Who is wearing masks?

Around here most people are wearing them. I would say 75% at the grocery I go to.
You rural or urban?

Seems like the rural areas most arent, urban yes.

The 'crazy' thing, for me at least, is the store I go to would say has 80% over the age of 60 in the store, the more higher risk age, and as I said I bet its barely 5% that wear them.
It should be extremely busy this weekend and ill see if i believe it seems like more, but it is rare to see it the few places i go.

You rural or urban?

Seems like the rural areas most arent, urban yes.

The 'crazy' thing, for me at least, is the store I go to would say has 80% over the age of 60 in the store, the more higher risk age, and as I said I bet its barely 5% that wear them.
It should be extremely busy this weekend and ill see if i believe it seems like more, but it is rare to see it the few places i go.

suburbs....

I do not wear a mask unless I have to (Menards requires it). When my company lifts the travel ban and I get back on the road I will wear one in airports and on planes.

Went to a garden center today. No masks on the few employees or customers I saw.

Ate at a Mexican restaurant for early supper. Servers wore masks. don't know about the kitchen staff.

Got gas at Costco. The few people I noticed did not have masks.

Stopped and got an ice cream on the way home. Employees had masks. The few customers in line did not.

LMAO my Liberal sister-in-law told my wife that I'm not wearing a mask because I'm a white male practicing "white privilege". ? These fricking Liberals are whacked out. She is a retired school teacher and she sits at home watching MSNBC practicaly 24/7. She also didn't believe my wife about Cuomo putting COVID19 patients in nursing homes. Even after she googled it and it was confirmed by an article from USA Today she still said she would have to "Fact Check" it. Fricking Libbies only believe something when they hear it on the Fake News Channels and even then if they don't like what they hear they go to the Fake Fact Checkers like Snopes.

East Cincinnati suburbs 50%
Yesterday around noon I went to Kroger's in Anderson. It was about 80% masks 20% no mask. They didn't have an item I was looking for so I went to the Krogers up the road in Cherry Grove which is in CLermont County. There it appeared to be 60% no masks and when I went to Target next door it was more like 80% no masks. LOL oh what a difference between Anderson and crossing the border into Clermont County. ? They love their freedom in the country.

After 27 weeks and 2 days I got my hair cut. She was wearing a mask so I asked if I needed to. She left it up to me so I did not.

I do not wear a mask unless I have to (Menards requires it). When my company lifts the travel ban and I get back on the road I will wear one in airports and on planes.

Same. If it's required, I wear it. If not, no.

Sounds like Airports/aircraft are going to require them for the foreseeable future anyway. That's pretty annoying tbh.

grocery shopping - yes
gas station - no (there's rarely anyone else in there and cashier is behind plexiglass)
picking up carryout/fast food.- no

Urban. Youngstown About 50%
Usually suburbs I go. (Primarily Hubbard and Austintown) about 75%
All employees that I see wear them. Including drive thru. I always wear a mask when going inside a place of business. Dont wear one outside. Easily to just walk a few feet one way or another when another approaches. If unable to move-well as you pass that person itll only be for a second.
I think the difference in my area is age. Young adults barely wear one.
As for rural people not wearing in large numbers, my guess is that the rural people are motivated by the general low numbers in rural numbers. I'm willing to bet a non mask wearer from Guersey County having to go to downtown Cleveland that person would mask up quickly

I am surprised really to hear these numbers. I really am. As I said, maybe 5% where I go and when I just got back it was packed and still rare to see one. Most of the folks are out of townets slumming it here but still, surprised many of y'all reporting such hight numbers.

Yesterday around noon I went to Kroger's in Anderson. It was about 80% masks 20% no mask. They didn't have an item I was looking for so I went to the Krogers up the road in Cherry Grove which is in CLermont County. There it appeared to be 60% no masks and when I went to Target next door it was more like 80% no masks. LOL oh what a difference between Anderson and crossing the border into Clermont County. ? They love their freedom in the country.
The difference in education level shows.

You are correct. I’m sure Anderson Twp is rocking the masks. My nearest Kroger is across from the Eastgate Mall still @50%. Now the Walmart a half mile away is probably closer to 25% if that.

I am surprised really to hear these numbers. I really am. As I said, maybe 5% where I go and when I just got back it was packed and still rare to see one. Most of the folks are out of townets slumming it here but still, surprised many of y'all reporting such hight numbers.
I believe as the weather heats up the numbers will drop significantly.

The difference in education level shows.
I wouldn't jump to that conclusion. I'm probably as highly educated (formally) as anyone on Yappi and I do not wear a mask unless it's required. It is required at my job and I am considered an "essential" in the COVID-19 world, so I wear a mask for as many as 13 hours per day. When work ends, the mask comes off.

Also, some of the brightest people I've ever met are "non-educated" folks blessed with extremely high levels of common sense.

Last edited:
I wouldn't jump to that conclusion. I'm probably as highly educated (formally) as anyone on Yappi and I do not wear a mask unless it's required. It is required at my job and I am considered a "essential" in the COVID-19 world, so I wear a mask for as many as 13 hours per day. When work ends, the mask comes off.

Also, some of the brightest people I've ever met are "non-educated" folks blessed with extremely high levels of common sense.

I too do not wear a mask unless required. I am retired and old (75) Wearing a mask does not stop you from getting the virus it just help stop you from giving to somebody else if you have it. So as long as everyone else is wearing one I no not need to wear one,. now that is common sense. Wear those masks and save my life.

I'm about 85% mask off 15% mask on. There's a corner store near my house I go to regularly and the guy who works there wears one so I wear one when I go there even though it isn't technically required. I'll sometimes wear it in the grocery store also, but not usually.

I wouldn't jump to that conclusion. I'm probably as highly educated (formally) as anyone on Yappi and I do not wear a mask unless it's required. It is required at my job and I am considered an "essential" in the COVID-19 world, so I wear a mask for as many as 13 hours per day. When work ends, the mask comes off.

I know there area, it’s definitely accurate. ??‍♂️

Spring lawn clean up, mulching, and flower planting at mom's today, me, four sisters, two brothers-in-law, a niece and her partner. No masks, minimal social distancing.

Annual 4th of July cookout is a go.

Drove by an outdoor high school graduation party a few blocks over. No social distancing or masks there either.

Some negative feedback coming from our town, about a local coffee shop having a sign saying NO MASKS allowed if you come inside. If you you want to wear a mask go through the drive thru.

Can we talk about the real issue here? Fogged glasses.

I CCW. I'll wear in any store, regardless staff wears. But isn't the bigger safety barrier gloves? I know people in my neighborhood. The one's not wearing I wouldn't touch in the old normal. They're I suspect trying to off grandma and get the money. I wear gloves. I take off gloves and let set.