What's Your Heritage?

And, didn't the original native Asians come from Africa? And, didn't the original native Europeans come from Africa, by way of Asia? We're all African-Americans!

From a biblical perspective, all humans originated in Mesopotamia in western Asia, so that would make us all Asian-Americans. :)

And, didn't the original native Asians come from Africa? And, didn't the original native Europeans come from Africa, by way of Asia? We're all African-Americans!

GrouchyAnnualAldabratortoise-size_restricted.gif

Word!!

50% Irish, 50% German as far as I know. I've been wanting to do a DNA test...anyone have insight on which are most accurate or are they all just a crap shoot?

Last edited:
Italian/Greek and Russian on my dad's side. French and Irish on my mom's. Just what I know. Never done a DNA test

50% Irish, 50% German as far as I know. I've been wanting to do a DNA test...anyone have insight on which are most accurate or are they all just a crap shoot?

I've done 23 and me and also ancestry. It's gotten the 5 ones I know about as I mentioned in my first post. You'll get other small percentages sprinkles in as well. I have German and Hungarian on my mom's side. I'm guessing the sprinkling of Ukraine Poland was from them branching out ..

You'll get variations though. I had the most from Spain on 23 and me and France on ancestry. I know my father and his parents are from Cuba but the 2 sides came over from France and Spain respectively

Both of those sites though are fun. And the apps both update without paying for the monthly pay features

I will be telling the 2020 census I’m American.

All of my great-grandparents on both sides of my families were born here. If you go back far enough, I’ve got German, Irish, Welsh and probably a lot of other countries in Northern Europe. I’m curious to do one of those DNA tests

I will be telling the 2020 census I’m American.

All of my great-grandparents on both sides of my families were born here. If you go back far enough, I’ve got German, Irish, Welsh and probably a lot of other countries in Northern Europe. I’m curious to do one of those DNA tests
Let us know the results; I guessing you’re 80% Chihuahua.

67% Ireland & Scotland
33% England, Wales, Northwestern Europe

When I first had my DNA tested a number of years ago, Ancestry broke it down further. It said the 67% was Ireland, specifically Rosscommon, which is exactly where my great-grandfather emigrated from. Also, I had 1% South Seas. I figure one of my ancestors must have been in the English Navy!

American.

Honestly, I couldn't tell you the slightest bit of information on where my ancestors came from, and I really have no desire to know. To me, it has zero affect on my life today. I am American and proud to be an America. I don't call myself an Irish American or an African American, etc. Just American, for me.