When can a Casual Fan attend a HS event?

Do you have any connections with the schools or programs you want to see? Or families of players? Might be able to score and extra/unused voucher or code.

But otherwise...I would say the fall is your best bet.

Should have a slight chance of being able to at the moment. For sectional basketball in the Dayton area, I understood that unclaimed tickets (they were making available 8 per player at Vandalia-Butler) would be made available first come first serve at the door as general admission. I'd assume the same will be true for the district finals games that will be at Butler.

Should have a slight chance of being able to at the moment. For sectional basketball in the Dayton area, I understood that unclaimed tickets (they were making available 8 per player at Vandalia-Butler) would be made available first come first serve at the door as general admission. I'd assume the same will be true for the district finals games that will be at Butler.
Thanks so much!

Thanks so much!

I would certainly call ahead and confirm with the site before going if interested. I believe that when the team I coach for played there last week that with their capacity there should have been a few hundred general admission tickets available before any extra were dumped in from the allotted players' tickets.

With the health order increasing seating capacity for indoor sporting events to 25% this week, Butler should be allowed to have up to somewhere around 800-1,000 I would think once you adjust for seating lost at the floor level due to those bleachers being pulled in to allow for extra spacing in the bench areas. Between players and cheerleaders I wouldn't think they'd have more than maybe 400 tickets reserved to be claimed in advance by the schools participating in each game.

Baseball games are not usually in a closed environment (although ours are). Try to stroll by a game or two. I believe football should be back to normal in the fall.

Baseball games are not usually in a closed environment (although ours are). Try to stroll by a game or two. I believe football should be back to normal in the fall.

Good call. I was thinking the same. You should be able to stroll around a local field and watch a game from a distance.

Baseball is not tracking fans that I have seen.
Funny..... dictator Dewine was sending his goon squad to the local HS baseball game yesterday so the coaches have heads up to the parents to play the stupid masks en social distancing game again. This far the baseball ha been business as usual. The only mask I saw so far was the other day by some turd wearing one in those stupid enclosed weather pods.

Baseball is not tracking fans that I have seen.
Funny..... dictator Dewine was sending his goon squad to the local HS baseball game yesterday so the coaches have heads up to the parents to play the stupid masks en social distancing game again. This far the baseball ha been business as usual. The only mask I saw so far was the other day by some turd wearing one in those stupid enclosed weather pods.
You can sit in the stands at our school right now.

Our school is following the protocols out of fear of Dewine nuking the season. No stands. Everyone has to bring their own chair and wear a mask. Sat in the press box Friday with my wife and my mom and we only pulled our masks up when someone came in the door.

I've already been to six baseball games as a 'casual fan' in addition to two scrimmages, at seven different facilities (five school campuses, two for-rent venues.) Each place has had their own different handling and enforcement of the protocols. By and large, everything has ran just fine.

The best practice as a fan: just do what's asked of you by the hosting school. It's that simple. Spectating high school sports is a privilege, after all. Any games where I wasn't sure if I could personally get in, I just reached out to the hosting school's AD and they were always happy to promptly respond (2 for 2 on getting the green light.)

No restrictions on high school baseball games that I know of. Had a good crowd on hand Saturday for Crestview vs. Fort Recovery.

Our school is following the protocols out of fear of Dewine nuking the season. No stands. Everyone has to bring their own chair and wear a mask. Sat in the press box Friday with my wife and my mom and we only pulled our masks up when someone came in the door.
Sucks to be you guys.

Nary a mask where I have been going.......and bleachers wide open for fans.