Which Football Players Were Involved and How Will They Be Punished?

Pretty self-explanatory question at this stage - we already know what happened to the teacher. What about the players?

They are still in school, I doubt their identities will be made public until the trial and they may still try to protect any that are underage. Internally, most people know who they were. In most of these situations the teacher pays the penalty because they were the adult and was in a position of power and authority over the students - regardless of their age and role.

They are still in school, I doubt their identities will be made public until the trial and they may still try to protect any that are underage. Internally, most people know who they were. In most of these situations the teacher pays the penalty because they were the adult and was in a position of power and authority over the students - regardless of their age and role.
I know who they were, and I have no interest in identifying them publicly.

Don't believe that they should or will escape unscathed. Expulsion is the right punishment.

you could make an argument for suspension for the consumption of alcohol as a student, but i dont think the other charges can be turned to be against them as well, seeing as they are the "victims" in this case...

i will also say, sportsfan, you mentioned in the other thread about the prospects of other players knowing about it, a large portion, probably 95% of the team knew nothing about what was going on... the other 5% being those involved... lol

I'm still amazed at how how poorly the school district handled this. It sure sounds like it was common knowledge this was going on and yet they did absolutely nothing about it until it became public. Why the attempt to cover this up?

I'm still amazed at how how poorly the school district handled this. It sure sounds like it was common knowledge this was going on and yet they did absolutely nothing about it until it became public. Why the attempt to cover this up?
Exactly - and why no word on punishment for the players involved? Alcohol/drug offenses carry consequences. Not to mention they are supposedly held to a "higher standard" as student athletes and "representatives of the school".

Exactly - and why no word on punishment for the players involved? Alcohol/drug offenses carry consequences. Not to mention they are supposedly held to a "higher standard" as student athletes and "representatives of the school".

Who is the head of the school board out there? He/She should be fired immediately IMO. This person clearly does not have the parents, students and district's best interests as a priority. The entire administration should be embarrassed for allowing this to go on for so long. If I was a parent in that district I would not only be furious but would be looking to take some legal action for knowingly putting my child at clear risk of some whacko underage sex abuser. And I agree the drug abusers should certainly be punished as well.

It wasn't common knowledge, once the rumors started the administration acted really fast. The rumors were only out for less than a day when the cops were involved and 2 teachers were outside looking in. If anything, the administration acted pretty decisively on what was then just rumor.

There was no attempt to cover anything up. The door hadn't closed on the accused leaving the building before parents started getting emails from the administration.

It wasn't common knowledge, once the rumors started the administration acted really fast. The rumors were only out for less than a day when the cops were involved and 2 teachers were outside looking in. If anything, the administration acted pretty decisively on what was then just rumor.

There was no attempt to cover anything up. The door hadn't closed on the accused leaving the building before parents started getting emails from the administration.

Thank you SWMCinci. High school administrators spend most of their day dealing with safety and liability issues. (along with a full time police officer). They are not sitting back in the lounge drinking coffee all day long. It is fine for tax payers to ask what happened and even how could this happen. But if the public knew what public school teachers and administrators have to put up with due to the continuing downward spiral of society, you would not be so quick to criticize.

Typically an experienced administator knows that if he/she acts too fast without the facts and are wrong, the district will get sued and the general public will say "what kind of idiot did that?". If something like this incident happens, the general publics says "They should have known. These guys are idiots." When something goes wrong in a school, many do not wait for the facts to come out and everybody piles on, assuming that the school officials are idiots.

Public school educators are often the last line of defense to shield the kids from the ills of society and are too busy and often too tired to explain what they do each day to a public. Besides, no matter what they do, someone is going to get on a website and/or a radio talk show and say "These guys are idiots".

No one wants to hear about the times the high school administrators prevent students from getting harmed in any way. Probably happens about 7 or 8 times a day.

And by the way, when the public complains that Mason has too many administators that is fine. But when one gets cut, that means there are two less eyes watching the "safety and liabilty" issues that come up every day throughout the district. Again, you would be surprised to follow around an assistant high school principal as he/she works constantly on the "safety an liability".
Days can go by without some administrators doing anything else!

If the general public knew about some of the issues that come up each day, most would say..."What the heck...schools shouldn't have to deal with that. That's crazy that a school has to deal with that. I wouldn't want to deal with that if I went into education to work with kids".

The beat goes on in society and kids spend about 8 hours at the schools. That is 3 to 1 against a school (24 hours in a day) in terms of being the number one influence in a young person's life.

Last edited:
Thank you SWMCinci. High school administrators spend most of their day dealing with safety and liability issues. (along with a full time police officer). They are not sitting back in the lounge drinking coffee all day long. It is fine for tax payers to ask what happened and even how could this happen. But if the public knew what public school teachers and administrators have to put up with due to the continuing downward spiral of society, you would not be so quick to criticize.

Typically an experienced administator knows that if he/she acts too fast without the facts and are wrong, the district will get sued and the general public will say "what kind of idiot did that?". If something like this incident happens, the general publics says "They should have known. These guys are idiots." When something goes wrong in a school, many do not wait for the facts to come out and everybody piles on, assuming that the school officials are idiots.

Public school educators are often the last line of defense to shield the kids from the ills of society and are too busy and often too tired to explain what they do each day to a public. Besides, no matter what they do, someone is going to get on a website and/or a radio talk show and say "These guys are idiots".

No one wants to hear about the times the high school administrators prevent students from getting harmed in any way. Probably happens about 7 or 8 times a day.

And by the way, when the public complains that Mason has too many administators that is fine. But when one gets cut, that means there are two less eyes watching the "safety and liabilty" issues that come up every day throughout the district. Again, you would be surprised to follow around an assistant high school principal as he/she works constantly on the "safety an liability".
Days can go by without some administrators doing anything else!

If the general public knew about some of the issues that come up each day, most would say..."What the heck...schools shouldn't have to deal with that. That's crazy that a school has to deal with that. I wouldn't want to deal with that if I went into education to work with kids".

The beat goes on in society and kids spend about 8 hours at the schools. That is 3 to 1 against a school (24 hours in a day) in terms of being the number one influence in a young person's life.
Don't presume that you are the only poster on this board with knowledge of the inner workings of Mason schools. You most definitely are not.

And being busy doesn't excuse negligence.