What would Clemson's, Bama's and ND's record be if they played in the Big 10?

Football as any sport is all about matchups. That is why you see how a team like Purdue could catch OSU on an off day and beat them handily. I don't believe in the equate theory, but I see it argued on here or in the media, so I will play that game. I'm not all that surprised that Purdue is getting it taken to them because they do not match up well with Auburn, and Auburn in an experienced team who can do damage when playing to it ability. But the ACC is weak. It gets really tough when you have to play top quality teams all the time. Those teams will beat up on you and cause you to lose later on down the road because of the injuries you had in the prior games. I think that was the case of the OSU/Purdue game. I just think that BIG teams will get up for games. In the SEC and the ACC they just are too outcoached and overmatched to play with Clemson and Bama. I don't think that if they were in the BIG they would be able to play against storied programs like OSU, UM, PSU, MSU, Iowa, and Wisky and not have it take a toll. Then when you are not ready for it, a team like Purdue gets up for you and knocks you out. I just don't see that in the ACC and SEC right now. The ACC has more potential to get tougher because Miami and FSU have been and will be powerhouses. The rest of the ACC are basketball schools. The SEC has Alabama, Georgia, Florida, and Auburn. Who else is that tough in the SEC? I guess LSU and Tennessee could get back to that elite status. I also think it's BS that they only play an eight game league schedule. There might be more upsets if say Bama played Texas A&M and then in that glorified bye week where they play teams like The Citadel, they had to play say a team from the East they avoided. I just think the playoff system as it is now favors two teams whose leagues can't tough them: Clemson and Bama.

Football as any sport is all about matchups. That is why you see how a team like Purdue could catch OSU on an off day and beat them handily. I don't believe in the equate theory, but I see it argued on here or in the media, so I will play that game. I'm not all that surprised that Purdue is getting it taken to them because they do not match up well with Auburn, and Auburn in an experienced team who can do damage when playing to it ability. But the ACC is weak. It gets really tough when you have to play top quality teams all the time. Those teams will beat up on you and cause you to lose later on down the road because of the injuries you had in the prior games. I think that was the case of the OSU/Purdue game. I just think that BIG teams will get up for games. In the SEC and the ACC they just are too outcoached and overmatched to play with Clemson and Bama. I don't think that if they were in the BIG they would be able to play against storied programs like OSU, UM, PSU, MSU, Iowa, and Wisky and not have it take a toll. Then when you are not ready for it, a team like Purdue gets up for you and knocks you out. I just don't see that in the ACC and SEC right now. The ACC has more potential to get tougher because Miami and FSU have been and will be powerhouses. The rest of the ACC are basketball schools. The SEC has Alabama, Georgia, Florida, and Auburn. Who else is that tough in the SEC? I guess LSU and Tennessee could get back to that elite status. I also think it's BS that they only play an eight game league schedule. There might be more upsets if say Bama played Texas A&M and then in that glorified bye week where they play teams like The Citadel, they had to play say a team from the East they avoided. I just think the playoff system as it is now favors two teams whose leagues can't tough them: Clemson and Bama.

Are you seriously comparing the SEC to the ACC???? Wow your dumber than I thought. Getting through the SEC schedule is much tougher than getting through the Big Ten schedule, in terms of injuries, tough games back to back and what not. Keep grasping at air, because you have no argument.

One last point LSU has done much more than every team in the Big Ten outside of Ohio State, yet your not sure if they are that tough of a program.

:laugh: Just stop before you type any more of this nonsense. You're losing credibility by the letter.

Purdue has been a perennial bottom-feeder in the B1G for years. Ohio State laid an egg, but it wasn't even a "trap" game after a Penn State or Michigan St. They played Minnesota at home the week prior - and struggled with the Gophers. Then followed up their loss to Purdue by letting Nebraska hang around for 4 Qtrs also at home. Ohio State has no one to blame but themselves. This nonsense about the SEC and ACC not having teams that will "get up" and beat the favorites is crap.

In the ACC - Clemson has lost to:
2017 - unranked Syrcause
2016 - unranked Pitt
That's not counting their scares against:
2017 - #20 NC State
2016 - unranked Troy and NC State
2015 - unranked Louisville
2014 - unranked Louisville and BC

In the SEC - Bama has lost to:
2017 - #6 Auburn (who then lost to UCF)
2015 - #15 Ole Miss
2014 - #11 Ole Miss
2013 - #4 Auburn
2012 - #15 A&M
The only Bama loss by more than one score in that time frame is last year's 26-14 game to Auburn.

Also if you want to consider MSU, Iowa and Wisconsin "storied programs" then surely you'd say that schools like Pitt, VA Tech are from the ACC and schools like LSU, A&M and Tennessee are from the SEC, in addition to the schools you mentioned.

Late nomination for dumbest post of the year.

I could see Clemson getting tripped up a game or two in the Big ten but they'd be at the top. Bama would be at the top annually. Notre Dame this season probably would be ok.
I don't know why big ten fans get all hot about the SEC. They are the best. They put the most players in the NFL, and it's not even close. Their lines are better, their speed is better.
My point with Ohio STate is they get to play all these big ten teams 7-8 games a season, most are inferior opponents. In the SEC, you have to bring it every single week. There are multiple NFL talent on all teams in the SEC. Not so in the big ten.
It's why I always say Ohio State HAS to play a top 10 team non-conference every season. TCU turned out to be a farce this year. There has to be some way of taking the scheduling away from the schools. All sports puts schedules together 6 months in advance, college football does it 6 years in advance, then hides behind it.

I could see Clemson getting tripped up a game or two in the Big ten but they'd be at the top. Bama would be at the top annually. Notre Dame this season probably would be ok.
I don't know why big ten fans get all hot about the SEC. They are the best. They put the most players in the NFL, and it's not even close. Their lines are better, their speed is better.
My point with Ohio STate is they get to play all these big ten teams 7-8 games a season, most are inferior opponents. In the SEC, you have to bring it every single week. There are multiple NFL talent on all teams in the SEC. Not so in the big ten.
It's why I always say Ohio State HAS to play a top 10 team non-conference every season. TCU turned out to be a farce this year. There has to be some way of taking the scheduling away from the schools. All sports puts schedules together 6 months in advance, college football does it 6 years in advance, then hides behind it.

There's plenty of non-quality opponents in the SEC. See the SEC East most years sans Georgia.

There's also NFL talent on almost every Big 10 roster. Ohio State does not always produce the most draft picks either.

I think this has less to do with the B10 and more to do with dumb azzes who believe in the transitive property when evaluating Football teams.

Exactly, Any one who thinks Auburn would beat OSU by 50+ point as an complete hat.

Are you seriously comparing the SEC to the ACC???? Wow your dumber than I thought. Getting through the SEC schedule is much tougher than getting through the Big Ten schedule, in terms of injuries, tough games back to back and what not. Keep grasping at air, because you have no argument.

Wow you don't know how to read because I didn't compare the SEC to the ACC, nor did I say the ACC was better than the SEC. Nor did I say the BIG Ten was better. I am saying that Alabama and Clemson would have a tougher time making in through the BIG Ten than their current conferences. You can disagree, but the last time tOSU played Alabama they beat the snot out of them. If you think playing Mississippi, LSU, Auburn, Mississippi, Tennessee, oh yeah that powerhouse Arkansas than playing UM, tOSU, MSU, PSU, and a couple more BIG teams then your dumber than I thought you are. Get a life imbecile. You can disagree if you like, but you did not make one valid argument other than to say they are better. That LSU's starting QB is a guy who had to leave tOSU because he was probably going to be third string. That is your tougher team? I'd like to see a home and home between tOSU and Bama. It would be interesting, but they would never do it. They would only play at some neutral site once. But to you, that makes the SEC the best league.

So essentially you are saying Big 10 is better than the SEC?

And I was lead to believe everyone thought the Big 10 was the worst of the p5 conferences

And yes playing Georgia, Auburn, LSU, Miss St, Texas A&M and Mizzou is tougher than facing the Big 10 East and the West champion.

Btw all of those teams I listed sans Auburn are currently ranked in the top 25. That is 5 ranked opponents and one of those is arguably the 3rd best team in the country. Much tougher than what you proposed. No sane person could argue otherwise.

Would you rather insert OSU into the SEC West where they would play Bama, Miss St, LSU, TAMU, Auburn, and then Georgia in the championship? Come on

And yes playing Georgia, Auburn, LSU, Miss St, Texas A&M and Mizzou is tougher than facing the Big 10 East and the West champion.

Btw all of those teams I listed sans Auburn are ranked currently the top 25. That is 5 ranked opponents and arguably the 2nd lr 3rd best team in the country. Much tougher than what you proposed. No sane person could argue otherwise.

Would you rather insert OSU into the SEC West where they would play Bama, Miss St, LSU, TAMU, Auburn, and then Georgia in the championship? Come on

Quit taking Ls :laugh:

I think tOSU would do fine in the SEC West. The only team that would give them a ton of trouble would be Alabama. I'm not saying that those other teams would not battle tOSU, but when tOSU plays its best, they beat all of those teams with the exception of Alabama, but they would beat Bama. It'd would be nice to see Bama make a trip to the Shoe in November. And how could you put Mizzou in the list? They would have the same record they have in the BIG.

So Purdue and Iowa have given them trouble but only Bama would? Come on

Doing fine isn't what you stated. You said running through the Big would be tougher which I am realizing was a solid troll job on your part. Well played :laugh: you had me going

I think tOSU would do fine in the SEC West. The only team that would give them a ton of trouble would be Alabama. I'm not saying that those other teams would not battle tOSU, but when tOSU plays its best, they beat all of those teams with the exception of Alabama, but they would beat Bama. It'd would be nice to see Bama make a trip to the Shoe in November. And how could you put Mizzou in the list? They would have the same record they have in the BIG.
Bc they played Mizzou this year...

There's plenty of non-quality opponents in the SEC. See the SEC East most years sans Georgia.

There's also NFL talent on almost every Big 10 roster. Ohio State does not always produce the most draft picks either.

The B1G has at least 10 bad teams.

Wow you don't know how to read because I didn't compare the SEC to the ACC, nor did I say the ACC was better than the SEC. Nor did I say the BIG Ten was better. I am saying that Alabama and Clemson would have a tougher time making in through the BIG Ten than their current conferences. You can disagree, but the last time tOSU played Alabama they beat the snot out of them. If you think playing Mississippi, LSU, Auburn, Mississippi, Tennessee, oh yeah that powerhouse Arkansas than playing UM, tOSU, MSU, PSU, and a couple more BIG teams then your dumber than I thought you are. Get a life imbecile. You can disagree if you like, but you did not make one valid argument other than to say they are better. That LSU's starting QB is a guy who had to leave tOSU because he was probably going to be third string. That is your tougher team? I'd like to see a home and home between tOSU and Bama. It would be interesting, but they would never do it. They would only play at some neutral site once. But to you, that makes the SEC the best league.
:laugh: The sad part is you actually believe this. You went the imbecile route, further showing how beat you are in this conversation.

It’s pretty clear that Auburn would go undefeated in the Big Ten, and beat Ohio State by 78 points, give or take a safety

The SEC is the best conference, but as I believe I've posted before it's definitely not about the depth IMO. It's because the top 2-3 teams are way better than the top 2-3 teams in any other league. From what I've seen this year nationally I'd have Alabama at #1, Georgia #3, and LSU probably #6 or #7. A merit-based 8 team playoff would probably also have Clemson at #2, Oklahoma at #4, and then I'd go with Notre Dame, Ohio State and Washington in some order 5th-8th with LSU. LSU is probably better than 1-2 of those three teams. You'd get three SEC teams and then just one team from any other league.

As to how an Ohio State or Oklahoma would fare in the SEC, it really depends on how many of those three teams they're playing that year. After that, IMO, everybody else pretty much looks like playing a Big Ten, Big XII, or ACC schedule.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Bama and Clemson would more than likely go undefeated assuming just one of them was in league. ND would drop one game.

About once every 4/5 years the B10 is boss. Aside from that it is SEC and this year is definitely an SEC year. Florida, Auburn, A&M, LSU, and MSU would all have pushed for a B10 title depending on whose schedule they played. Bama and Georgia win it all hands down.

Bama and Clemson are head and shoulders above with talent. Georgia and OSU come close. If anyone read's Phil Steele just look at all of the kids on the 2 and 3 deep and their PS ranking. Bama, Clemson, Georgia, and OSU are ahead of everyone. Bama is disgustingly sick.

PS ranking = Phil Steele takes the top three or five (?) recruiting services and adds up each kids ranking for each one and divides by however many there are. Gives a pretty good assessment what kind of talent teams have. Bama has guys that would be ALL B10 on their bench.

The one thing I will say people do not take into account is playing in hostile environments. Both the B10 and SEC have really tough venues. Playing at Penn State and then having to travel to OSU a week later is not easy. Playing at Kinnick at night or Camp Randall is not easy. Most B10 stadiums hold 75,000 plus and of course UM, PSU, and OSU are 3 of the top 4 stadiums in the world.

SEC has the same kind of environments with slightly overall smaller venues. Overall.

B12 is a joke. Aside from Texas and Oklahoma they are small. Look up many of their stadiums. TCU plays before 30,000. Just saying.

If I'm not mistaken, TCU has been in a newer stadium for a few years. Up until maybe 4-5 years ago they were basically in a MAC level stadium.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I of course left out Oklahoma 80,000 and Texas 100,000

Big 10
UM - 107,000
PSU - 106,000
OSU - 105,000
Nebraska - 85,000
Wisconsin - 80,000
MSU - 75,000
Iowa - 70,000
Illinois -60,000
Purdue - 57,000
The rest are at 50,000

SEC
Bama - 102,000
Tenn - 102,000
LSU - 102,000
A&M 102,000
Georgia 90,000
Auburn 87,000
Florida 88,000
Arkansas 81,000
S.Car 80,000
Mizzou 71,000
Ole Miss 64,000
MSU 61,000
KY 61,000
Vandy 40,000

SEC boss in total stadium capacity as well.

I can think of about 7 Big 10 venues I would not want to play for a 7PM game in November.

I can think of about 2 MAYBE 3 in the B12.

I can think of about 10 in the SEC.

Perhaps 2 in the ACC and Pac10.

Conference matters.

Top 4 teams this year IMO would be Bama, Clemson, Georgia, and toss a coin between OSU, Oklahoma, and a couple SEC teams for 4th slot (records aside).