Who is now out of a job because DeWine over reacts and closes bars and restaurants?

Seeing alot of advertisements from restaurants adjusting to this new normal. Many offering discounts for to go orders.

I imagine this is going to be best for the fastfood restaurants because it won't change their business model much and they will have more business.

I was very shocked to see Costco food court in Hudson only selling hot dogs, plain and pepperoni pizzas. A lot of the former "sample chefs" are sanitizing carts or receipt checking at the door. Some of the regular help seems to be staying at home.

Don't count on a vaccine for months. One of the issues with a virus vaccine is that they are very tricky, they need months of extensive human testing. It is very easy to find something that will kill that specific virus, the issue is they also "trick" your other anti-bodies into thinking they take care of everything else and you could then die of something like the common cold or a simple cavity.

A true vaccine delivering near total immunity, yes.

But if I understand correctly, treatments to lessen severity can be made from the blood of those that have beaten the Wuhan Coronavirus with their own immunity. I would expect some of those that have tested positive and weathered the storm well to get phone calls in the next few weeks, if true.

Traffic down a little. Advertising price per 1000 page views is way down. I suspect that it isn't just this site but across all sites because most advertisers are pulling back waiting to see what happens.

Just need to double or triple the amount of people posting on here to makeup for the shortfall. Not an easy thing to do when there are no HS sports for possibly 5 months.

You should re-animate all of Ted's and Kemp's former user IDs, and pick fights with them.

I'm a problem-solver by nature. You're welcome.

That's probably going to cost us big time. Local mayor put a raise income tax on a poor city so he can give money to construction people who live in the burbs. Meanwhile, the local empire promedica buys out even more downtown property, a local hotel (rumor) and takes it off the tax rolls.

More income taxes will be collected off of suburban commuters working in new buildings than off of residents who would move if they could afford to. He has to stop/slow the downward spiral somehow.

I'm wondering if one of the things they are saying about the virus is true. Namely that warm weather will stop or slow the spread of the virus. Here in Tucson we've had four consecutive days of 76+ weather. And when we get to April it will be nothing but 80 and up. Guess we'll have to wait to see if it's true.
It now sounds as if there is a "notch" set of conditions with an optimum temp/humidity combination. Enjoy your sunny, dry heat. I think you're in a good place, old man. Springtime at your alma mater is NOT recommended.

Maybe cactus spine oil provides immunity ? You'd be in fine shape!!

Unless your working shoulder to shoulder with someone, you're far better off in a factory. Way more square footage.

A lot of fast food joints do a really lousy job of wiping down tables between seatings. And the seat or barstool you just grabbed to move so you can sit down? Everybody else has grabbed it in the same spot. And when was the last time it was disinfected?

Plus factory workers are exposed to all the same people. Restaurants are highly variable in exposures/clientele

Ha.
I have been to refugee camps before! Before I went twice I always wondered why people would stay in those for as long as they do.

Then I saw they got water, food, even coca cola products, delivered to their camp on a regular basis and in seeing how the rest of the country was living I was like sign me up!

Prolly had a whore house, dope delivery, a few card games, and a barbershop, too.

Probably wrong thread here. What about all the overworked people who get no sleep because of these closures? I serve the grocery industry and 2 hours per night is about it the last week. Can't keep this pace up or I might be very vulnerable to picking up a virus or something going round.

They need to hire more help, obviously. Lowering your resistance is stupid.

The restrictions are only going to bet worse and worse, in large part based upon the inability of idiots to follow simple damn rules. DeWine has been building this and fired warning shots throughout the week but idiots didn't listen.

I presume many areas are like this, but in my old stomping grounds of Mercer County there has been a huge rally around local restaurants and bars. Cars lined up for blocks and blocks for hours (Southside Inn in Coldwater, C-Town wings in Celina) and places like McSobers (in coldwater...great wings) who had to stop taking orders 2 hours before their 8pm cutoff due to running out of so many product because of the surge in carry out orders.

Which is great!

Saw a place in Celina called PUllman Bay was doing a 'buy one, get one later' sale. By a pizza now, and you get a coupon for a free small pizza starting i think June 1st or so.

Innovation at its best.

Personally I have been cooking much, much more than ever.

My sister told me there some establishments in Indiana who didn't shut down when ordered, and may end up getting their restaurant or bar licenses yanked. I hadn't heard of any thing similar in Ohio, but I'm sure there some scofflaws (scoffdocs?)

You should be a state spokesmen or at least get paid for this. I believe you have provided at least half a dozen posters information on what is exempt and what is not.

Thanks.
Something to do while waiting for it to get warm enough to go for a walk.

5. Leaving the Home for Essential Activities ...

c. For outdoor activity ... walking, hiking, running, or biking ....

I am set. Enough food for at least 3 weeks..... glad I was well prepared (prior to this happening) instead of waiting for the last minute.... the lines at the banks are insane. Saw gas for $1.49 but Kroger's was at $3.82 ... that had to be a mistake unless they don't want people getting gas at that store. Went for a long walk about 3 miles and back to work tomorrow.

Dig down deep and stay safe. Regardless if you believe it is an over reaction or not if we all do it it will be over soon. Hang in there.

I had to search high and low for cat litter, this is bs.

I'm somewhere between irritated by people's stupidity and sympathetic to their fears. We're just being asked to stay home so an at-risk section of our population may live. We don't need Doomsday Doug who thought this wa a hoax a couple weeks ago to load up his oversized pickup with all the groceries and to carry his shot gun around. I had to get creative to acquire dog food, laundry detergent and kids Mucinex online and I have not been able to get the yogurt my kid loves. Not so bad overall, just a slight irritation so far.

I'm somewhere between irritated by people's stupidity and sympathetic to their fears. We're just being asked to stay home so an at-risk section of our population may live. We don't need Doomsday Doug who thought this wa a hoax a couple weeks ago to load up his oversized pickup with all the groceries and to carry his shot gun around. I had to get creative to acquire dog food, laundry detergent and kids Mucinex online and I have not been able to get the yogurt my kid loves. Not so bad overall, just a slight irritation so far.
When I went to Kroger Saturday they had an armed rent a cop who kind of looked like he couldn’t wait to pull his piece

WEnt to the gas station up the road to get some coffee.
Place was busier than most days.

Also the fisherman are out in force today.

STick it to the man!

Reactions: y2h

I kind of agree with those that say a really strong emphasis on quarantining old folks will, in eventual hindsight, prove to be all that was needed in most areas. Worst case scenarios and fear have probably ruled a lot of decision making. We will see.

I think that the only real collateral damage we will see from scofflaw behavior is that, unfortunately, there will be more nursing home employees becoming infected in their off-hours and carrying this KungFlu into nursing homes and assisted living facilities where they work. That is really a sad eventuality, I'm afraid. The side benefit provided by scofflaws, and the leaders won't really acknowledge this because a bunch of weenies will then claim they are "helping" when they are self-indulgent or pushing for a relaxation of restrictions, is that we will accomplish herd immunity by their actions. Leaders know this, know human nature. I guarantee they are comparing current movements in the public with typical ones and trying to project the spread of this thing, trying to strike a balance that doesn't overwhelm healthcare providers while turning it off in the fall.

As a retiree among my siblings and a local to my parents, I'm doing the shopping for my mom and dad. Old folks still at home should likely be pretty safe if they stay in. I had multiple opened packages of N95 masks from projects around the house, and I wear one when I go in their home, just in case. I shaved my beard and had my hair cut short. I'm sure many other people are doing the same.

Shortages on the shelves are to be expected, right ? I mean, how many other kids are home from school ? Their parents beat you to the yogurt, and orders have been filled at a formerly predictable pace. One extra bag of dog food purchased early by every third household, for something that lasts typically a month or more, is going to break a supply chain.

The TP hoarding is kind of a mystery, but I'll blame women. Every time she piddles, my wife peels off a run of TP long enough to make a jumbo cheerleader pom-pom, pats that lily, and flushes. Total overkill. A house with three well-hydrated females doing that is going to use a lot, and they aren't gonna run out.