What the "BAN" does to Moeller FB Schedule

What does a public school get out of playing private schools like X, St. Ed's, St. Ignatius, Elder or Moeller?

A measuring stick to see if you can compete for a state title. Experience playing great teams going into the playoffs. Look at Mentor last year. Got whooped by Ignatius week 2. Took that experience learned from it and came back and best both Ed's and Ignatius in the playoffs. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say if Mentor didn't play Ignatius week 2 and played a public school (we'll say South, a solid playoff team) instead they lose to Ed's. I think most would agree with that.

Like the great Ric Flair says: To be the man, you gotta beat the man.

A measuring stick to see if you can compete for a state title. Experience playing great teams going into the playoffs. Look at Mentor last year. Got whooped by Ignatius week 2. Took that experience learned from it and came back and best both Ed's and Ignatius in the playoffs. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say if Mentor didn't play Ignatius week 2 and played a public school (we'll say South, a solid playoff team) instead they lose to Ed's. I think most would agree with that.

Like the great Ric Flair says: To be the man, you gotta beat the man.

Why does't Walsh, Toledo St. John's and Toledo St. Francis play Ed's or Iggy's?

Did they really have four safeties ? :laugh: They are paying back the Canucks for that beat down they took from Northwest at Nippert.

As for the topic I think what people are really missing is the Spritual Experience that both teams always get out of a game like this. It's about more than football. :grouphug:

:angel:

Anyone notice the following:

"Senior linebacker Evan Shergold (6-1, 200), offensive tackle John Sawicki (6-3, 300) along with receivers Rayshawn Smith, Matthew Crocker and Kaion Grant."

"Rodenberg said he is a bit nervous going into the game not knowing a whole lot but believes the Toronto likes to run and play an event front defensively"

Journalism is becoming worse and worse imo.

I'm sure Fairmont would schedule that game as long as it is a home and home series...maybe you should suggest that to the powers that be at Moeller? Wayne, Centerville, Northmont, etc. would probably go for that.

I think they've made moves to try and schedule more games with GWOC schools. I think the GWOC kind of runs up against the same issue as the GMC with the amount of member schools and limited non-league games.

Admittedly, it's my understanding that Moeller ended a Home/Home with Centerville on a less than stellar footing. Although they won, apparently they won with some questionable behavior and I'll be the first agree it was bush league and I do believe things have changed with the program.

I wish Moeller would look more up to the Columbus area as well for early season games with the Dublin, Hilliard and other Columbus area schools.

Well then why doesn't the " great GWOC " Powers step up and call Big Moe and ask to play home and home every year? Let me answer that, because they are pretty sure what will happen. GCL Vs. GWOC is a mismatch 99 percent of the time. It's more difficult then you think to get programs to agree to play most GCL south's big 3. I have a family member on coaching staff and they are always looking for good games, so if you think your school is good enough, step up don't blame Moeller!:shrug:

In all fairness and to be honest Wayne has a winning record against the GCL-South in playoff games since 2000. Thats not including Wayne's 99 season which would only strengthen my case....... I will be fair and stop at 2000.

I don't think McNicholas really wanted to play that game against Oakridge either. They had a difficult time finding an opponent after New Richmond dropped them because they thumped them by 50 pts last season. They owed us a home game this year.

I think the Canadians took the safeties because the alternative was 3 punt returns for TD's.

Nice people from Canada though. We had a good time with them at the tailgate!

Then all the more reason to play one of the big 3 every year then, right? It should be a no brainer! Why wait for the playoffs? I think that would be a great idea, a GCL vs GWOC Challenge! Book it Dano !:D

Then all the more reason to play one of the big 3 every year then, right? It should be a no brainer! Why wait for the playoffs? I think that would be a great idea, a GCL vs GWOC Challenge! Book it Dano !:D

Wayne has had no problem playing schools from the GCL south early in the season in past years. The problem is there is no benefit from it. Most GWOC schools that make the playoffs have already had a competitive enough schedule to be prepared for a GCL school come playoff time. Unfortunately Wayne is the only school that has had any kind of success against GCL schools. I honestly think Trotwood would be able to get there fair share of wins against GCL teams as well but with them being D-2 in years past and now D-3 that is something that we will probably never see.