Where to go on vacation this year?

Between the Zebra Mussels turning Lake Erie turquoise blue and Global Warming increasing the temperature Lake Erie is looking pretty good these days

Probably going to go up to the UP for a long weekend this summer. Hike for two days at Pictured Rocks then a couple days near Houghton at my relatives' place on the lakeshore. I went to Pictured Rocks last August and loved it. Only a ten hour drive from Cincy

Probably going to go up to the UP for a long weekend this summer. Hike for two days at Pictured Rocks then a couple days near Houghton at my relatives' place on the lakeshore. I went to Pictured Rocks last August and loved it. Only a ten hour drive from Cincy
Years ago we camped at Seven Mile Beach for a couple of days and then Ft. Wilkins St. Park by Copper Harbor a couple more.

Since then we've been to the Whitefish Point/Tahquamenon Falls St. park area many times.

If we can get away I'd like to go there early in August.

Years ago we camped at Seven Mile Beach for a couple of days and then Ft. Wilkins St. Park by Copper Harbor a couple more.

Since then we've been to the Whitefish Point/Tahquamenon Falls St. park area many times.

If we can get away I'd like to go there early in August.
It sucks that Munising is kind of a dump or else I'd like PR even more. Copper Harbor and the rest of Keeweenaw looks awesome

I’m currently in Hilton Head right now staying at the Harbor Club Marriott. This place is my speed now. When I was younger, I hated that the area around HC closes down around 10pm. These days, the family is in bed and I’m in a lawn chair looking at the water about to play some Omaha online...and I couldn’t be happier that not one soul will walk by for next hour lol. Had seafood at Hudson’s earlier and there were some guy was cutting up fish and feeding an alligator off the pier until two 6-7 ft bull sharks started feeding...was cool, just a few feet away; kids loved it.

We have 5 couples getting a house at Outer Banks in September. About $650 per couple for the whole week within a 5-minute walk of the beach.

We have 5 couples getting a house at Outer Banks in September. About $650 per couple for the whole week within a 5-minute walk of the beach.
Good call. We did the Outer Banks vacation about four years in a row. Three different families (ten people) split the cost and made it affordable in awesome beach houses. Bedrooms for all, hot tubs, multiple deck levels, 5-minutes from the beach (or on the beach if you want to pay the premium) and even swimming pools if you want.

Was going to Myrtle Beach, but it's been having increasing cases there. So where should I go now?
Mrs. Monte and I ditched going to Myrtle yesterday for a quick getaway to Gatlinburg next week. I'd much rather hike in the mountains, relax at the cabin with a few cold ones, and have a slab of ribs at Calhoun's.

Mrs. Monte and I ditched going to Myrtle yesterday for a quick getaway to Gatlinburg next week. I'd much rather hike in the mountains, relax at the cabin with a few cold ones, and have a slab of ribs at Calhoun's.
If you head that way could could always check out Norris Lake.:cool:

72544d1079127490-brass-stripper-poles-untitled-2-copy.jpg

I had a lot of smaller, long weekend vacations planned during the year plus Lisbon-Madeira Island-Morocco for NYE. Nearly everything has been called off. Hoping Covid dies down enough by the end of the year I can still do my NYE trip.

Still planned: in mid July a long weekend to wife's old family home in Maine. End of August driving down to Texas to check out my in-law's 75 acres as they break ground on their retirement house. If things go right I'll be closing on my own 12 acres while we're down there. That's about it for now though.

Oops, but in my defense, it doesn't that much for the mind to turn
"One part-times chartering for stripers " into
"One party-time chartering for strippers "

"shrug"