Who is now out of a job because DeWine over reacts and closes bars and restaurants?

I am beginning to wonder at what point that bail-out will cause some closures. If the free money creates a big enough give-away that it would be a better cash flow, some will certainly shut down that would limp along otherwise. Will this be big enough to be a concern ?

I kind of agree with those that say a really strong emphasis on quarantining old folks will, in eventual hindsight, prove to be all that was needed in most areas. Worst case scenarios and fear have probably ruled a lot of decision making. We will see.

I think it's pretty clear that Ohio, Kentucky and those doing similar things are correct, given the growing numbers. This week is going to have some scary numbers. While I wish you were right, you're just not.

I think it's pretty clear that Ohio, Kentucky and those doing similar things are correct, given the growing numbers. This week is going to have some scary numbers. While I wish you were right, you're just not.

We are engaged in a lot of least common denominator rules, in part because of the nature of modern American "what about?" culture. Cuomo's stupidity is a fine example. NYC should have been locked down even before Ohio, given its population density and travel history. Western NY could still be business as usual aside from old folks and maybe schools. He doesn't have the balls to do it right, same as here. Maybe we are all too selfish for "reasoned" to be practical. The coming numbers we both anticipate will neither prove nor disprove my assertions unless they are broken out by municipality of residence.

NYC is going to suck all the oxygen out of this story in the coming days and because the media world is driven by this town it will become all about it and their related problems. The Mayor and Governor are going to try and blame urban density but there are many other larger world cities that are navigating this in a more efficient manner. No, the problems w/ NYC are the multiple starting with a highly transient population that embraces globalism and the liberal protection of personnel privacy. Early testing would have helped but what made many Asian countries successful was their ability to callout hot spots and isolate those that came in contact with them plus in the case of Singapore they even named names and addresses of infected citizens so you could avoid them. Could you see Bill de Blasio call out at a presser that X social club in the Bronx was a hot spot and if you were there in the past week you need to self quarantine? Another thing that NYC will never do is shelter not seriously sick folks in dedicated temporary living quarters. Patients that are not having life threating symptoms should all be in places like college dorms living out their 14 days so not to infect their family members or others living in the many towers that folks call home. But no, we feel like it is our right in a liberal nation to be as comfortable as possible when even slightly sick, screw it if we make everyone else sick and possibly killing those with underlining conditions.

We are engaged in a lot of least common denominator rules, in part because of the nature of modern American "what about?" culture. Cuomo's stupidity is a fine example. NYC should have been locked down even before Ohio, given its population density and travel history. Western NY could still be business as usual aside from old folks and maybe schools. He doesn't have the balls to do it right, same as here. Maybe we are all too selfish for "reasoned" to be practical. The coming numbers we both anticipate will neither prove nor disprove my assertions unless they are broken out by municipality of residence.

I think the numbers do quite all right in disproving your assertions. For example, when Trump's presser started Sunday around 5 p.m., there were more 31,000 US cases and 395 deaths TOTAL since the start. In less than two days since, there are now nearly 50,000 cases and 600 deaths. The numbers are increasing and by the end of the week are likely to be quite troubling. And yes, this week's numbers will be because we didn't act sooner.

I see where Kentucky started a snitch line that you can tattle tale on people who are not social distancing and businesses who are not complying.

India is now in total lock down for 3 weeks. Think about it, 1.3 Billion people with the vast majority cooped up in squalor. If there was ever a country that could not handle a pandemic India would be at the top of the list.

Think the covid-19 virus could find its way through this?
3981b816985482f411dbeb015d7b0454.jpg

India is now in total lock down for 3 weeks. Think about it, 1.3 Billion people with the vast majority cooped up in squalor.

This would be the ONLY time I could think having the hovel closest to the community poop-pit would be good.

Last edited:
India is now in total lock down for 3 weeks. Think about it, 1.3 Billion people with the vast majority cooped up in squalor. If there was ever a country that could not handle a pandemic India would be at the top of the list.

India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Indonesia, Sri Lanka, Nigeria, etc are all going to get decimated. All very densely packed countries with little to no healthcare, and loads of people with existing respiratory problems because of poor air quality.

I think the numbers do quite all right in disproving your assertions. For example, when Trump's presser started Sunday around 5 p.m., there were more 31,000 US cases and 395 deaths TOTAL since the start. In less than two days since, there are now nearly 50,000 cases and 600 deaths. The numbers are increasing and by the end of the week are likely to be quite troubling. And yes, this week's numbers will be because we didn't act sooner.

The numbers are increasing this week for the exact reason Dr. Birx said (last week) they would -- they are getting many days' worth of results each day because they are catching up on the backlog. It is not so many more are being infected each day, it is that they are catching up on the test results backlog. Once that is complete later this week, the rate of increases in cases will begin to ease and hopefully plateau. During the press conference last week she urged (begged) the media to understand this and report it in context. (Obviously the media only does things to sensationalize and frame the administration as bad).

The numbers are increasing this week for the exact reason Dr. Birx said (last week) they would -- they are getting many days' worth of results each day because they are catching up on the backlog. It is not so many more are being infected each day, it is that they are catching up on the test results backlog. Once that is complete later this week, the rate of increases in cases will begin to ease and hopefully plateau. During the press conference last week she urged (begged) the media to understand this and report it in context. (Obviously the media only does things to sensationalize and frame the administration as bad).

The media doesn't have to do anything to make the administration look bad. And the 129 dead today alone do not need to be sensationalized by anyone.

The media doesn't have to do anything to make the administration look bad. And the 129 dead today alone do not need to be sensationalized by anyone.

How stoic.

Let us know about the tens of thousands of lives saved because of the shutdown of China travel at the end of January, all while being ridiculed and called a racist.

NYC is going to suck all the oxygen out of this story in the coming days and because the media world is driven by this town it will become all about it and their related problems. The Mayor and Governor are going to try and blame urban density but there are many other larger world cities that are navigating this in a more efficient manner. No, the problems w/ NYC are the multiple starting with a highly transient population that embraces globalism and the liberal protection of personnel privacy. Early testing would have helped but what made many Asian countries successful was their ability to callout hot spots and isolate those that came in contact with them plus in the case of Singapore they even named names and addresses of infected citizens so you could avoid them. Could you see Bill de Blasio call out at a presser that X social club in the Bronx was a hot spot and if you were there in the past week you need to self quarantine? Another thing that NYC will never do is shelter not seriously sick folks in dedicated temporary living quarters. Patients that are not having life threating symptoms should all be in places like college dorms living out their 14 days so not to infect their family members or others living in the many towers that folks call home. But no, we feel like it is our right in a liberal nation to be as comfortable as possible when even slightly sick, screw it if we make everyone else sick and possibly killing those with underlining conditions.
Spot on, unfortunately. All the public transportation, criss-cross commuting, all the old radiator heated buildings (air not filtered and fired) also make things worse. Cuomo was late on partial workplace shutdowns, with variable rosters of 25% workforce changing habits on off days surely led to randomized exposures.

Now even Fauci is saying that they know many people are trying to get out of the city and slip off to second homes and relatives’ homes.

This is going to be known as the Cuomo Coronavirus before too long if he and Bill DiB don’t start being more responsible, gutsy leaders.

Local news had an advisory today. Basically, “If your workplace is remaining open, and you believe that the work being performed by the employees there is not deemed “essential” by the Governor, please stop calling 911. The system is being overwhelmed. Please direct these calls to the Board of Health.”

How stoic.

Let us know about the tens of thousands of lives saved because of the shutdown of China travel at the end of January, all while being ridiculed and called a racist.

Well, kudos for that I guess, amid the many things that were not done. Although, that only banned foreign nationals who had been in China in the last 14 days. It didn't keep people from coming here from China.

Tim Miller is out with a pretty damning article in The Bulwark this morning. I imagine the people who need to read it and accept it will not, but it's well done and disappointing.

3981b816985482f411dbeb015d7b0454.jpg

That figures to be the "quick establishment of herd immunity" model in practice.

Well, kudos for that I guess, amid the many things that were not done. Although, that only banned foreign nationals who had been in China in the last 14 days. It didn't keep people from coming here from China.

Tim Miller is out with a pretty damning article in The Bulwark this morning. I imagine the people who need to read it and accept it will not, but it's well done and disappointing.
I like the subhead of "the whole concept of death is terrible" on the site. It kind of shows where they come from.

As you lot begin to comb through the minutiae, hunting for anything less than what you deem perfection in the nation's response to WuuHooFlu and second-guessing in 20/20 hindsight, please keep in mind the results. When the testing all settles out and the data gets a full look, I expect that ours will be among the best in the world. I also fully expect a bunch of cherry-picking and mis-characterizations from partisan opponents of those that had the federal "wheel" by the present and future political losers. Same as it ever was.

We eased in to restrictions without inciting panic and epic hoarding of most things, have not really overwhelmed health-care providers thus far, and I at least realize that we NEED to have a herd immunity established before the inevitable next wave of this thing. There will not and could not under any circumstances be a vaccine before the next wave comes.

I am very satisfied with the response we have had nationwide and in Ohio, but if I lived in NYC, I'd be pretty disappointed in my Mayor and Governor.

Last edited:
Yeah, they make it tough to ignore the utter incompetence of this farcical administration. And the Bulwark is a conservative outlet.
As you personally engage in your own relentless pursuit of perfection at your "cushy state job" today, suck on this -

I know what you are all about. Would Queen Nancy's add-ins to the aid bill have provided you with greater collective bargaining protections ? Just curious.

As you personally engage in your own relentless pursuit of perfection at your "cushy state job" today, suck on this -

I know what you are all about. Would Queen Nancy's add-ins to the aid bill have provided you with greater collective bargaining protections ? Just curious.

What on earth are you talking about?

Also, I'm not supportive of Nancy's add-ons. That deflection has little to do with Trump's utter incompetence.

I get to go to work. We have contracts with the military that are time sensitive. I really don't see any factories that have closed. I stopped at Casey's this morning for a soft drink and donut and the place was as packed as it had been before all this. Kind of funny that we work because of our military contracts, yet my son works at WPAFB and they are closed for 30 days due to a worker that tested positive. (Now 3 have tested positive.)

If they really cared about the people their would have been nothing to fight about. The package would only have had how much the people was getting. This was mainly about how much they could the people and help out or get for their own agendas.

I get to go to work. We have contracts with the military that are time sensitive. I really don't see any factories that have closed. I stopped at Casey's this morning for a soft drink and donut and the place was as packed as it had been before all this. Kind of funny that we work because of our military contracts, yet my son works at WPAFB and they are closed for 30 days due to a worker that tested positive. (Now 3 have tested positive.)
Honda closed many plants in ohio!
Military has had some serious restrictions put on it. This goatrope has cost me two training schools and a lot of extra money, and ive been waiting on them for over a year plus as they are needed for promotions. Looks like it is another year or two wait......

This is no fairy tale: Warnings Ignored: A Timeline of Trump’s COVID-19 Response.

And I'd invite you explain what exactly you mean by that weird last statement.

Laughable. You can lay blame at the bureacucratic FDA for any delay. Further PROOF why BIG government should NEVER be in charge of our health care. Thank GOD, Trump brought in the private sector to solve the problems.

This is no fairy tale: Warnings Ignored: A Timeline of Trump’s COVID-19 Response.

And I'd invite you explain what exactly you mean by that weird last statement.

Along with being the "best baseball poster", you once identified your location as "cushy state job". Would you potentially personally benefit from Nancy's insertion of protections for collective bargaining for government employees that she had porking up the aid bill, even if you didn't approve of the add-on as a Trojan Horse ?

Along with being the "best baseball poster", you once identified your location as "cushy state job". Would you potentially personally benefit from Nancy's insertion of protections for collective bargaining for government employees that she had porking up the aid bill, even if you didn't approve of the add-on as a Trojan Horse ?

:LOL:

Good, um, memory. I have a state job, but it's anything but cushy. That was a dig at people who think civil servants are overpaid and have it made. And no, I would not benefit from that part of the bill.