Which State Champs Are Most Likely To Repeat In 2021? --- POLL

Which state champs are most likely to repeat in 2021? (vote for up to 3 teams)

• Total voters
I think that Mass. will repeat in 2021........what they have done in the playoff era.
I did not write that they would get back to the title game. I was obviously referring to their inability to win a -SHIP.
You said "Mass. will repeat in 2021" (I know you were just being snarky, seems to be your default setting. Really represents you're alma mater well).

My point was that I don't think Massillon can "repeat" next year. For them a repeat would be making it back to the title game. Something they've done for 3 straight years. (Ironically, I would think the list of teams that have done that is shorter than the list of teams with a title in the modern era.)

Also, does someone pay you a commission for snarking Massillon on threads that have nothing to do with them? If so, I'd imagine you're in line for a nice year end bonus.

You said "Mass. will repeat in 2021" (I know you were just being snarky, seems to be your default setting. Really represents you're alma mater well).

My point was that I don't think Massillon can "repeat" next year. For them a repeat would be making it back to the title game. Something they've done for 3 straight years. (Ironically, I would think the list of teams that have done that is shorter than the list of teams with a title in the modern era.)

Also, does someone pay you a commission for snarking Massillon on threads that have nothing to do with them? If so, I'd imagine you're in line for a nice year end bonus.
You must be another scholar on Yappi. I did type in the English language. I apologize for offending you by not writing in a 'tongue' that you understand.

Last edited:

I wasn’t criticizing you. I misinterpreted your post. Yes, the Tigers have made the championship game for 3 straight years. In the 2021 season, the Tigers will be in the mix.

I wasn’t criticizing you. I misinterpreted your post. Yes, the Tigers have made the championship game for 3 straight years. In the 2021 season, the Tigers will be in the mix.
My mistake. didn't mean to reply to your message. That was meant for vikings4life. Sorry for the confusion.

You must be another scholar on Yappi. I did type in the English language. I apologize for offended you by not writing in a 'tongue' that you understand.
You don't offend. You amuse me. You make me laugh.

Frankly, your fascination with Massillon reminds me of the boy who pulled a girl's pigtails on the playground because he thought she was cute and couldn't think of any other way to express his affection. Don't worry, I'm sure you'll grow up and hit puberty someday.

You don't offend. You amuse me. You make me laugh.

Frankly, your fascination with Massillon reminds me of the boy who pulled a girl's pigtails on the playground because he thought she was cute and couldn't think of any other way to express his affection. Don't worry, I'm sure you'll grow up and hit puberty someday.
God protects the dumb. This gives you and your Mass. honk friends a lifetime of security.

I'm sure that chance is there. Idk how far below the Cutline for D6 they are.
I could only imagine if Kirtland AND Marion Local drop/bump to D6. It will be like old (or not so old) times. Stacked Region 21 & 24 for sure. Perhaps someone like Fort Frye in Region 23 gets over the hump? Maybe someone in Region 22 makes a big jump like Otsego did in Region 18 this year? Time will tell...anyone know when/if enrollment numbers are released? Spring 2021?

I could only imagine if Kirtland AND Marion Local drop/bump to D6. It will be like old (or not so old) times. Stacked Region 21 & 24 for sure. Perhaps someone like Fort Frye in Region 23 gets over the hump? Maybe someone in Region 22 makes a big jump like Otsego did in Region 18 this year? Time will tell...anyone know when/if enrollment numbers are released? Spring 2021?
For the record, Otsego was runner-up in 83. This past year wasn't totally new in Tontogany, Grand Rapids, and Weston.

For the record, Otsego was runner-up in 83. This past year wasn't totally new in Tontogany, Grand Rapids, and Weston.
Yes, If I remember correctly they lost to Nelsonville-York in the title game. By big jump I mean going from 5-5 or 6-4 to 10-1. I expect Otsego to be a contender next year as well, especially considering the talent they bring back. Watching the Kirtland-Otsego game, the Knights were VERY well coached. A much deserved COY award for Coach Dzierwa this season.

Yes, If I remember correctly they lost to Nelsonville-York in the title game. By big jump I mean going from 5-5 or 6-4 to 10-1. I expect Otsego to be a contender next year as well, especially considering the talent they bring back. Watching the Kirtland-Otsego game, the Knights were VERY well coached. A much deserved COY award for Coach Dzierwa this season.
Good point on "big jump". In the offseason we tend to look at the next year's playoffs thru the lens of the prior year's. Orrville was 4-6 the year before they went 13-2 and won it in 2018. Clyde was a 1st or 2nd round exiter for several years and then squeeked in as 8th seed in 2019 and went on a magical run.

The "legacy" programs will always be there (or at least seem like they will), but every few years you'll one of those programs that hit their stride at the right time.