilliard Darby
11. Grove City
13. Lancaster
18. Olentangy Liberty
21. Olentangy Berlin
27. Upper Arlington
28. Olentangy
33. Gahanna
43. Pickerington North
44. Canal Winchester
48. Westerville Central
49. Dublin Jerome
50. Dublin Scioto
Early season Riser:

Olentangy Braves

Early Season Fall:

Hilliard Darby

Reactions: WTD
Early season Riser:

Olentangy Braves

Early Season Fall:

Hilliard Darby

The Olentangy Braves got the roster stocked back up , after losing some many talented players that were in their program to Berlin when it opened. Coach Lucas is a good coach, good luck to his team this year.

D1 Central District Top 10 as of 4/9 (IMO)

1.Olentangy Liberty
2.Olentangy
3.New Albany
4.Grove City
5.Olentangy Orange
6.Upper Arlington
7. Lancaster
8. Canal Winchester
9. Hilliard Darby
10.Pickerington North

Reactions: WTD
Some early surprises.

UA hasn't been as strong as I expected. Glaser is hurt and that makes a difference. They lost to Bradley last night.

Jerome has struggled. Just can't hit. They even threw a no-hitter and lost.

Coffman has played well but hasn't played any games in Ohio yet. They have Liberty and Orange 4 times in the next week.

Olentangy seems to be playing very well. 5-0 including a win over UA.

Berlin not hitting as well as expected.
Berlin/Jerome will still be two teams nobody is going to want to draw in the tournament regardless of their record...

Was it Krenzel with the no-hitter? Heard he is off to Tennessee to pitch...

Coaches 2022 Week 5 Poll Results
Poll Open: Fri Apr 29 12:00:00 2022
Poll Close: Mon May 2 00:00:00 2022

Division I
Place ID School 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th Pts Record
3 1202 Olentangy (Lewis Center) 1 12 6 2 1 212 17-3
8 1086 New Albany 3 1 5 110 15-4
11 838 Lancaster 1 40 13-3
15 680 Grove City 14 12-5
18 1632 Watkins Memorial 6 12-2

D1 Central District Top 10 as of 4/9 (IMO)

1.Olentangy Liberty
2.Olentangy
3.New Albany
4.Grove City

5.Olentangy Orange
6.Upper Arlington
7. Lancaster
8. Canal Winchester
9. Hilliard Darby
10.Pickerington North

State poll wk 5 in bold.

Here are the top 10 seeds for the D1 state tourney draw. The Draw is Sunday