When a bear attacks, don't 'push a slower friend down,' National Park Service says

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
The National Park Service advised parkgoers facing a bear attack not to "push a slower friend down," prompting a humorous back-and-forth with social media users with jokes of their own.

"If you come across a bear, never push a slower friend down… even if you feel the friendship has run its course," the service tweeted on Tuesday.

We were in Denali National Park this past July and the driver of the bus that takes you deep into the park asked the question "what do you do if you run across a bear?".....I answered "can't outrun the bear, just need to outrun those around you." As usual, my wife was not amused. We didn't see any bears that day, but we did run across a pair of black bear cubs near Anchorage a few dsys prior.

We were in Denali National Park this past July and the driver of the bus that takes you deep into the park asked the question "what do you do if you run across a bear?".....I answered "can't outrun the bear, just need to outrun those around you." As usual, my wife was not amused. We didn't see any bears that day, but we did run across a pair of black bear cubs near Anchorage a few dsys prior.
In the real part of the brain, you KNOW that driver has heard that five times a week. Still it needs to be said and it's best to be first.

Of course not... always push down the FASTER friend 'cause there's no chance you'll outrun them if you don't.

The faster friend doesn't need to push down the slower friend. They can just out run them.

1677875828828.png