When will Cuyahoga falls ever win?

Weston46

That school has so much talent in those hallways. But why can't the admin see that their head coach is keeping them behind? It's such a shame. Its time for a change

That school has so much talent in those hallways. But why can't the admin see that their head coach is keeping them behind? It's such a shame. Its time for a change
Lol you can make the argument maybe there is talent in the city. But Falls has been so bad for so long…you are not losing by the scores that they did this year because of coaching.

This is far beyond coaching. Coach Parker is a good man and in the 6 years he has been there, the talent has not been even slightly up to par. Can we do better? Sure. But the resources WJ and others have will not keep the talent around

When I as a kid, CF had a nice program and football was important to the community. St. V vs. Cuyahoga Falls was a great rivalry. Now, football means very little. The stadium is falling apart and the rest of the football facilities are subpar. The school physical plant is substandard and the school's state report cards are not good as the school suffers academically. As such, there's no reason for a kid to want to go there. The new facilities will help from a physical plant perspective but it isn't going to help the quality of the education or the football program. The Suburban League has done all they can short of allowing the high school team to play a middle school schedule.

Either you guys don’t know, or Weston is being coy here; Coach Parker has been relieved of his duties.
I’m interested to know where all this talent you speak of is in the building and how Parker was “keeping them behind”.

When I as a kid, CF had a nice program and football was important to the community. St. V vs. Cuyahoga Falls was a great rivalry. Now, football means very little. The stadium is falling apart and the rest of the football facilities are subpar. The school physical plant is substandard and the school's state report cards are not good as the school suffers academically. As such, there's no reason for a kid to want to go there. The new facilities will help from a physical plant perspective but it isn't going to help the quality of the education or the football program. The Suburban League has done all they can short of allowing the high school team to play a middle school schedule.
I couldn’t agree with you more here, clark. The problems in CF go well beyond the football field.

New to yappi, but wanted to share the positive news regarding the program and community ..T Budd will be leading the black tigers this fall. Budd has had a great career and track record, and is the spark that could light the program. Best of luck coach, and props to the district and hiring team on getting him.

New to yappi, but wanted to share the positive news regarding the program and community ..T Budd will be leading the black tigers this fall. Budd has had a great career and track record, and is the spark that could light the program. Best of luck coach, and props to the district and hiring team on getting him.
Tim Budd?

Not so fast my friend. Process is ongoing at the Falls. This is from someone involved with the interview process.

Not so fast my friend. Process is ongoing at the Falls. This is from someone involved with the interview process.
Sorry if I was wrong, I must have been given incorrect Information. I was told the process was over, but could be incorrect information!

Sorry if I was wrong, I must have been given incorrect Information. I was told the process was over, but could be incorrect information!
Not quite done yet, final interviews happening this week. I think they have drug this out for a while though IMO

Not quite done yet, final interviews happening this week. I think they have drug this out for a while though IMO
Dammit, I had to return 500 "This Budd's For You" tee shirts when Tim Budd was rumored to be interviewing at Manchester and now I have to hold off on printing shirts for Cuyahoga Falls? I did let the Manchester Tavern keep two tee shirts for wiping up spilled drinks..

Sad to see them so bad, I remember going to see them play in like 2000 or 2001 when Froelich played. Very good team that season. At least they are Division 1 or they were and play against solid competition. I don't why a parent would ever choose CVCA or Woodridge over Falls.

Sad to see them so bad, I remember going to see them play in like 2000 or 2001 when Froelich played. Very good team that season. At least they are Division 1 or they were and play against solid competition. I don't why a parent would ever choose CVCA or Woodridge over Falls.
This can’t be a serious comment, can it?

As far as the next coach, Budd would be a big name get, but not the name I was hearing either. I’m with doubtme on this one - for now.

I think this job comes down to what positions in the school they will have for a new coach. This could be a situation where they have to take who fits what openings they have the best.

What talent? They are not good at any sports in the entire school! 20 years ago they have started to lose, the community is apathetic, and it isn't going to get better any time soon.

So much talent??? That's not true but they do lose kids to local schools and there's also kids who don't play that would certainly help. It doesn't help they play in a challenging conference, even after recently switching to the American side of the Suburban. They've also got the worst facilities in the league by a long ways.

The construction of the new school should help a long ways in changing the perception of the team and program. The numbers are way down. This isn't going to be an overnight fix for them. This will take years. 4-5 years I'd guess.

Youth program has gone to crap and it used to be great. Middle school numbers are awful, only have one team. No freshman team. Barely a JV.

It's also important to understand the dynamics of the city and what it is right now though it's shifting a bit again trending upwards.

30 years ago when Falls was actually a powerhouse in basketball and baseball and very respectable in football many Akron rubber workers families resided here and some steel mill families as well. The demise of the those industries slowly took those families away changing the type of kids who walk the halls. Falls has become more of a transient community with many renters living here now. Couple that with a downtown that was almost a ghost town for a decade and the community was really lagging behind the communities they were competing with in their leagues.

Downtown though now is rejuvenated and a new school is coming. Hopefully this can help bring back some respectability and build the community back.

CVCA facilities are far superior to either school.