Who is practicing, scrimmaging, or playing on May 26th?

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
Who all is getting on there on the first day allowed by Ohio to practice, scrimmage, or play?

First bullpen session will be Tuesday. Keeping it small with just 3 pitchers and 2 catchers. First full practice will be Thursday.

Mr. Fort Fan,
Did they ever rethink ACME for the summer?

I have not heard. It's tough - I think coaches and players want to play, but with the fields locked, there isn't anyplace to get together. I think ACME said all along that they really only cancelled the tournament and if they were allowed to play, they could play, but the fields have to be opened up.

I have not heard. It's tough - I think coaches and players want to play, but with the fields locked, there isn't anyplace to get together. I think ACME said all along that they really only cancelled the tournament and if they were allowed to play, they could play, but the fields have to be opened up.
There is not a single place to practice for your team except a school field?

There is not a single place to practice for your team except a school field?

No. Where would you suggest? The Student Activities Center where we hold indoor practices is a school facility and is locked. Only other fields in town are little league size.

No. Where would you suggest? The Student Activities Center where we hold indoor practices is a school facility and is locked. Only other fields in town are little league size.
Ambassador park! Can use that SB field.......

I have spoken to a few coaches that inquired with local school fields for practice and even though May 26th was the date for these activities to resume, many AD's and school districts are still restricting the use of their facilities at this time indicating "they are not ready to re-open their facilities until all safety precautions have been accessed and they feel comfortable moving forward".

I know some teams that were scheduled to be on fields today for games and were planning on practicing to make use of their rental and have been told they were canceled for today and going forward until further determinations have been made.

Reading through a FB group page for Mason/Deerfield and saw where a couple of teams from Midland and the Riverbats team were run out of the Mason Sports Park and Corwin Nixon ball fields by police. One of the lady's on FB said she called the police on them for tresspassing. Guess they were holding team practices there and she said those weren't to be open yet.

Reading through a FB group page for Mason/Deerfield and saw where a couple of teams from Midland and the Riverbats team were run out of the Mason Sports Park and Corwin Nixon ball fields by police. One of the lady's on FB said she called the police on them for tresspassing. Guess they were holding team practices there and she said those weren't to be open yet.
Karen at it again.........

There were midnight games played at Hamilton’s WSLL park this morning. Pics said they played til 2am. I was told it was a group renting the fields.

The high school Midland teams practiced at their fields today. 18u started at noon. Very rigorous rules. Some of the players got frustrated. But the Midland Hierarchy is seriously enforcing the rules. Players spread out in the dugout. Pitchers sent to the bullpen. Masks on when not playing. West Chester baseball complex was full. Blue Ash still looked closed. Oh yea, must sign a comprehensive release form before stepping on the field.

Last edited:
The high school Midland teams practiced at their fields today. 18u started at noon. Very rigorous rules. Some of the players got frustrated. But the Midland Hierarchy is seriously enforcing the rules. Players spread out in the dugout. Pitchers sent to the bullpen. Masks on when not playing. West Chester baseball complex was full. Blue Ash still looked closed. Oh yea, must sign a comprehensive release form before stepping on the field.
Son's team has a tournament at Blue Ash and WCBC this weekend. Just received the new rules. Should be interesting.

Every little league diamond n town had kids practicing last night. Meanwhile the high school baseball and softball diamonds remain locked.

Last night Channel 19 had videos and interviews from Lincoln Lee, home of Cincinnati Future Stars. Channel 5 had the same from Knights of Columbus. Home of Storm Club Baseball.

Rumor going around that we are going to play high school games starting June 8. Might just be this area. Softball too. They are calling it High School Summer Baseball. So, not ACME.

Troy Posy #43 baseball American legion team starts season Saturday. A 60 gme schedule.
Great news for Frosty. Works to hard for that team not to get a chance to play. Concerned about gate/concessions as that is a big deal for these type of games.

PBR is putting together a league of 8 teams in SWO for graduating seniors and college players to make up for the loss of college summer leagues.

Fort Loramie and Newton scrimmaged yesterday.
For this area, this really is not much dfiferent than ACME baseball, other than now the HS coaches can be totally involved.

It should work out well as the ACME schedules should have been done months and months and a full June schedule ready to roll!