Who Knows About the Benefits of Elderberry Syrup?

Steel Valley FB

I’m just getting a feel for the general knowledge here regarding taking elderberry syrup. I’m not an expert, but my wife sells it for a living so I know a bit about it. My family all take it multiple times a day. She brews it twice a week, packages it, and mails it all over the US and Canada. I was skeptical at first about her quitting her job as a marketing VP at a major bank in downtown Columbus. In hindsight, I realize I was wrong.

Anyway, what have you heard (or experienced) about it and does anyone take it regularly? There’s a good chance, if you live in central Ohio, and take it regularly, you’re getting it from her company as there aren’t many sources for it here locally. If anyone has any questions, I can get them answered here by her. This isn’t really a sales pitch either as we can’t meet our demand as it is. I go in and help her when I can, but I’m not ready to give up my job as an appraiser just yet lol. I’m gonna start another thread about that actually.

Last edited:

I’ve heard people talk about using it. Supposed to help keep you from getting sick
Sort of, it helps shorten the length of the flu and colds. It wont prevent the flu but allegedly can help prevent colds

Most doctors wont recommend taking it for long term use. Just before travel or when you start to feel symptoms of cold/flu.

Last edited:
Sort of, it helps shorten the length of the flu and colds. It wont prevent the flu but allegedly can help prevent colds

Most doctors wont recommend taking it for long term use. Just before travel or when you start to feel symptoms of cold/flu.
I've heard it's a pretty good anti-viral.

Would be wise to take before travel to China.