Which schools might have a problem fielding a team this year?

I think the coach they have now will bring in some interest. As for going to 8 man, I don't think that's something they want to do. As part of the CCC breaking up and Bradford joining the WOAC, I believe there were meetings strictly to discuss the state of the Bradford football program, and there was some sort of a reassurance from Bradford that they would be able to continue to have a football team.
I hope they can keep up with that reassurance. I'm not as optomistic.

Sadly, one list to look at with some possible relevance to this topic in the coming months may be the daily updated WARN list on the state of Ohio’s website.

Last year in Central Ohio a few Columbus City League teams had very low numbers (17) (19) and (22). With school being shutdown and things being switched to on-line and not sure if this will help or hurt inner city schools. It will be interesting to see what the Columbus City Schools numbers are for the Fall after the Spring lockdown.

Last year in Central Ohio a few Columbus City League teams had very low numbers (17) (19) and (22). With school being shutdown and things being switched to on-line and not sure if this will help or hurt inner city schools. It will be interesting to see what the Columbus City Schools numbers are for the Fall after the Spring lockdown.
Let me guess: Linden-McKinley with 17, Briggs with 19 and West with 22? Or is it Africentric with 22?

I remember Cedarville High School one year made the playoff and when we went to the game they were dressing 19 players. Sometimes it is not the number of but the quality of the athlete.

Rightfully so.... and Mississinawa Valley is another team that has struggled with numbers in the last 5 years. I actually think both programs are trending in the right direction and I don't expect to hear the issues with numbers for either one of those teams this year.
I have M.V. on my prelim schedule this coming season, so I really hope they field a team.

I would think the lack of a spring in schools is going to make football numbers harder this fall as there won't be the ability to push/organize headed into the summer off-season. That being said, if there are relaxed academic eligibility standards from OHSAA, that may help schools that lose potential players to spring quarter academic struggles (not to the extent the inability to organize this spring though will hurt #)

I would think the lack of a spring in schools is going to make football numbers harder this fall as there won't be the ability to push/organize headed into the summer off-season. That being said, if there are relaxed academic eligibility standards from OHSAA, that may help schools that lose potential players to spring quarter academic struggles (not to the extent the inability to organize this spring though will hurt #)
But there also might be a whole school full of athletes yearning to play any organized sport after all spring and some of summer without anything.

I nominate any small private school for the watch list. If 20% of jobs are lost in the economy for any length of time a similar number of kids will head back to the public schools. Saw it happen in 2008 recession and schools such as Troy Christian lost about 50% of their freshman football players leading to loss of JV then eventual loss of a football program by 2013.

After the economy recovered, kids came back and they restarted their program and did very well with still relatively low numbers.

With this virus aren't all schools in danger of not fielding a team this year?

I nominate any small private school for the watch list. If 20% of jobs are lost in the economy for any length of time a similar number of kids will head back to the public schools. Saw it happen in 2008 recession and schools such as Troy Christian lost about 50% of their freshman football players leading to loss of JV then eventual loss of a football program by 2013.

After the economy recovered, kids came back and they restarted their program and did very well with still relatively low numbers.

With this virus aren't all schools in danger of not fielding a team this year?
This is really the unknown. I would think that if people can not go back to work it will definitely have an effect on the privates. I can not see the governor opening up non essential businesses after April 3rd. Almost every county now has a person with Corona Virus. Right I am expecting not to be to work til first part of May at the earliest.

Sebring and West Branch should merge that really would help west branch out. We know they need it. Maybe WB would have more then 4 incoming freshman
The two schools are "WHAT" about two miles apart? I totally agree. If I played football at Sebring, and they cancelled the season due to numbers, I would transfer to WB. Only thing that would hold it up is not knowing if they have open enrollment.

Same with Windham and Garrettsville Garfield. Windham is so small. Schools about 3-4 miles apart. Quite a few schools who are in trouble financially should consider consolidated. But no local community wants to give up their school. In the 50's and 60's they were given no choice.

Same with Windham and Garrettsville Garfield. Windham is so small. Schools about 3-4 miles apart. Quite a few schools who are in trouble financially should consider consolidated. But no local community wants to give up their school. In the 50's and 60's they were given no choice.

Over in Mahoning County, it's amazing that Lowellville, Campbell and Struthers are so close and yet so small for being right near a large urban center in the state.

3.9 miles between Memorial and Lowellville.
3.1 miles between Struthers and Lowellville.
3.0 miles between Memorial and Struthers.
Screenshot_20200328-210341_Maps.jpg

Captain A, spot on. As long as you have some of these idiots wanting to open up Kings Island and Cedar Point. No one will be fielding a team. SAD!

Over in Mahoning County, it's amazing that Lowellville, Campbell and Struthers are so close and yet so small for being right near a large urban center in the state.

3.9 miles between Memorial and Lowellville.
3.1 miles between Struthers and Lowellville.
3.0 miles between Memorial and Struthers.
View attachment 6519
Struthers is bigger than them both combined. Also Struthers would never ever consolidate with Campbell for more reasons than I can count but let’s just say property values. Lowellville wouldn’t be the worst idea.