Who has been the unluckiest football state in the country, with regards to championship losses?

SWGA Fan

And I'm talking losses in both college AND pro?

I think that most astute sports fans would instantly look to New York, and the BUFFALO BILLS. (Four-time SUPER BOWL bridesmaids) What say YOU?

Would have to be Ohio at least recently with OSU choking against Georgia and the Bengals losing in the Super Bowl last season.

Would have to be Ohio at least recently with OSU choking against Georgia and the Bengals losing in the Super Bowl last season.
Well, THAT'S ONLY TWO. UGA SHOULD have been NATIONAL CHAMPIONS in 1983, 2012, and 2017, as WELL.

And HOW did Ohio State CHOKE? The GEORGIA BULLDOGS beat EVERYBODY in the FOURTH QUARTER. Just ask Clemson, Florida, Missouri, Auburn, Tennessee, Kentucky, and ALABAMA. GEORGIA OWNS the FOURTH QUARTER, because the toughest team they EVER play, is the one they line up against in PRACTICE!

And do you think that your nemesis up Nawth choked TOO? GEORGIA CHOKED THEM. The kid from my high school (Daijun Edwards) was the leading rusher in the semis in 2021 against the watermelon heads. And he was THIRD on the depth chart at the time.

Last edited:
Well, THAT'S ONLY TWO. UGA SHOULD have been NATIONAL CHAMPIONS in 1983, 2012, and 2017, as WELL.

And HOW did Ohio State CHOKE? The GEORGIA BULLDOGS beat EVERYBODY in the FOURTH QUARTER. Just ask Clemson, Florida, Missouri, Auburn, Tennessee, Kentucky, and ALABAMA. GEORGIA OWNS the FOURTH QUARTER, because the toughest team they EVER play, is the one they line up against in PRACTICE!

And do you think that your nemesis up Nawth choked TOO? GEORGIA CHOKED THEM. The kid from my high school (Daijun Edwards) was the leading rusher in the semis in 2021 against the watermelon heads. And he was THIRD on the depth chart at the time.
I was only going off of recent history but I mean Ohio State has absolutely choked in seasons such as 2010, 2015, 1998, 1996, 1979, 1970 and I'm sure there are others. The Cincinnati Reds in 2012, The Cleveland Indians in 2016, The Bengals lost twice to the 49ers in the 80s at the Super Bowl.

Also, OSU had a two touchdown lead going into the 4th quarter against your Dogs. If you don't consider that choking then I need to see your actual definition.

I was only going off of recent history but I mean Ohio State has absolutely choked in seasons such as 2010, 2015, 1998, 1996, 1979, 1970 and I'm sure there are others. The Cincinnati Reds in 2012, The Cleveland Indians in 2016, The Bengals lost twice to the 49ers in the 80s at the Super Bowl.

Also, OSU had a two-touchdown lead going into the 4th quarter against your Dogs. If you don't consider that choking then I need to see your actual definition.
When Valdosta's Malcohm Mitchell and the New England Patriots came back from 28-3 down against the Falcons and won a three-point game in the Super Bowl. Now, THAT'S CHOKING!

I would agree with Ohio. Indians have lost 3 WS since 95, Bengals 3 SB's, Ohio State several CFP losses, in 2012 undefeated but no post season because of Gene Smith's stupidity, 2015 most talented team in the country but did not get a chance to repeat (even though the Bucks only had one loss). OSU bball ranked no.1 in 2011 only to lose to KY. on a last second shot in the regional semifinals ( i believe), also lost the 2007 NC game. Reds win when they get to the WS but that's been 30 years. Browns are the most pitiful franchise in the history of sports or at least the last 50 years. The Buckeye football team has won two NC's since 2000 but a lot of heartbreak losses also.

Last edited:
When Valdosta's Malcohm Mitchell and the New England Patriots came back from 28-3 down against the Falcons and won a three-point game in the Super Bowl. Now, THAT'S CHOKING!
Agreed but everything considered it doesn’t compare to Ohio.

Also, OSU had a two touchdown lead going into the 4th quarter against your Dogs. If you don't consider that choking then I need to see your actual definition.
And UGA had a 13-0 lead on the Gumps in 2017 TOO! And their QB1 was garbage. And THEN in desperation, Nicky Satan brings in a FRICKIN FRESHMAN to pull the game out of their butts, on the LAST play of OVERTIME! FOURTH and FOREVER, down four points, and a fifty-yard BOMB to ANOTHER FRESHMAN, GAME OVER!!!!!!

And in 2012, our WR catches a ten-yard pass at the fifteen unguarded, as time ran out. And the turf monster brings him down at the FIVE. The Gumps went on to slide by the fightin Leprechauns in the natty, 42-14. The Gumps were laughing at the gold domers and their LBer with the rubber girlfriend, as they came out of the tunnel.

Last edited: