What Was The Best Game of the Decade?

There's too many good games to count. That game is attendance record for Cavalier Stadium and I don't think that will ever be broken. I still laugh at the guy who pulled the boom truck behind the visitor stands. For those who don't know, Cavalier Stadium seats roughly 3,500 people. There was probably over 5000 people there and I'm probably still undershooting it.

It was epic no doubt. The tailgating was college esque. One place has the Moeller Brew barn beer stand. What was the 50 50 that night.....15k?

I think that Moeller vs Mentor in 2013 would be my pick. The MAC has had a ton of great games for sure, especially Coldwater and Marion Local. One that might deserve consideration is when Kirtland upset 4 time state champ Marion Local in 2015. I think the score was 22-13. Great defensive battle.

I think the Massillon East St Louis games 2yrs ago was a hell of a game back and forth game down to who wanted more..

2014 Minster vs. Kirtland

<iframe width="900" height="506" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Any thought of starting a new thread (maybe one exists already) of posting your school's top 10 games/upsets/wins/matchups in the past 20 years. With a lot of sitting around now for the next couple of weeks, I think it would be cool to see what life long fans from their respective high school would have to say!

I've said it many times before and posts in threads like these only prove me right.

Some of these stark county guys would rather see Massillon lose, than their own team win.

With that being said, my personal votes would go

The TCC vs Athens title game in 14
The Moeller vs Mentor title game

100% percent sure I'll be the only poster on here aware of this game, but to me it was the epitome of small time high school football in Ohio. In 2014, Kenton Ridge and Tecumseh both went into week 6 at 5-0. It was the opening game of conference play and also homecoming for Kenton Ridge. Tecumseh jumped out to a 25-7 lead midway through the third quarter. A Kenton Ridge safety sparked the start of a comeback with two touchdowns followed by a pair of two point conversions to tie the game up at 25. A final touchdown in overtime and a fourth down stop sealed the comback.
On a bigger scale I've never seen a back and forth affair like the 2014 D3 title game between Athens and Toledo CC. That game gets my vote

I've said it many times before and posts in threads like these only prove me right.

Some of these stark county guys would rather see Massillon lose, than their own team win.

With that being said, my personal votes would go

The TCC vs Athens title game in 14
The Moeller vs Mentor title game
What do you think was the best Massillon game? I would think it's got to be the Perry game in 2015

Within the GMC, definitely The 2019 Colerain-Fairfield game.

I think Fairfield may have won with a healthy McClain. Best team the Indians had since their 1999 team that won the GMC.

Numerous goal-line stands by the Cards, including one in OT to seal the win.

So much on the line, with yards and points at a premium and everything left out on the field. Was one of those games that makes high school football such an enjoyable spectacle.

Several Lasalle and St. X games in this time, too.

On the same night as that all-time classic, Kirtland beat Youngstown Ursuline 38-37 after being down 24-0 at halftime. Best HS game I’ve attended to date.
I would agree this one was unbelievable. I am an Irish fan and was on the sideline to witness this. I think Kirtland had something like 24 yards at half. I told my buddy, let's watch one more possession and then we'll leave. Needless to say, what a game! Two point Irish attempt gets stuffed at the end.

The year Loveland won the D2 state championship, their regional championship game at Lockland Stadium, Mt Healthy had a big lead, maybe 21 points and Loveland stormed back to win it by 7. David Montgomery from Mt Healthy was u stoppable and had he not left with injury, Mt Healthy definitely wins.

The following week in the state semifinals, Loveland won an overtime thriller in another 4th quarter comeback, converting a 4th and goal to force overtime, against Zanesville. Zanesville and Mt Healthy were both good enough to be state champions. But someone had to go home on those nights. Loveland did all of this while not having their leading rusher in a WingT offense, out with torn ACL. The following week they beat Glenville in the snowstorm.

I think the Zanesville and Mt Healthy games were a tie for best games I saw this last decade. That state title for Loveland ushered in a fast demise of Loveland football, lots of 1-9 seasons. No idea why such a freefall, but they still have a state title!