Who is wearing masks?

I do not own one, so no.

I did bring my gas mask to Mother's Day get together and all the Rugrats wanted to try it on and get pics taken

No, not when I am on my "own time*. I have one for the office but most people are working remotely so I usually don't there either.

I have to wear one at work. Started 2 weeks ago. Funny thing is we have been working the entire covid19 so after what 8 weeks we have to wear them now...

I will only wear them if required. If I can I will spend my money elsewhere...

At work...In my office no, elsewhere yes
Groceries...sometimes
Menards...yep
Dr Appts...yep
I actually wear it more than not

No...

I might buy a couple just in case when I can find one on a store shelf...
It must have a tag that states Made in the U.S.A.

:>---

SALT

Last edited:
We wear them in all stores. When I do go to the office, I wear it around the building but not in my office.

It is a general courtesy to wear it in public; everyone should. Plus I have a couple of sweet Columbus Blue Jacket masks so I don't mind so much.

Certain jobs I'm on require them (wright patt and Prisons) otherwise no.
They allow any type of face covering, the most comfortable and works with my glasses are the sleeves I cut off of old T shirts, keeping the seam...put vertical seam to back and the longer part over face, they naturally open slightly at bottom allowing plenty of air flow and keep glasses from fogging.

We wear them in all stores. When I do go to the office, I wear it around the building but not in my office.

It is a general courtesy to wear it in public; everyone should. Plus I have a couple of sweet Columbus Blue Jacket masks so I don't mind so much.
Is touting one has a sweet mask is that like saying you have a cool pair of Crocs?

When I know I'm going to be some place I can't keep a good distance from people, like the grocery store, I'll wear one. Seems as thought most do there. Wore one at Home Depot today and about half the shoppers wore one. I rarely bother at the qwiki mart in the morning to get my coffee on days I still go to the office. Work just passed some out yesterday but isn't requiring them since everyone has their own office (with a couple exceptions).

When at work. I have been wearing a respirator because I find them more comfortable than cloth over the face. The problem with respirators is the large intake air cartridges block my peripheral vision. Twice I have tripped over a person kneeling in a store isle. These masks can be very dangerous to the public near a vision restricted individual. Today the guy I tripped over and nearly knocked flat to the ground was at least 75 years old and not wearing a mask.

Yesterday, one store I visited requested I not wear a mask but gave no reason.

I copied this:

The Covid-19 virus, is a virus....it is literally MICROSCOPIC. Any type of paper or cloth mask will not stop the virus from getting into you through your breathing when you inhale, or stop it from getting out of you if you are infected with it when you exhale. The virus is so small that it will pass right through any type cloth or paper mask.
For example, the N-95 mask that is routinely used in dusty, industrial environments is designed to filter out PARTICLES. The 95 means they should be able to filter out 95% of airborne particles (e.g. dust) down to about PM-2.5 (that is particles as small as 2.5 microns). Viruses are WAY smaller than 2.5 microns, and even if the virus itself has attached itself to a microscopic water droplet, it will still get through a mask.
The only way to really protect yourself would be to wear a full face piece, powered air purifying respirator with a HEPA cartridge (fit tested). Or by wearing an SCBA (self contained breathing apparatus) like a scott air pack that the firemen use.
If you think I'm FOS do some homework. There is a lot of research (OSHA stuff) regarding workers who wear N-95 masks for prolonged periods while they are working as part of their jobs. Prolonged use causes a drop in oxygen concentration in the blood (hypoxia) and also causes carbon dioxide levels in the blood to increase (the mask restricts both breathing in oxygen, and expelling carbon dioxide when you breath out).
Don't want to burst anybody's bubble, and not calling anybody out. It is just that there is a lot more information regarding masks than is being pumped out to the masses. (By people who want to make $$$ selling masks ?)

I copied this:

The Covid-19 virus, is a virus....it is literally MICROSCOPIC. Any type of paper or cloth mask will not stop the virus from getting into you through your breathing when you inhale, or stop it from getting out of you if you are infected with it when you exhale. The virus is so small that it will pass right through any type cloth or paper mask.
For example, the N-95 mask that is routinely used in dusty, industrial environments is designed to filter out PARTICLES. The 95 means they should be able to filter out 95% of airborne particles (e.g. dust) down to about PM-2.5 (that is particles as small as 2.5 microns). Viruses are WAY smaller than 2.5 microns, and even if the virus itself has attached itself to a microscopic water droplet, it will still get through a mask.
The only way to really protect yourself would be to wear a full face piece, powered air purifying respirator with a HEPA cartridge (fit tested). Or by wearing an SCBA (self contained breathing apparatus) like a scott air pack that the firemen use.
If you think I'm FOS do some homework. There is a lot of research (OSHA stuff) regarding workers who wear N-95 masks for prolonged periods while they are working as part of their jobs. Prolonged use causes a drop in oxygen concentration in the blood (hypoxia) and also causes carbon dioxide levels in the blood to increase (the mask restricts both breathing in oxygen, and expelling carbon dioxide when you breath out).
Don't want to burst anybody's bubble, and not calling anybody out. It is just that there is a lot more information regarding masks than is being pumped out to the masses. (By people who want to make $$$ selling masks ?)
I spent a couple hours reading some 3m studies on the virus and mask efficiency. Seems research shows extremely small particles are easier to capture than slightly larger ones. Think of each strand of fiber in the mask being like a huge landing strip for the extremely small virus. Once it lands on one of these fibers, it sinks into it and can not easily be removed.

Then picture the slightly larger particles than the virus, they are caught on the air stream and bounce off the fibers and end up passing through the mask and get inhaled deep into the lungs potentially. Breathing through the nose instead of the mouth helps lodge these particles in your mucus fields to prevent from going deep into lungs.

One way they explained in the research is as air moves through the masks media of fibers, the air speed increases greatly and changes direction frequently. This speed and change of direction slams the virus or extremely small particles into and onto the mask fibers, capturing them and protecting the person. Over time , these fibers build up with material and no longer can continue to hold the extremely small virus bodies, so an avalanche could occur and particles reach the lungs if extended use in a viral laden environment occurs. So change mask often if you suspect it is loading up with virus.

As for the cloth masks, just there to block a huge viral shed from reaching others. It will not stop an initial infection.

Just curious for y'all:
When you go out in public, grocery, etc about what % of the folks are wearing masks that you would guess?
Also, state if you are rural, urban, suburbs, etc.

RURAL: Guestimate of 5%. I have noticed even employees are wearing them less and less.

It depends on where I'm going
At work it's a 50-50 past of the time
Public, grocery store 50-50 again
Calling on customers it depends if they are wearing a mask... again it a 50-50

Just curious for y'all:
When you go out in public, grocery, etc about what % of the folks are wearing masks that you would guess?

RURAL: Guestimate of 5%. I have noticed even employees are wearing them less and less.

Same. Rural and suburban.

Just curious for y'all:

BURBS: I'd say it's about 50%. at the Kroger store I normally use. You could even break it down by hours of the day. It seems like earlier in the day the mask wearing was slightly above 50% but in the later evening(after 6pm) it's under 50%.

I only wear a two-way particle barrier, an N95 3M 8210. Anything else is pointless.

I wear it when I go to a health care building or my parents' home, or to my elderly neighbors' homes. I patronize no businesses that require them. There is no place else a vulnerable person must go. Anything can be delivered today.

I hear that the school board is talking some sh1t about 2 day-a-week school, after trying to discourage attendance last week. If I have to wear a mask to go raise hell next month, I probably will.

I spent a couple hours reading some 3m studies on the virus and mask efficiency. Seems research shows extremely small particles are easier to capture than slightly larger ones. Think of each strand of fiber in the mask being like a huge landing strip for the extremely small virus. Once it lands on one of these fibers, it sinks into it and can not easily be removed.

Then picture the slightly larger particles than the virus, they are caught on the air stream and bounce off the fibers and end up passing through the mask and get inhaled deep into the lungs potentially. Breathing through the nose instead of the mouth helps lodge these particles in your mucus fields to prevent from going deep into lungs.

One way they explained in the research is as air moves through the masks media of fibers, the air speed increases greatly and changes direction frequently. This speed and change of direction slams the virus or extremely small particles into and onto the mask fibers, capturing them and protecting the person. Over time , these fibers build up with material and no longer can continue to hold the extremely small virus bodies, so an avalanche could occur and particles reach the lungs if extended use in a viral laden environment occurs. So change mask often if you suspect it is loading up with virus.

As for the cloth masks, just there to block a huge viral shed from reaching others. It will not stop an initial infection.
The whole point of the masks is to prevent those who are infected but don't know it from spreading the virus. Not the other way around.

Just curious for y'all:

Around here most people are wearing them. I would say 75% at the grocery I go to.